I want to be able to use my eurorack modules with my DAW in interesting ways, so I picked up Befaco's CV Thing, a CV to MIDI converter.
Pretty straightforward build, a couple of tricky spots but not bad.
A good module, if you want to work with your DAW get this.

Build

What kind of midi data do you use it for? IME complex midi data can get glitchy, I’m curious to hear how it handles the weird voltages a modular system can spit out :)

What kind of midi data do you use it for?
-- LYFoulidis

Mainly note on-note off (ignoring the pitch value) and CC messages. They can be pretty non-messy in terms of voltage to digital. And if a CC message gets garbled that can often be pretty neat.
So sequencers, LFOs and logic modules are what I translate into MIDI. And also round-tripping those, using a arpeggiator in Logic outputting to, say the Missed Opportunities eurorack module and getting the note on's back from that to a MIDI track.

NEVER actual note values, since you're very correct, that translation can be inaccurate easily with the pitch CV to MIID note value, not worth chasing it to accuracy.
But ramps, patterns, and logic work well because you can take a bit of randomness, that will just enhance things.

I've written a lot of MIDI software over the decades so already have some MIDI pre-filtering virtual devices installed on my DAW so getting rid of bad data, or unmatched on/off pairs, is something I've done a lot.

One of those places where you embrace randomness and glitches to create interesting music

Oh nice, that sounds like a lot of fun! You could even use midi fx upon loopback if you’d like to make things more complicated ^^
Thanks for the inspiration!