Hello ModularGrid,

I'm warmed up with my skiff with lots of befaco utilities at it's core and now would like to fill this baby with some extras.
First up: I probably want to ditch the MidiThing and put in a drawer. I used the skiff stand alone 99% of the time in the last weeks, and I want to build on that. Midi in is nice and all but I'm neither a keyboard virtuoso nor do I plan to produce any daw programmed albums in the next years.

On my must have list is:
Befaco Kick All, I'm currently building my own kicks with the VCO, Rampage and AB+C, I want to free them for new stuff and have the kickall as voice.
Deddicated VCAs, The AB+C is currently abused as Audio VCA most of the time, but would be more usefull to invert and offset signals. I've choosen a small doepfer with the ability to switch between lin/exp and exponential response.
FX aid, to free the Disting a little from it's life of a reverb or tape delay module
2hp unity, to mix VCO + noise or simlilar or to mix CV

Things I'm considering:
Vox Digitalis or other quantised 8-16 CV step sequencer
Gate Sequencer or Shortbus

I'm really curious for other reccomendations or routes to go.
best
zugga

Had a little fun with this...
ModularGrid Rack
Added a dual VCO with interesting crossmod quirks, and two Takaab Nearness fixed-pan, fixed-level mixers. The Antumbra Dual VCA is an improvement over the Doepfer as it offers the same variable-response capabilities as the Veils VCAs. Also, I added an LPG for the Sine/Kickall combo so that you get a more drum-like result that should hit a lot harder.

The Nearness outputs should go directly to the Happy Nerding 3x Stereo Mixer, and you still have a third input (mono or stereo...the HN channels are normalized as "L = mono"). Then this now feeds the FX Aid more appropriately, since you're sending that stereo FX module from a stereo-out mixer. Lastly, I reordered it somewhat to make the signal paths and subsections more apparent for ease of use.

Also...this really would work a lot better with larger modules for ergonomics, which would necessitate a larger case. Something along the lines of a Mantis would be cost-effective AND fill that purpose.

Dang, Deleted my first Reply. So here we go again:

Thank you Lugia, first of all! I'm not only running out of space, but also out of Amperes! I'm considering/planing a bigger case but a big sturdy wood DIY box and the Befaco Excalibus (1.25A on both 12V rails) at it's core. In the end it probably will be around the same price as the mantis or more, but I really don't like the mantis looks/material. Even with the bigger case I will still use the tiny modules. If I'm cool with the tiny 2hp sine in the middle of all my cables, there is not much else that can shock me. And then there is room to grow and space stuff out.

I already ordered the Antumbra DVCA. I had this on my list before and saw that pusherman has the full kit in stock so I grabbed it at an instance. The LPG will be next, was also on my watch list but didn't put it in the build before.

I also shoot myself in the foot as I see now that pusherman also has the nearness panels in stock. Anyways...

For the stereo Mixer I need to look into the Happy Nerding 3x Stereo Mixer (2x mutes and additional TRS out) vs. the Befaco ST Mix (4ins + aux). both coming in at 6hp.

The Noise Reap Paradox looks cool, reminds me of my first synth/toy, the Korg Monotron Duo (which probably is a extremly unfair connection I'm making here, but both are dual). I'll do my research on this VCO, but a nice 8hp oscillator should be easy to find.

Thank you again for your fantastic considerations and explanation!
I will keep on tinkering with the rest.

Yeah, the Paradox is a good bit more twisted than just being a dual VCO. For one thing, it's a Noise Reap module, which means that it comes with all sorts of interesting "defects" in operation that make it crazier than that. Also, the VCOs are set up to cross-modulate, so it also has weird aspirations to be the oscillator core from a Buchla 258.

Just looked into the Noise Reap Paradox, and jep you're right. It's more than just a VCO. Looks and sounds frigging nice. I'll contact them today if they currently ship to the EU/Germany, as a lot of people have shipping issues right now.

I switched out the unity Panning Mixers form your build and added these 2hp ones as the PCB and front available at pushermann. Seems like mouser has everything I need in stock, too but I need to check local suppliers too.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-telexn
https://github.com/bpcmusic/TXn

It's probably a good idea anyway to have some wiggle room for the time I'm still in my jumpskiff.

Big shout out to @Lugia !
The Antumbra DVCA is super nifty and only 2cm deep, which is great for the tiny skiff people like me. With the other modules I need to fiddle a bit more around, the proposed setup is great, but I think I'd still rather add some easy to play trigger sequencer and maybe do not add the FX Aid, or exchange it with the Disting.

I changed the Rack to my current setup and will build from there. The nearness modules will be a longer process as it looks like I will build the 2hp version. But I need to get into smd components and my soldering iron also needs an upgrade. In the meantime I'll wait for another Kick All kit to drop at exploding shed.

Noise Reap modules seem to be amazing, but I also came across this little fellow https://www.modulargrid.net/e/instruo-ts-l-v2 which of course is super crowded and not too "playable" if there is more than two cables connected. But the ability to go in LFO territory sounds pretty nifty to me.

Can I bug you like this, @Lugia? I made some changes in my plan and would be interested in your feedback, maybe I'm on the wrong track so I'd be happy to get some outside view on this.

I'm super cool with my external non-analog drum setup, instead of getting a full kick voice I'd rather setup an + LPG for that if I need something more custom.
Switched out the Dual VCO for a Instruo VCO, probably not as experimental and crazy. But I'm also not getting this too soon anyway.
Removed one of the Nearness modules and kept some wiggle room for the setup in the skiff (modules deeper than 3,5cm might touch the power strip)

For me the biggest change: An FX Aid XL to have more modulation points on the effects. I'm currently using the Disting for effects and would rather use it modulate the effects themself with envelopes or LFOs

(Also, yes I need a bigger rack/ second skiff)

Thank you very much in advance

Monologue Mode activated: Just ordered the Noise Reap Paradox after watching the Demo once again.

Pretty bonkers, ain't it? What I've heard of it seems to me to be akin to a Buchla 258 on a bit of a weekend drunk. That "self-mod" setting on VCO1 just puts that module into a whole new turf, really. That seems to be a general modus operandi for Noise Reap, in fact...normal modules behaving just badly ENOUGH.