Building a small rack to compliment my M32 and DFAM. Also hoping it would be functional as a stand-alone unit. So far I already have Clouds and Dixie. I like recording at home with Ableton so I am thinking I might need a mixer and midi to cv utilities. I thought the varigate 4+ would add color and polyrhythms to Moog sequencers. And I just flat out like the sounds you can dig out with the Basimilus. Trying to get a lot out of this limited space. Does any of this make sense? Open to suggestions

Given that it's usually a PITA to cram a full-on synth into a tiny cab, and also since you've got two "noisemakers" already, you might consider doing the more sensible task of making this into something designed as a "helper" for the two Moogs. Otherwise, no, it doesn't make sense. So... [wait for it]
ModularGrid Rack
OK...no audio sources, first off. This is all about playing around with modulation (to a degree that neither Moog is designed for) and some sequencer timing tricks to beef up the DFAM. You'll note right off that I used a different case here, an Intellijel Palette 62. Most times, tile rows are just basic utilities; in this case, there's a Steppy there, along with a MIDI interface which uses the case's USB MIDI. It's also got a DuATT for extra mixing/inversion/offsets and a ring modulator for either audio or modulation alterations.

The row here starts with a Doepfer A-118-2 for noise, random voltages and sample and hold. Then there's an Ornament and Crime multimodule for various modulation tasks along with a bunch of other stuff. Another Doepfer module next, a quad "free-run" LFO.

Now, you'd expect to find a Maths here. But in 62 hp, that'd have about 1/3rd of the 3U row taken up with one module. Instead, I dropped in Toppobrillo's (relatively) new redux of their Sport Modulator, which is sort of like a little more than half of a Maths. Now, that would imply that this won't be as capable as Maths...but that would be true only if you didn't have the next modules. Instead, you'll find an Antumbra dual VCA (based on the Veils VCA) and a Frap 321, and those two together can do A LOT to generate even more modulation signals from the sources in the cab. Then, Paratek's dual Peaks clone gives you two envelope generators, and a Disting mkiv sits between the clocking and modulation because...well, try it on both!

The ANA gives you comparator functions, along with some logic and arithmetical operations on CVs. Then the NE Fractio Solum is a CVable clock divide/multiplier, positioned conveniently so that it can take the clock off of the MIDI interface. And last but not least, a sequential switch which will allow you to use the DFAM's sequencer in a 1 x 16 configuration.

This sort of thing is what these little cases excel at. In this case, the "mission" that the build is "specific" to involves bridging the two Moogs with some additional trickery, as well as massively upping the modulation capabilities...among other things! For example, just look at what the O_&c and Disting are capable of, and it'll be very clear as to why they're there. In short, it "integrates" the Moogs, letting them do MUCH more together with this build than if you either had the Moogs alone, or if you'd tried to build a synth voice with a little cab.