20210821 FIRST ENTRY

After years of trial and error within modular; spending thousands of $'s on multiple builds, synths, VSTs, selling off all my gear and slowly buying back what I missed/need for my creative process, I think I finally have an idea of what I want from a modular system and to answer the requirements of my creative needs that have fallen short within the box and from other gear.

I'll be treating this thread like an open diary, recording my thoughts, processes, and progress on this build over the foreseeable future.

As an open diary, I welcome any feedback, observations or questions around the build.

To me, modular is a playground, where games and rules are defined and broken as needed.

Thanks
- Joseph Knight aka hyperbola.xyz

Gave it a bit of a poke, mostly to fix the layout but I also was able to remove a few modules that either weren't cost-effective or necessary:
ModularGrid Rack
Most everything is still the same as far as module complement, but I was able to mash the polarizers (and add more functionality) by swapping that for a Xaoc Samara II, which also contains VCAs for your mod row. Losing the buffered mult + a bit of shuffling then let me put in the Takaab VLH, which adds a ring modulator, suboscillator, and noise source to your VCO complement. And one more crunch let me put in a pair of ADSRs courtesy of Paratek's updated version of Peaks. But besides those changes and the module shuffle (which now has audio up, modulation down except for the Stereomix, with signal flow on both now working left-to-right), it's pretty much ready to rock.

Oh, and two more VCAs got added in the audio row, right after the Rings clone, so that you can use those to control stereo amplitude coming out of the Rings and before it hits the Monsoon, with the Plancks serving to submix prior to the Stereomix, if needed.

You absolutely ROCK! I love your input and your revisions as they 1) introduced me to modules I wasn't aware of 2) you understood the applications of the modules I had previously used and the ergonomics suggested by their selection. Seriously thank you so much.