Dear all,

I am going to buy my first modules. I mostly want to use this as an FX Rack and process audio through clouds, animated by Tides and Peaks. I thought about buying Elements to provide a rack internal sound source. Is something missing?

I would appreciate your help on this.

Best
KZA

First thought would be how are you getting your audio into the rack? I may be missing something though.. if not maybe pass up Elements and get a good input module first. Then fill out the rest of the hp. I'm not too familiar with Elements so with that in mind maybe less hp for the internal sound source? Go with something like Braids, or Tides with Sheep installed, and a good filter. You already have some good EG but another one (if you didn't go with a 2nd Tides) and a VCA would be nice.. then you would have an internal sound source and additional modulation sources.

Thank you for the suggestions etantloh! Clouds has an audio input. That's how I thought doing it. But maybe you're right and I should pass Elements for starting.

You're welcome! It's probably best not to go directly into Clouds from whatever external audio source you're using, assuming it's line level. Modular level is significantly higher than line level, so you'll need something to boost your signals on the way in and to attenuate them on the way out (though you could output through an external mixer with the gain/level turned down to avoid clipping).

Thanks a lot. Anything you recommend?
So I would pass on Elements and try to build around Clouds with Peaks and Tides and 2 Shades.

There are many options. Pittsburgh Modular's In/Out would work but I'm assuming you're wanting stereo. Intellijel's Audio Interface II would probably be exactly what you need. You should still have some room for an internal sound source.

I think I won't need space for an internal sound source.
I mainly thought about a fx processing skiff.
But I thought of MI Elements in the future.

Then you're probably set with an interface, and have room for more FX!