ModularGrid Rack

Current system. Got 5hp left. Any feedback on the system? I really enjoy using it, genres are a bit all over the place, but ambienty. I've got more than enough voices, and running a bit short on utilities i find. I think i got a good amount of modulation, but maybe need more stuff like 3xmia, L/Kinks? Maybe O_c or a disting, but I'll have to swap something then.
Looking to add another mantis case in the future, but not at the moment.

Any nice bang for the buck swaps or additions?

Thanks a lot!

I can't say I really enjoy using Disting, but it is almost a no-brainer to add a massive amount of functionality in a small footprint. That would probably be near the top of my list for your rack.
Have fun and good luck!

I can't say I really enjoy using Disting, but it is almost a no-brainer to add a massive amount of functionality in a small footprint. That would probably be near the top of my list for your rack.
Have fun and good luck!
-- farkas

Yep, that's my impression too. I think Pam's menu diving is OK, but i dont enjoy it. But it does seem worth the hassle with disting. Thanks!

disting is a great module - don't forget to buy an sd card though - creating a favourites list is one of the best ways of using the disting

the menu structure is actually quite shallow

most people's complaints about it are due to expectations, wanting to try everything in one go rather than using a few algorithms and getting to understand them well - other modules often do not need manuals, or not after a few sessions with them - however, as disting has 100ish algorithms, it's more like 100 modules - I would have to have all the manuals in front of me if I bought 100 modules at a time and I would be as overwhelmed as someone trying to use all 100 disting algorithms in a week - I've had one for years and 90+% of it's time has been spent as a tape delay - even now I have a magneto, it still gets used as a tape delay 50% of the time

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Replace the A-118 with an A-118-2. That will save you 4HP, leaving you with 9 HP.

Use that 8HP to put a Disting EX (8HP) in the case and call it good. The EX is a lot more powerful than the MK4 and has an easier to use interface.

+1 on Ronin's solution here...plus, that extra 1 hp is perfect for a PWRchekr so you can keep an eye on your DC rails' health.