Just got the TD3-MO and want to incorporate it in my eurrack modular set up.
Is it safe to use the 3 5mm headphones socket of the TD3-MO to go straight into a vca ?.

Thanks for any help.
Paul

I don't own a TD3 but route external hardware instruments like Nord Drum, OP-1 directly into VCAs in my rack on a regular basis - no problems detected.

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

Just got the TD3-MO and want to incorporate it in my eurrack modular set up.
Is it safe to use the 3 5mm headphones socket of the TD3-MO to go straight into a vca ?.

-- Slammer22

In theory, yes. But you'll need to sum that stereo headphone signal down to mono, and if the level's too low, then it won't work without some sort of preamp module like a Doepfer A-119.

But if you want a better trick to do with the headphone jack, try a feedback line from there to the VCF in on the B-0-3. You will need to run that through an attenuator to keep things from going into runaway, but that OLD trick (as in REALLY old...the first synth that had people doing this was the Minimoog) really beefs up the nastiness and adds various weird resonances. Better still, put something like a delay line stompbox in the feedback loop and add THAT to the VCF path. Or a flanger, or phaser, or or or...

Thanks

I don't own a TD3 but route external hardware instruments like Nord Drum, OP-1 directly into VCAs in my rack on a regular basis - no problems detected.
-- aphew_goodman

Thanks