The small knobs are a bit difficult to reach, but you can't minimize HP and have large controls. The button / knob combos must be memorized and probably could not be used in a dark venue. Otherwise this is a very interesting module to use. I think the compromises they made were well considered. This thing would be twice the HP if was say an In5tro designed module ;-)

Anxiously awaiting my SIG+ to arrive in the mail any day now...

JB

The small knobs are a bit difficult to reach, but you can't minimize HP and have large controls. The button / knob combos must be memorized and probably could not be used in a dark venue. Otherwise this is a very interesting module to use. I think the compromises they made were well considered. This thing would be twice the HP if was say an In5tro designed module ;-)
-- mntbighker

Thanks for the very considered assessment. Yes, the functionality-footprint tradeoff is something we thought about very carefully, and obviously every player will have their own preference on that continuum. The line we took was that, with all we wanted it to do, yes, footprint would far exceed what was reasonable or practical were it to be 1-button-1-function. We therefore designed it so that the most important musical elements (pitch, duration and octave) are directly accessible on the top layer and the more detailed ones are only ever a single button-hold away, clearly marked on the panel. Finally, it is first and foremost an instrument so a modest amount of muscle-familiarity with it to get everything out of it is, I think, a reasonable solution. There's a lot of comment on how quickly this comes in the user testimonials here...

https://www.stochasticinstruments.com/feedback

...and also a nice demo here (fwd to 24min 45sec). Thanks for engaging :-)

Stochastic Instruments Ltd.
Rethink Random//Perform Process//Create Chaos

Save the World Entire: Vegan
End the holocaust. Change our world with science.