Hallo,
I'm in the market for an IO Instrument Sponde, I would like to hear some user's experience before buying it.
I will mainly use it as attenuators for my Expert Sleeper ES-9 inputs in Standalone mixer mode.
I can buy the ES tiny expander and control the volumes in Ableton from a controller, but I prefer having direct control via fader/attenuator in the rack and avoid midi control over volume.
The Sponde seems a good module for the job, the panel and color scheme are not my cup of tea but as long as it is functional I can live with it, and the price /function ratio is good.
I've noticed that the 8 direct output jacks on the module don't have hexagonal nuts (behringer style) and I'm a bit worried about jacks getting wiggling and worn over time.
How's the build quality? Are the slider solid or wobbly? any noise, bleeding?
Some Sponde users can confirm that it's possible to patch the 8 post-fader individual out and have the slider 5-6 on channel 1 and 2 controlling the volume on the relative main channel? From what I've understood reading the manual the signals from 1 to 4 disappear from the main channel (purple) if a jack is patched in the direct outs. Same for the other channel (green), right?

I use two of them and they work well

thank you gompa108, good to know!