In this build, I'm working to solve an issue with creating a modulation-primary skiff that can work equally well with my Digisound 80, the B.2600, my two MS-20 minis, and a bunch of other toys. And via the Nanobridge, these can also be used with the AE system.
ModularGrid Rack
This is a build in a Case From Lake 4U 168 hp skiff. While CFL doesn't have these in stock, they're available as a modification to their angled 84/104 single 3U row cab.

The module row starts with a Plankton clock sequencer...basically, what it sounds like: a sequenced source of time pulses, with the ability to set the durations as sequenceable steps. After this is a clocking "mangler" stage: Adventure's Count for extracting individual pulses, Ladik dual pulse delay, and Ladik probabilistic pulse skipper, a pair of Frequency Central Logic Bombs with a dual-OR pulse combiner, Doveman's dual window comparator, and a Ladik Derivator and Min-Max. The Greyscale Permutation then provides random generative sequencing to bridge the gap between the "clock" section and the "CV" section.

For modulation CV signals, I then dropped in a 4ms QPLFO. This is followed by a Tenderfoot attenuverter/mixer, a Quadrax with Qx, Maths, and a Zlob Vnicvrsal VCA for six linear VCAs. Then the sole audio device, Behringer's Bode Frequency Shifter, and after that, G-Storm's translator module for Korg/Yamaha analog synths.

The tile row below then gives me a Temps Utile (with four CV expander points) and an O&c for elaborate and interlaced clocking/utilities, a dual-channel mult, a pair of Pulplogic Cyclic Skews for use as either EGs or LFOs, Plum Audio's Dazzle stereo VCA/polarizer/modulator, then a pair each of a DC-coupled Pulplogic mixer and DC-coupled VCA.

So, this is more or less a "mission-specific" build on a fairly large scale. The cab design lets me place this perfectly in front of the bases of the racks in the "modular sandbox" without blocking any controls, etc. It might not be something I eventually put together, but at the same time it's a worthwhile "test" to see if this concept works, and how.

Curious as to how you will use the o_c?

JB

Not for clocking...that's what the Temps Utile's for in that. Instead, the O&c's purpose lies in all of the OTHER stuff it can do, and there's a ton of functions it's set up to do off the shelf that intrigue me. Having a Lorenz attractor as a "random" source, for instance...or the various sequencers in there, the quantizers, and on and on. There's a definite "aim" in that build, also, as some of these modules were chosen in order to increase the stochastic capabilities if I opt to do generative work. But by and large, what's above is "incomplete", as it's designed to be a modulation source for other synths and hasn't much ability (but, natch, you could force it to, if needed) to generate sound.

Keep in mind that the Count is a bit quirky, it only has 7 outputs which means it doesn't do your standard base-8 counting. And no reset! Arrythmia is amazing and everyone should have one.

All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.