Hello!

New to Modular Grid and new to modular world. My first eurorack modules are on the case and I'd like to connect them with my MPC1K as I'd like to use it as a sequencer, I definitely need a midi to CV converter. As my eurorack is small enough I don't like to waste space and buy a module so I prefer to go with an outboard converter like the Kenton Pro Solo. But there are three versions and I'm totally confused, do I need the latest mk3 version or the first one (black) is more than enough? I just need a midi to CV converter, I'm not planning to connect the Pro Solo with other synths or drum machines etc and not with any other midi controller, only the MPC1K with the eurorack

I can find pretty cheap the first black version mk1 and I'm wondering if it does worth it to spend more for the mk2 or the latest one mk3 version. Do I need all these extra features they offer? Does anyone have any experience with these converters? Please let me know if I'm missing something

Also, there are some affordable converters from Doepfer like the MCV4. Are there any major differences?

Actually, if you can scrounge up just 8 hp, you couldn't do much better than dropping an Expert Sleepers FH-2 in there. And that not only gives note#/noteon/noteoff, but can also handle keyboard controllers that have...yep...poly aftertouch. And it's got a few other tricks up its sleeve, such as clock-synced LFOs, arpeggiators, VCO autotuning, and Euclidean pattern gens. To me, it makes more sense to have something like that in the cab rather than relying on outboard devices.

Very nice converter, Lugia! But veeery expensive too. I can find the Pro Solo mk1 used less than 100eu

I'm not a keyboard player, I don't think I'll add a keyboard in my rig soon, just the MPC1000 for sequences and arpeggios

Anyone else with an advice? Does anyone use a Kenton Pro Solo with his/her modular?

How many channels do you need? The MPC1K features a multi-track sequencer. If you just plan to do monophonic sequences then the Kenton Pro Solo may be fine, but if you want to get the most out of the MPC1K then that's probably not the right choice. FH-2 is great, but if you're looking for something less expensive, Avon Synth makes a 4-channel converter that is simple and gives you velocity outputs in addition to pitch and gate. It's a 10 hp module though.