I agree it is definitely a risk using f+f. However when you have 20-30 pain free transactions on a platform because the VAST majority of folks are honest and great people, it is easy to become complacent!

Reasons for a seller asking for f+f payments could include:
- no risk of dishonest buyer receiving the module then claiming it never arrived and making a paypal claim
- ability to list a module for a cheaper price (yes ~£5-10 really can make or break a sale sometimes especially when you’re trying to sell modules which aren’t that popular / hyped / glamorous)

There isn’t really an easy answer to this imho. Risks do exist for buyer AND seller. Other platforms such as reverb / ebay have some tools like integrated tracking so there is perhaps less risk. I have had WAY more success selling modules on those platforms than here, even if the price is higher to cover the ridiculously high fees. In the last 6 months I sold 20+ modules on those platforms but only 3 here despite trying. So maybe buyers overall prefer those platforms where the risk is at least mitigated.