Hey people, can you help me? Is there something redundant in the case? Are there to much controllers and to less vcos?
Let me know what you Think

what exactly are you trying to do?

what do you mean by redundant? "functional duplication" in modular is often a very good thing

currently you seem to be quite modulation heavy - tetrapad/tete/quadrax/planar, melodic sequencer and adsr channel heavy - metropolix is I think 2 channels (and you only have one vco!) and you may not need adsr envelopes = the intellijel dual adsr is huge compared to similar modules from other brands

no vcas????

rainmaker is too big, imo, in a single rack like this unless some compromise is made with other modules being smaller than they should be (and I don't think you can do this in solely intellijel)

so you almost definitely need to add a quad vca and another vco - which means 20hp+ if you want to stay intellijel only (personally I wouldn't - I hate constraints)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Step 1: jettison the idea of trying to build this with only one make of modules (and case as well, apparently). All you're going to accomplish is hamstringing yourself by being unable to add things that AREN'T Intellijel...and this is a pretty serious error!

Step 2: try a bigger case, especially if you're hell-bent on using W---I---D---E modules such as the Rainmaker, Metropolix, et al. Right now, those things aren't doing you any favors; the Rainmaker and Metropolix alone take up 70 hp, and that has just a touch more than 1/3rd of this cab's 3U rows being taken up by just TWO modules!

Step 3: don't take my word for it. Get a copy of VCV Rack if you don't have one already, then try setting this build up in there. It won't be 100% exact, but at this point it doesn't matter, because the idea here is to show that what you've got isn't adequate as far as sound generation is concerned. Jim is VERY correct; module redundancy is actually a thing that SHOULD happen in some cases (especially VCOs...you can't set up a fat, detuned sound without that second VCO) and trying to avoid this is not something either he or I would recommend.

thanks so far fellow humans. i re build it and made a few changes... what do you now think?

i know that the limit that set i me with the idea to only use Intellijel is a little bit for the ass but on the other site.. thats the challenge and its fancy :P

what exactly are you trying to do?

what do you mean by redundant? "functional duplication" in modular is often a very good thing

currently you seem to be quite modulation heavy - tetrapad/tete/quadrax/planar, melodic sequencer and adsr channel heavy - metropolix is I think 2 channels (and you only have one vco!) and you may not need adsr envelopes = the intellijel dual adsr is huge compared to similar modules from other brands

no vcas????

rainmaker is too big, imo, in a single rack like this unless some compromise is made with other modules being smaller than they should be (and I don't think you can do this in solely intellijel)

so you almost definitely need to add a quad vca and another vco - which means 20hp+ if you want to stay intellijel only (personally I wouldn't - I hate constraints)

-- JimHowell1970

a art dream machine that can do sounds above your imagination but also minimal techno or ambient shit :D
i think that should work^^

other module builder dont fit in the esthetic... maybe mutabel instruments and alm buiscuit....

Again, I renew my objections to trying to do this with modules from only one manufacturer. That might've been the routine back in the 1960s and 70s, but back then you didn't have the current plethora of module choices. And part of why I'm objecting is actually right here in this case: the Quad VCA.

OK, so that module is based on the original Veils VCA topology, and it's 12 hp...like the original Veils. But at this point, Mutable's moved on to a v.2 of that, which fits in 10 hp. And anywhere you can save space means that you have more space for functions. And with just one VCO, you need more functionality in that one point at least, since you have no way to detune between 2-3 VCOs to generate a bigger/fatter sound.

Another problem with this plan is that you're forcing yourself to use modules that, in this build size, are on the edge of taking up too much space, and the Rainmaker and Metropolix are definitely too big for this case size. In fact, those two modules alone take up 70 hp on their own...and you only have 208 hp of 3U slots, meaning that nearly 30% of the cab's main rows are covered by just two modules. That's not a good way to proceed.

It looks nice. But any group of modules from the same maker using the same aesthetics will look nice placed together. You'll see this in marketing videos as well as sponsored videos.

Some manufacturers DO make turn-key (ready to play when assembled) kits like Make Noise and Roland. If you're new, they are viable options for general synthesis and exploration. They aren't bad kits at all.

But you'll find as you LEARN the functionality of module types and key-in on how all of this "patching by wires" works in its own unique way... you'll find that a mixed kit is usually much stronger than a run of modules all from the same place.

Again, I renew my objections to trying to do this with modules from only one manufacturer. That might've been the routine back in the 1960s and 70s, but back then you didn't have the current plethora of module choices. And part of why I'm objecting is actually right here in this case: the Quad VCA.

OK, so that module is based on the original Veils VCA topology, and it's 12 hp...like the original Veils. But at this point, Mutable's moved on to a v.2 of that, which fits in 10 hp. And anywhere you can save space means that you have more space for functions. And with just one VCO, you need more functionality in that one point at least, since you have no way to detune between 2-3 VCOs to generate a bigger/fatter sound.

Another problem with this plan is that you're forcing yourself to use modules that, in this build size, are on the edge of taking up too much space, and the Rainmaker and Metropolix are definitely too big for this case size. In fact, those two modules alone take up 70 hp on their own...and you only have 208 hp of 3U slots, meaning that nearly 30% of the cab's main rows are covered by just two modules. That's not a good way to proceed.
-- Lugia

thank you again :)
i think that the rainmaiker is a beautifull, mighty modul what allone should a live time fun. correct me but isnt there at least three VCA modules =quad VCAx2 and the Planar... isnt that enough for shapeshifter and Plonk? + with mixup is there a mixer too.
yeah the Metropolix dosent fit so well apart from the fact the in/outputs are above, i will replace it. but with what. should i put more LFO´s or a third VCO?
it makes fun to puzzle :3

after a little bit revision it has now 4VCO´s and seven(7)!!! VCA or Mixmodules. i should be able to control everey modul and at the end the OScis audible... or not?