Thank you Ronin for your feedback. Since I am new to modular synths I was under the impression that at least ACL focusses on a good audio quality level. Before I got interested recently in synthesizers, I kept myself pretty busy with HiFi stuff and to be honest, it is difficult to judge which module might be an interesting one for a good HiFi circuit and which aren't. I just heard that ACL seems to be pretty good if it comes to hifi audio. So that rumour I heard is that correct?

I tested at a local shop the Waldorf Quantum, I was pretty impressed by it and before you shoot me here straight away, please allow me to explain ;-) At that time it wasn't clear yet to me what I wanted, now it's clear to me I want a modular synthesizer system (containing, at a certain stage at least, several synths within that system). Since I discovered that Waldorf has modules for the modular system as well, I was kind of interested and wonder if Waldorf modules can be mixed up with ACL modules to form one or another way one kind of synthesizer within my to be future modular system. Mind that I mean with if Waldorf & ACL can be mixed I mean that from a hifi point of view, are they about equal level if we talk about quality (hifi) audio level. I heard again a rumour that Waldorf might not be up to the level of ACL. Naturally you are welcome to mention other brands that have & concern about high quality audio; naturally the con of that is the usual high prices of the modules. So yet another planned synthesizer within my future modular system would be less focussing on high quality audio more though on functionality and possibilities of the modules themselves.

So to decide for myself (you are right of course, one needs to made up his/her mind: what do you really want with your modular system) which modules from Waldorf & ACL I am interested in, well that's difficult to decide if there is barely nothing to look for and other than the manufacturer's information about it, there isn't much additional information on these both brands' modules. For Waldorf I couldn't find really much on the Internet (youtube for example), for ACL modules a bit more but still not too much to give me a good impression and enough details to decide into which modules I would be interested or not.

I therefore was hoping people could share here their experiences with any of the Waldorf modules except the CMP1 that one doesn't interest me much (there are only 5 if I am not mistaken, so minus the CMP1, the other 4 I am interested in) and though ACL has a few more, not that huge number either. Also just general impressions, pros/cons of both brands modules would interest me, just to give me an impression. Anything at the moment is more than I know now about both brands ;-)

For many other brands, I had already a chance to test several modules (per brand I am interested in) at a local shop nearby I live however Waldorf was not available for testing and for ACL only a few modules that didn't interest me much so far. Okay from ACL currently the two modules that interest me most would be QLFO and the VC Dual Delay, however if there are users who have great (or less great) experiences with other ACL modules such information would be still much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for sharing your experiences.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads