Hi,

I wanted to experiment using the "Spaceship" app on my iPad and record it into Morphagene.

Patch notes
First i used ODIO to send a SWN melody into the Spaceship granular app. Then i made a pad sound with Spaceship, using that recording, and sent it back into ODIO and recorded that signal using Morphagene.
I made two voices:
Voice 1: Morphagene -> Rainmaker
Voice 2: Tides 2 -> Planar 2 -> Belgrad -> VCA -> Tapographic delay.
A motion pattern loop was recorded using Planar 2, and the bipolar X & Y outputs was sent to Morphagene's "Gene size" and "Slide" CV inputs.
Zadar modulated Belgrad FM & v/oct, and the VCA used for voice 2.
I believe Voltage block generated a unquantized melody sent to the v/oct input of Tides. I tuned tides so it sounded intune with the recording of morphagene, played back at a faster speed. I had no idea what scale or tones i generated using Spaceship, so all tuning had to be done by ear.
A lot of resonans was used in both the rainmaker patch, Tapographic delay and Belgrad.
Master outputs sent to the inputs of Waldorf Quantum, and used it as an external effect rack. Think i added some reverb before i sent the master signal into Ableton for sampling.

Mastered in Ableton using THD distorsion, MS EQ, Compressor and limiter.

Hi Wedoh,

Oh yes, you managed it, finally someone that managed to get me hyper spaced again. Wow, what a nice track! 6 minutes is the only negative thing I can find about this great track, this should have been 30 or 60 minutes! :-)

The last time I was hyper spaced here was by Troux on the 25th of January this earth year 2021, it took me a while to come back to earth, but having been far too long on earth, I have to thank you, Wedoh, on my bare knees, finally back into hyperspace ;-) Just arrived on planet Ioptraly 7Y5 (translated by Zopple), weird planet though, but hey, that's all part of this hyper space travelling, isn't it?

Ah come on, again your track just finished, going to press for the third time the play button, let's see if it can take me a bit further than Ioptraly 7Y5... in case you don't hear from me any more for a while... well that's because Wedoh's music took me too far away from planet Earth, no more Internet connection I am afraid...

Thank you very much Wedoh, hope to see you soon in hyperspace too ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: Don't forget to bring your hand towel!

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Really nice work there :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Hi Wedoh,

Oh yes, you managed it, finally someone that managed to get me hyper spaced again. Wow, what a nice track! 6 minutes is the only negative thing I can find about this great track, this should have been 30 or 60 minutes! :-)

The last time I was hyper spaced here was by Troux on the 25th of January this earth year 2021, it took me a while to come back to earth, but having been far too long on earth, I have to thank you, Wedoh, on my bare knees, finally back into hyperspace ;-) Just arrived on planet Ioptraly 7Y5 (translated by Zopple), weird planet though, but hey, that's all part of this hyper space travelling, isn't it?

Ah come on, again your track just finished, going to press for the third time the play button, let's see if it can take me a bit further than Ioptraly 7Y5... in case you don't hear from me any more for a while... well that's because Wedoh's music took me too far away from planet Earth, no more Internet connection I am afraid...

Thank you very much Wedoh, hope to see you soon in hyperspace too ;-) Kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: Don't forget to bring your hand towel!
-- GarfieldModular

Dear Garfield,

I don't know how to express my gratitude for your awesome appreciation. It makes me very happy to read your post, and it really makes me want to continue exploring. Thank you so so much!
Also i love the Hitchers guide to the galaxy references! :-)

Spacecraft really helped creating the spacey feeling. If you like tracks that are space inspired, you might like this track too:

In that track i use Clouds with maximum reverb and the NW-1 spectrum envelope to really space out slowly.

Really nice work there :)
-- wishbonebrewery

Thank you so much! :-) Glad you like it! I appreciate your feedback.

Hi Wedoh,

Oh come on, you must be joking! This "Drifting through Space" is topping everything about space here ;-) Clicking for the 2nd time the play button. I got stuck on earthlings-date 03-07-2021 on planet Ioptraly 7Y5, that's considered still within the inner-hyper-space zone, hence the 3-alpha-digit code behind the planet. I wasn't able to leave Ioptraly 7Y5, your music was good enough to get me there but so far I never made it to go much further...

I am saying this because here in the inner-hyper-space zone Ioptraly 7Y5 is rather known (I didn't know that when I just arrived on the 3rd of July earthy year 2021) as a famous transit planet to go to the intermediate-hyper-space zone. You need something seriously strong to be able to do that, never managed to do that just yet. However now listening to your "Drifting through Space" that seems to be just that what I needed to go to the intermediate-hyper-space zone, what an experience!

I will tell you upfront (kind of spoiler), this is seriously scary, never experienced this before and I would say I am kind of intermediate experienced with hyper space travelling ;-) This intermediate-hyper-space zone where I am now... that's seriously scary. I am travelling for how long now already? Need to Zopple to see how long in earthly understandings... give me a minute...

Ah yes, what we called light years, I have travelled around 785 million light years now and... seriously never seen this, all the way through this distance/time I haven't seen a thing. Nothing, seriously nothing, this is scary! Normally you use to see a few stars or a planet if you are lucky but at least something, but here is just nothing, nothing at all and that for such a long distance/time!

Time is disappearing here too. Here on earth this message would take me hours to write, here in intermediate-hyper-space zone it's a matter of a few micro seconds or something. Yo.. d.dn t not.c. ye th.t th. Int.rn.t c.nn.ct..n is dr.pp.ng?

D.d I m.nt..ned .lre.dy th.t th.s is s.r...sly f..k.ng sc.ry? W.ll th.nk. a l.t f.r th.s gr..t .xp.r.nc. not s.r. w.en I w.l. b. b.ck. K.n. r.g.rd., G.rf..l.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

OK, Garfield...where'd you get the DMT?

H. L.g..,

DMT? Th.r. .s th.s f.nt.st.c pl.n.t th.t h.s m.ch b.tt.r st.ff th.n th.t. Tr. 2 go 2 planet DrgsAllUCn U53 ;-)

S.rry c.nn.ct..n .s dr.pp.n., g..d by. G.rf..ld.