this user has left ModularGrid

Hi folks,

I am building a travel case that has a sequencer and drum voice and need tips on what would be the essential 1u and other small support modules. Here is a sketch:

ModularGrid Rack

I plan to use it with my Endorphin.es Shuttle System that should arrive next week as well as my other modular travel cases from Make Noise Shuttle System and ALM Busy Circuits Super Coupe.

ModularGrid Rack

Open to ideas and suggestions.

How's this?
ModularGrid Rack
I dropped the second 1U mixer in deference to adding a stereo FX device from endorphin.es. Once this was changed, this left new room in the tiles for a Mutable Ripples clone (with quad CV in expander), a Duatt for either extra mixing or attenuverters, a MIDI interface in case you want to run this via an external clock or another sequencer, and the proper Intellijel Stereo Out so that the Palette's 1/4" jacks can be used here. Yes, I know it's mainly a sequencing rig...but one last curveball here just for that: a Ladik dual gate/trig delay so that you can slip a little "slop" into a couple of the drum trigger paths...controllable manually or via the Apex. This'll make things humanize a little, or you can "slip" one or two drums for a hint of syncopation.

With the Shuttle System, this thing'll seriously walk that walk!

Many thanks Lugia for the awesome tips. What are your thoughts on the Afteraudio 1u piques module and upcoming Endorphin.es 1u modules? Right now the above case is work in progress and I have the sequencer and drum module on the way with the Palette case. I also have a spare Doepfer 6u case for overflow modules as needed. I’m building a powerhouse mobile rig with Endorphin.es to complement my Make Noise Shared System and ALM Super Coupe.

The endorphin.es tiles DO look interesting. Most of the time when you're filling out a tile row, it's just utility stuff. Not in their case, though...you get real functionality on par with some 3Us. They're also a good bit more economical than much of endorphin.es's stuff...in truth, they're kind of a bargain, all things considered. That pairing I put in is a pile of awesome for $400...stereo comp/limiter, stereo FX...ain't no joke!

Indeed I have some on preorder as they are great value and will improve my palette sequencer case. I’m into techno, west coast and ambient music an area that Endorphin.es excels in since they are focused on modular dance music. Julia Bondar at Endorphin.es has great videos performing with their gear so they eat their own dogfood. After this case, I’m done buying for a while. With two large cases of Eurorack and my three portable modular systems, I have plenty to keep me busy cutting new tracks of music.

So here is my update. Removed the Ladik dual delay since none in stock for sale now and have the 1u Endorphin.es Milky Way and Goldenmaster 1u EQ/compression for FX and also effects on my other portable units to use and my Bluebox mixer.

ModularGrid Rack

I did order the Apex 1u module directly from Plum Audio as no stores had it in stock. Should be fun times. But stupid me you don't need the 1u stereo out module as Palette case can connect directly to jacks on the case itself!

Palette Case
If you own an Intellijel Palette case, you can connect the Stereo
Line Out 1U module directly to a built-in pair of ¼” jacks, rather
than purchasing a Stereo Out Jacks 1U.

https://intellijel.com/downloads/manuals/stereo-line-out-1u_manual_2021.08.16.pdf

But no worries as I can always use this 1u stereo out module on my 14u MDLR case that has 1u tile row as well :-)

Now I did also add a filter and small voice module to complement the Queen of Pentacles and so it can be either stand alone portable jam box or support my Endorphin.es Shuttle System and other modular systems. Added a WMD attenuator and Befaco STMix as well as a 1u dual VCA module. So I think that for now I have the key bases covered.

But no worries as I can always use this 1u stereo out module on my 14u MDLR case that has 1u tile row as well :-)

-- sacguy71

But is it Intellijel-format on that tile row, or Pulplogic's original standard? If it's the latter, that Intellijel Out won't fit. Best to leave it in the Palette, as it's the "control" over the levels being sent to an output 1/4" pair.

It’s an Intellijel 1u format

The Eurorack 1U landscape is developing at the moment. Convenient for travel. I'm starting to think about a standalone setup only based on this format.

Endorphin.es is coming. Mosaic, and Intellijel of course, have a great offer. Etc. And Xodes (XO) has created a series of format changers. They allow using 1U modules in a 3U case by creating 1U rows. Perfect for combining with some Picos or 2hps, for example.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Yep! Those XODES tile carriers are a great idea done really well. You can even get them with BOTH tile formats in one carrier! And since tiles are now appearing with deeper functionality, these should hopefully see some action.

Indeed the XODES is an exciting development that will greatly enhance eurorack setups. I should get my new gear this week and designed the new Palette case to be stand alone as well as support other modular. I did add a triple Sloths module for future consideration to create slowly evolving random generation as well as the new Acid Rain Chainsaw polyphonic supersaw voice module to play with the drums for creating house and trance beats and a Doepfer Wasp filter. That way it can supplement the Furthrrr Generator in the Shuttle System or be a self contained beat making box much like what I have in my ALM Busy Circuits Super Coupe system that is a great system as well.

My big take on them is that, now that we've got proper basic modules turning up as tiles, you could cram multiple VCOs into a space meant for one...or you can pile up a few of Pulplogic's Cyclic Skews, even cascade those via the EOR patchpoint. $200-ish for a triple LFO/EG/slew limiter? Yes, please!

Definitely the 1u modules get far more powerful at an affordable price point. Love that since I can make a powerful mobile setup. BTW Lugia, I did order the Ladik dual delay trigger module today you advised and I had to buy directly order from Ladik in Europe they are in the Czech Republic I believe since NOT ONE single USA shop sells these modules, why?

Because Ladik has a pretty small operation, for one. Plus, by direct sales, Ladik doesn't need to do any markup for distribution and the like, so the module prices come out as low as they do by avoiding that. Given the choice between a direct order and going through the erratic shipping channels right now, I'd take the former.

And yeah, shipping is SCREWED at present, and it ain't about those ships off LA. I ordered some 25' snakes and Sweetwater said they'd be here today. Are they? No. Currently, they're stuck at FedEx's Indy facility, and have been since Saturday. And this has happened before this year with Sweetwater shipments.

Gotcha well I’m good on buying direct. I did that last year with Mordax Data as they were the only place that had that particular module in stock. Same with Noise Engineering for an LIP and 2hp for their catnip modules. Those sold out quickly too. Sorry to hear about your shipping nightmare Lugia.

The Eurorack 1U landscape is developing at the moment. Convenient for travel. I'm starting to think about a standalone setup only based on this format.

Endorphin.es is coming. Mosaic, and Intellijel of course, have a great offer. Etc. And Xodes (XO) has created a series of format changers. They allow using 1U modules in a 3U case by creating 1U rows. Perfect for combining with some Picos or 2hps, for example.

-- Sweelinck

Where can these tile carriers be bought?

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

-- Sweelinck

-- Broken-Form

That is one of the great mysteries of life, no one really knows… It is rumored to have appeared only once, around the time Jesus turned water into wine.
Or……..
Or you can find that out for yourself by heading to the manufacturer’s page, and order from there or from the dealers listed in their “dealers” section. It may sound hard but if you believe in yourself, I’m sure you can figure it out. I have faith.

/s

--- Voltage control all the things ---

-- Broken-Form

Most should be available from the webshop (some sizes just went out of stock I guess...) :

http://www.xodes.net/product/fc313-eurorack-triple-row-intellijel-1u-3u-format-changer

http://www.xodes.net/product/fc313-eurorack-triple-row-intellijel-1u-3u-format-changer-wide

If you're in Europe, 3U-shop has all the sizes possibly available with M3 rails. It may be a good occasion to also get some NLC kits :

https://www.3u-shop.de/c/marken/xodes

Schneidersladen only has 10/14/20/24HP with M3 rails.

In the UK, Elevator Sound has 6/10/12/14HP with M3 rails, while Signal Sounds have 10/14HP only in both M2.5 and M3... And Thonk should soon have all sizes with both M2.5 and M3 rails!

In the USA, Mission Synths has 6/10/12/14HP and Perfect Circuit has the full line, both with M3 rails only.

All of the links are indeed on the "dealers" page :

https://www.xodes.net/dealers

A 28HP version may be available by the end of the year, and prices for the full line should be slightly adjusted by 2022.

As of now, these only work with modules in Intellijel format. Prototypes have been assembled already for a hybrid Pulp Logic / Intellijel version, and there are cases in which it's rather difficult to use, so these haven't been released yet.

I've heard not so great things about the Endorphin.es 1u compressor. I would suggest going with their 1u mixer as it has built in sidechaining. You can get your drums all mixed together and sent to whatever other system you want.

I tested the 1u Endorphin.es compressor and it is good so far and love the mutes. I wanted the 1u cockpit mixer but it is not available yet anyplace. Maybe later on. I did add a Ladik dual delay and micro O&C to the build once they arrive:

ModularGrid Rack

I have a Cockpit 2 mixer in my Endorphin.es Shuttle System that will be used in the future with this palette travel case. With Furthrrrr Generator and Acid Lab Chainsaw that gives me two voices plus the seven drum voices on the Queen of Pentacles.