I've jammed around a couple of sequences from my hermod.
Love so much the simple and beauty fm synth sounds from Rings, I've used one from bassline and the other one to the lead melody.
I've found so useful tain + triplatt to changing sounds in live on plonk, so there, I could play a programmed sequence from hermod, but thanks to tain+triplatt changing manually the send voltage, so I could make fills and changes from the first melody, so fun.

What's differents uses do you find around switches?

Hi Nokulture,

Oh this is a beautiful and playful jam. Must have been a lot of fun when you were busy with it :-) So many nice interesting sounds you are using here and I am impressed by the recording quality other than perhaps a bit too much on the left channel, it sounds really crystal clear, nice! How did you manage to get that crystal clearness in your recording?

I can't wait to hear more done from your hands and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Nokulture,

Oh this is a beautiful and playful jam. Must have been a lot of fun when you were busy with it :-) So many nice interesting sounds you are using here and I am impressed by the recording quality other than perhaps a bit too much on the left channel, it sounds really crystal clear, nice! How did you manage to get that crystal clearness in your recording?

I can't wait to hear more done from your hands and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thanks!
Curious you notice the clear recording, because in this one I was so lazy to make my usual workflow, where I record each individual track, then mixing and mastering in ableton.
In this case I've just record the mixed stereo track from modular on ableton, and after that I've used Ozone. So nothing special.

On other hand, I try always to keep in mind the statement "Keep it simple", even when I don't achieve at all. And I try find the way to that thinking in real live music group too. In instance, for this jam, I was thinking in a jazz trio music group: drums, bass and piano. Just thinking to keep in mind the sound structure, not to make an approach of jazz composition music (only in my dreams :) ) .
Thinking in this way allows me to get a result where everyone know that works fine in a musical/sound context, because mostly "instruments" keep in their range spectrum of frequencies. So you are sure you don't get the wrong surprises after all, because you go to the nature of each instrument. I've used the filters to control a little bit this, on drums, and on bassline in this jam.

Well, maybe it's a wrong approach, or maybe not, I don't know, just walking on this way to see where I go.

Hi Nokulture,

He, he, or it might be just my bad ears ;-)

Thanks a lot for the detailed information, it's interesting to read how you approach this. To me it sounds like a good approach. Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads