Just shot a video of semi-generative patch based on 1010music Bitbox Micro sampler.
Exploring the possibilities of this sampler and I should say it's amazing for complex layers.
Here Bitbox is playing previously created samples, triggered and modulated by Batumi and Zadar.
Music inspired by Lars Von Trier's Melancholia movie. More information on YT under the video.

Great patch! I’ve been on micro since the start, but I have this struggle> It offers a good lot but sometimes overtakes needing much else in a patch, or too like daw, just immersed in that screen! and less hands on….
So I’m placing it on hold till I choose to sell..

Great patch! I’ve been on micro since the start, but I have this struggle> It offers a good lot but sometimes overtakes needing much else in a patch, or too like daw, just immersed in that screen! and less hands on….
-- Floa

I have the full-sized BitBox. I find it very nice for looping in real time... especially if you're driving it with a sequencer with MIDI clock connected to the BitBox's MIDI in.

Hi Igor,

Oh wow, that's nice and so nice relaxing, so beautiful to listen at. How do you manage to make your music on one hand so nice subtle yet so intriguing? :-)

This is a great piece of work as well as this is a nice demo of the BitBox Micro, thanks a lot for that and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

-- Floa

I also use this sampler from the very beginning. I was probably among the very first buyers of the very first model, when they did not have a website yet.
Well, the bigger models MKI and II are, of course, larger and the screen is more convenient to use. But I have small fingers and therefore a small screen is convenient for me :)
Otherwise, it seems to me that this is the most intuitive and simpler sampler to use without a lot of menu diving. It also does a great job with midi and daw.
I don't even know what could be simpler and more convenient. Love it very much. I think it is just a matter of personal preference.

>

Oh wow, that's nice and so nice relaxing, so beautiful to listen at. How do you manage to make your music on one hand so nice subtle yet so intriguing? :-)
This is a great piece of work as well as this is a nice demo of the BitBox Micro, thanks a lot for that and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Thank you very much for your kind words and permanent interest! :)
I finally have my first solo album in September. Hope you will like it.

Hi Igor,

Great! Can't wait for your first solo album, please keep us updated about it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

hi, is it best this for 6 outs to send to other modules, or the bigger bitbox?

This is one of those modules that's been floating higher and higher on my potential "to get" list lately, as I'd like a dedicated sampler of some kind. I got a Squarp Rample, but while it was a very nicely made module and did what it was advertised to do, I found I just didn't really enjoy working with it much, and there are some aspects of it that seemed weirdly limiting. So I was thinking about this as a potential replacement. I'm also very interested in the Futureretro Transient, which I know is a different animal in many ways. It's mostly a matter of budget and which one I decide I'm likely to actually use more, I suppose. Anyway, always nice to see these things in action.

this user has left ModularGrid

Almost like having a mini Elektron Octatrack or Digitakt in one module for sample and loop playback!
How is it for recording modular stuff? Seems like would be a great way to record live performances and dump to a DAW like Ableton for processing into songs.

If you are talking about the Assimil8or you have 422MB of sampling memory, you could get just shy of 28 minutes of stereo recorded at CD quality, not bad, though I am still waiting for my unit (on pre-order) haven't given that a thought as I record to my Tascam Model 24 SD, I have a Standalone BitBox and can't say I am in love with it as a sampler (as a sample playback it works great, I find the recording is off when dealing with odd measures).

Hi Igor,

Great! Can't wait for your first solo album, please keep us updated about it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Hey, here it is: https://polarseasrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/still-life
Hope you will like it :)

400ma? That's 50 more than the full size Mk2? Crazy if accurate. It's a tenth of my entire power rail on TipTop Zeus. Verified on the 1010 site, and Modular Grid says Mk2 is 350ma, where 1010 says it's also 400. The Assimil8or is 250. ER-301 is 320. I suppose it's the monster touch screen.

Wow, really nice to listen to this....enjoyed it very much. I love my Bitbox Micro, have been using it with my BeatStepPro actually using the eight drum triggers with it.

JB

THREE LETTERS ..... SIMPLE REALLY,

D. A. C.

no dac

nothing special.