I am finally ready to take the next steps into the modular world. I have an East Beast and a West Pest that I absolutely love, and I'm planning out my build now. I've 3D printed myself an expandable case and am looking towards the uZeus for power.

I'd like to grab myself two modules in particular and I'd like to solicit some recommendations. Given that I'm only entering the world of modular, I'm not looking to go crazy with state of the art stuff, but I'm also not opposed to spending a bit more for something worth the quality.

• First, I'd like a mixer simply to cut down on the amount of output cables I have to feed into my speakers. I think 4 channels in would be best so I could expand in the future, but more is probably better here?

• Second, I'd like some kind of delay/reverb. Probably something simple for now.

• Third, I'm planning to grab a Music Thing Modular Graphic EQ DIY kit. I have no specific interest in the EQ itself, but I saw it recommended as a very simple starter DIY kit and I'm still a soldering novice. Willing to take recommendations here as well (something more easily available in the US would be nice).

TL;DR: Going to put my East Beast and a West Pest into a Eurorack case, would like mixer and delay/reverb module recommendations. Also planning to grab one simple DIY kit to give that a try. All powered by uZeus.

Thanks!

A note of caution, the uZeus is designed to be mounted on metal rails, and while it is possible to mount them on 3d printed plastic, it's not ideal, and if you ask TipTop I'm pretty sure they will recommend against it. However, I've got a couple mounted on 3d printed plastic (albeit not in an actual case) and what I've done is put these heat sinks on them to dissipate any excess heat:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVTHZ6W/
https://smile.amazon.com/25Mx20mmx0-25mm-Performance-Thermally-conduction-insulation/dp/B075FRPXQ5/

Actually since the heat sinks and tape are cheap, I've gone ahead and put one on all my uZeus modules, regardless of where they're mounted. It's super easy.

A note of caution, the uZeus is designed to be mounted on metal rails, and while it is possible to mount them on 3d printed plastic, it's not ideal, and if you ask TipTop I'm pretty sure they will recommend against it. However, I've got a couple mounted on 3d printed plastic (albeit not in an actual case) and what I've done is put these heat sinks on them to dissipate any excess heat:

I noticed that a bit ago, so I swapped to 4MS Row 25 because it was what the person who modeled my case was using, and they added a little breakout slot to fit it on the top instead of in the main rack.

Delay/reverb recommendation: status leak by frequency central.. nice easy kit

Delay/reverb recommendation: FX Aid XL or Pro by Happy Nerding
Mix recommendation: Cosmix by Cosmotronic

JB

While I still don't get my head around Clouds, the Miverb, included in the alternative Parasite-firmware, is in my opinion a fantastic reverb. Emilie discontinued Clouds, but there are clones around by After Later Audio or Tunefish Modular.

As for mixers, the Doepfer-line offers fantastic value for your money. If you like to DIY, you might want to look at the Befaco STMix as a kit. Not the easiest build for a novice, though, the layout is quite dense.