Fun? No, it's beyond that...the B1 is the first 303 clone (or in this case, 303 "reimagining") that I've heard across the 25+ years of 303 clone attempts that really behaves like the TB-303. And there has been a metric fuckton of those attempts over that timespan...with none of them nailing the REAL issues, those being the ones with the glide function and with how it deals with accents and ties. So, having watched all of that flailing from everyone from tiny boutique firms to big, huge multinationals, it's been both a shocker AND laff-riot to see Donner, with their very first synth offering, NAIL IT! No, it doesn't look like a TB-303 (actually, it makes more sense when in use!) but it sure as hell sounds like one.

Reminds me: I need to bug them about the possibility of adding a "kill" function to the VCO. At present, audio inputs get mixed along with the VCO, and if you wanted to use the B1 as a sequenced filter, that would be a problem. But since a lot of what's going on inside can be altered via firmware dumps (and Donner really wants to know what users would like to add to the firmware, when possible), it might be possible to have that function added.