Thanks for the replies!

— the Quadrax expander is a good value of $s and HP, I would recommend finding space for that
-- nickgreenberg

I was looking at that earlier and I was already able to find space for it.

the 2 Mixups you might be able to find an improved alternative. How many voices total do you plan to run simultaneously?
-- nickgreenberg

Hyrlo + Ferry suggested by plragde look like great alternatives! I own a great reverb (Specular Tempus), so being able to use that with my modules is ace.

personally I would want a bit more oscillator options in a rack like this. A complex oscillator, Intellijel Shapeshifter, something along those lines
-- nickgreenberg

I had Generate 3 in my 2nd iteration, but I was thinking might be too much to handle. Instruo neóni was something I was looking at as well, but I have to do bit more research.

I'm not sure that the sound of Chainsaw fits with the kind of music you listed in your original post.
-- plragde

Yeah, it's more of a trance sound I'd guess. But the drones it can make sound lovely.

by the way, pitch CV is the only reason to have Link 2, otherwise cheaper stackables or stars suffice
-- plragde

That's the only reason I included it, but I am removing it for the 4th iteration so I can get the Quadrax expander in. Also I learned that 1v/oct inputs on Chainsaw (if I stick with it) normalise down, and for paraphony I could drive it from the Mutant Brain.

My experience was that my design changed not only several times before I bought my first module, but also as I started acquiring modules and learning about them. Think about the initial purchases and how they might best inform your future choices.
-- plragde

I expect my filled-up rack to be something completely different than I had designed, but it is nice to have some kind of a plan. I'm going to get modulation/utilities first and expand from there.