So I starded off with modular synthesis just about two months ago when I bought a dfam and had no clue that eurorack even exists. Once I found out I was instantly hooked.

I had no particular musical style goals in mind and boldly ignored most of the beginner advice out there while I built my first case and aquired all these modules. This is why my rack probably doesn't make much sence in it's current state.
Still, so far I'm having lots of fun just exploring and experimenting with whats there and about half of the time I'm quite pleased with what I can get out of this strange setup.

But now I do want to become more concrete with what I'm doing here so I thought this might be a good time to ask for some advice.
The general direction I want to head at is dub. lee perry, kemistry & storm, experimental drum synthesis with ambient capabilities and heavy effects are a few keywords.
I'm also using a keystep, sq-1 sequencer, e-guitar a regular mic and a contact mic for various acoustic signals / instruments.

ModularGrid Rack

the dfam can move back into its case for more space, the turning machine has only working pulse and noise outputs (botched my first diy build) so I might throw it out and the joystick is also kind of obsolete at the moment.

I probably need more drum modules, oscillators, filters, effects, some adsr and s&h.
I'd also like to get a starlab or magneto but I am not quite sure wich suits my needs better.
Odessa also seems quite interesting to me.

Whats your take on this and what modules would you suggest me to look at next?

(sorry for the long read)

don't throw out your turing machine - build some more simple(r) modules - mults, attenuators etc and learn how to use a multimeter to troubleshoot - also might be worth posting high res photos of your boards on a DIY forum/subforum (modwiggler music tech DIY subforum or r/SynthDIY, for instance) someone might see what the problems are - you've probably screwed up some solder joints, or not soldered them, or have bridges somewhere, or put something in the wrong way round (all easy things to do, if you aren't experienced or not concentrating enough...

all the things you say you want are achievable - but possibly not in a 'small' case such as this (it's not that small, but it's not that big either), mainly as you will need support modules to enable you to achieve what you want - see my signature for a hint as how to build a versatile rack for the least cash

magneto is great (and by all accounts so is starlab) but they are very large and expensive - personally I think both the hp and money are better spent in a case this size - a couple of fx aid xls will give you more versatility for less cash and less space - spend saved money and hp on modulation/utilities

I would seriously consider going external for drums (if you can) ie a drum machine - they're significantly less expensive!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

+1 on the drum machine. Given the expense and impracticality of drum modules + sequencer(s), you can get more done with something OUTboard that's capable of reading the modular's clock. Also, no DFAM in the main cab. It's burning up all the space you need for those "helpers".

Gonna wail on this...back in a bit...
ModularGrid Rack
OK...some of the earlier modules are gone, mainly due to there being better module choices. The tile row is actually a big help here.

TOP: This is what you want for an input. The Doepfer A-119 is pretty much the standard, and it not only has adjustable input gain, it gives you a gate out when audio is present above a set threshold, and it's got an envelope follower that lets you use the actual level contours from the inputted device. I then coupled a B.2600 VCO with a Dannysound variation on the Buchla 259's waveshaper, and followed this with the Odessa, like you'd mentioned. Veils provides the VCAs here, since you'll want that exponential VCA response for audio. Serge filter is next (good choice!), then Beads gives you granular methods for sound manipulation, and the Stasis Leak gives you mono-to-stereo chorus, reverb, and a tap delay. Lastly, the Cosmix gives you a stereo mixer with four mono inputs, two stereo, and an AUX send. Since the AUX bus here is mono, using this with the Stasis Leak is a good match.

TILES: I tossed the input/output module because it didn't have the capabilities of the A-119 and because the stereo mixer allows you to fly in your effects against the main output signal. The Cosmix has those as well, but the Stereo Mixer lets you separate your effects from the main signal for better mix control. First up, there's a send/return I/O for a stompbox to join in the mayhem. Next, I opted for a Temps Utile for your main clock/sequence generator. After that is an Intellijel QuadrATT for mixing, attenuverting, and the like. I put in a Stereo VCA so that you can have VCA control over whichever levels to the Stereo Mixer you prefer.

BOTTOM: Starts with a Ladik sequential transposer so that you can transpose sequences from the T_u or the Turing Machine by specific steps. The Turing Machine is next, with the addition of the Voltages and Gates expanders. Following this is an SSF Tool Box, which is a killer multi-utility module with a lot of functions that'll play nice in here. Batumi (with Poti) is after that, then the Maths. But after the Maths, I added a modulation manipulation section with a Tiptop MISO and a dual Veils VCA clone from After Later. Main EG is the Quadrax, which also has the Qx expander for some complex multi-envelope madness. I left the O'Tool in, but moved it to this row. And the little white sliver at the end is one of Konstant Labs' PWRchekr, which lets you have visual feedback on your DC rail health.

I don't think you'll miss the stuff that was removed. This build not only fills the rack out, it takes things to a higher functional level than previously.

this user has left ModularGrid

Drum machine way cheaper than modular drums but if you want modular drums the key is really a good sequencer like the Winter Modular Eloquencer that is great for sequencing drums. You could get Queen of Pentacles or Quad Drum and have all drums in one module and use a sequencer for that part.

Drum machine way cheaper than modular drums but if you want modular drums the key is really a good sequencer like the Winter Modular Eloquencer that is great for sequencing drums. You could get Queen of Pentacles or Quad Drum and have all drums in one module and use a sequencer for that part.
-- sacguy71

Another killer electronic percussion module (pair): Delptronic's LDB-2 pair. The "voices" are in one 6 hp module, and the "controls" in another 6 hp module that interfaces with the first. And it's not like these sounds haven't been "road tested"; some of them derive from super-desirable machines such as the Roland CR-78, TR-606, or the Boss DR-110. CLASSIC electro sounds! These, plus a suitable sequencer (Tubbutec's 6quencer, which is based on the 606's) and you're in at around $500-ish...which is actually not too far removed from the prices on Roland's "boutique" stuff. THAT, I would endorse. Plus, with it AND a drum machine, you can lock the machine to your clock for the "straightforward" drums, then add some LDB-2 sounds as accents or as a voice of its own (such as the hihats...that "chippy" trap hat sound relies on the TR-606's sound).

this user has left ModularGrid

Just for fun here is what I came up with for a small percussion focused setup with Tesseract Tukra as sequencer/percussion voice and support utilities:

ModularGrid Rack

Cost: About 3k including case/power/modules if buy on sale from retailer with 10% discount and free shipping.

In comparison, the Elektron Rytm MK2 and Jomox Alphabase cost about half that price.

Thank you all for your expertize, it is much apprechiated and very helpful indeed !