Hello , im new in the world of modular.

This is my set up, its possible some tips.
Thanks

what sort of tips?

which of these modules do you own?

what sort of music are you making?

what other gear do you own?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I have all already with MDLR PORTABLE 12U/104HP box, I need some bases to start.
Music Techno more melodic ambient.
Have some voltas micro freak, some delay and reverb pedals. This type of gear, nothing modular.
Have already made some music with the módulos i have.

What Type of utility modules?

-- darksoul

if you are referring to my signature - effectively all of them - mixers of all sorts, vcas (especially cascading ones), switches, attenuverters etc etc - use for modulation and triggers as well as audio - doepfer almost always has a reasonably priced version of everything (but it looks like you know that already)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

-- darksoul

if you are referring to my signature - effectively all of them - mixers of all sorts, vcas (especially cascading ones), switches, attenuverters etc etc - use for modulation and triggers as well as audio - doepfer almost always has a reasonably priced version of everything (but it looks like you know that already)

-- JimHowell1970

Can you give some ideias, the first ones o should buy first?

I'm pretty new myself, but I can already say any modulation source (lfo's, envelopes) almost needs attenuverters/vcas to tune how deep the modulation will go. This is particularly true for voices that have a wide range of responses across a single knob (Noise Engineering modules almost always have wild responses to tiny knob adjustments, for example).

For attenuverters specifically, I think the Steady State Fate's Quad-Atten looks great. I have ALM Busy Circuit's ALM010 - O/A/x2 and it works like a champ for so many things (pitch before a quantizer, normal variables).

I should say I'm trying to build a portable techno system myself right now, getting a lot of great advice from others here.

One particularly transformative bit of advice: the Metropolix is a beast of a pitch sequencer. If you're trying for two voices (maybe a lead and a bass line), the Metropolix is a solid answer. I'm buying one myself.

Another transformative bit of advice: an external drum machine works really really well. You have a lot of space with this case, but my guess is you'll find space runs short incredibly quickly. An external drum machine saves a tremendous amount of space, and a tremendous amount of money as well. Plus, you know, they're fun.

Are you sure you want to have a dual purpose of melodic techno as well as ambient with this build? It seems like one of the consistent pieces of advice I run across is to focus your build on one area; build it to do one thing really really well before trying to cover more bases. Noodling around with modular is plenty of fun, but if you want your build to actually make good music in some specific genre, build for that genre in mind.

I should say I'm trying to build a portable techno system myself right now, getting a lot of great advice from others here.

One particularly transformative bit of advice: the Metropolix is a beast of a pitch sequencer. If you're trying for two voices (maybe a lead and a bass line), the Metropolix is a solid answer. I'm buying one myself.

Another transformative bit of advice: an external drum machine works really really well. You have a lot of space with this case, but my guess is you'll find space runs short incredibly quickly. An external drum machine saves a tremendous amount of space, and a tremendous amount of money as well. Plus, you know, they're fun.

Are you sure you want to have a dual purpose of melodic techno as well as ambient with this build? It seems like one of the consistent pieces of advice I run across is to focus your build on one area; build it to do one thing really really well before trying to cover more bases. Noodling around with modular is plenty of fun, but if you want your build to actually make good music in some specific genre, build for that genre in mind.
-- CardiacTasty
I have one microbrute{external Drummachine], techno and some experimental music That is my ideia].
It was very helpful some tips from the ones have murcha more knowlege.

Hello,
Since de Mutable intruments (grids) is discontinued.
What is the best alternative?
Thanks

Hi,
This one could be interesting :
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-grids-mk2-2021

Cheers

Hi,
This one could be interesting :
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/blue-lantern-modules-grids-mk2-2021

Cheers
-- klodifokan

Hi,