Hi All,

I just got the Mordax Data today and added it to my current 104hp rack with a Tiptop uZeus. When I powered it on I noticed the -12v LED was no longer lit on the uZeus. Looking at the total Power Consumption I figured I was ok as the totals are less than the specs on the uZeus (2000mA at +12V, 500mA at -12V, 170mA at +5V). Note that I have a regular $25 Tiptop wall wart.

So I unplugged the Mordax and the -12v LED went back on so my assumption is that I'm overloading the power supply. I then experimented a bit by removing different modules and I was able to get the set up to work as long as I removed the B-140 envelope module.

Are there any users who have more experience with power usage that can explain why the uZeus is unable to power the set up I have shown?

thanks for your help

I think I may have found the answer to my question. I just noticed that the $25 adapter is only 1000mA and the total of my rack as per MG is 1040mA.

I'm planning on upgrading to a Mantis case next month so hopefully that case will have more power for each of the 104hp rows than my current setup.

A uZeus Boost brick will give the full 2000 mA available on the +12V rail. Looks like Escape From Noise has one in stock: https://escapefromnoise.com/modular/tiptop-audio-3000ma-uzeus-boost-mantis-universal-adapter/.

@adaris Thanks, I think I'll go without the extra power for now since I'm planning to get the Mantis next month. Building my first rack has been a real learning experience.