Hi Ronin1973
Thanks for your reply. I think i am gonna get the quad vca from intellijel. Having read plenty on the subject and Lugia’s advice no vca would indeed feel like leaving the best part of modular out.

The only concern i have withe quad (because i am not fully understanding its modus openredi) is that it has a mixer functionality. I understand that if i were not to use the vca it would operate as a mixer but if i use it as vca, can it still serve as a mixer? If i were to plug in plaits in ch 1, but yet use vca 1 for marble, would plaits on ch1 have marble vca setting applied to it?
-- Jays

The "mixer" portion of it all has to do with the logic of what you have plugged into it and what you don't. All the jacks have normals. If you insert a patch cable, it breaks the normal.

So yes, if you want to use each output individually, mix them all, or create a two sub-mixes... you can do all that. You can read the documentation from Intellijel's website if you're still cloudy or worried. But it will work without an issue once you understand the logic behind the normals.