Clearly, I've lost my frickin' mind...

No, actually, it does make sense. This is based on the 21U ADDAC System Monster cab with the addition of the 2U rack-top. The top row of 1U tiles mounts into the bottom of the two RU there, and up top are a pair of these: http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/101939-Middle-Atlantic-Products-LT-1R . Power link to the top is via the DIN jacks, of which the ES one is just a placeholder; the actual article will be a single 5-pin DIN on a 4hp panel, which will connect from the +/-12v/gnd rails in the main cab w/ some 18ga, pass that over an 18ga x 3 cable to the upper DIN, and from there it flows back to a smallish busboard in the top section. I explored using just a tile-tail to pass that to a Pulplogic interconnect, but got hinky about running the total load thru the 26ga conductors on those. The whole back section is easy to close off on that rack addition, too, and since the rack lighting bars are also DC...mmmmmmaybe those can be tapped off of the DC bus, since total load at this point is nowhere near the rating of the ADDAC supplies (10A per 12v rail).

Also, down at the bottom, yes, that looks odd. Don't count those as part of the ADDAC; they're really to show the placement of three of Synisi's 3U x 24hp tile-row cabs. Left is 'timing', middle is 'control' and the right is 'effects', all of which are really sort of auxiliaries to the in-cab functionality and/or my typical controller of choice (Arturia Keystep). Having three I/O tiles on the right side allows a lot of things to be easily inserted from outside the rack's architecture besides effects; these could also be used for channeling signals out to external filters (yep, got some of those), could be an I/O loop for another to utilize the onboard s, or whatever. Flexible.

Uhhhh...why? Makes it more versatile. I like to do music that has a lot of internal complexity which changes slowly, process-wise, over the duration of a work. By having a monstrosity like this, I can set up quite a few different processes in the same , and using the various VCAs in the mix section at the bottom-right, achieve that gradual shift across time behavior I dig. Note that there's four Intellijel quad VCAs next to the Qu-bit Mixology; the idea is that each Quad VCA feeds a channel on the Qu-bit, with that handling final dynamics, main effect bussing, and panning...but that doesn't mean four processes. Rather, I can run, technically, 16 (4 x 4) and the various mixed permutations of those (16!...do the math to get that hideous number). And this all fits into a space (not counting the Synisi minicabs) roughly 41" square and a hair over 18" deep. And ADDAC even thoughfully provided some cut-in handles on this sucker, so...portable-ish. Kinda. Sorta. Wellll...OK, only maybe a little. EVEN SO...!

Freakin' expensive thing, tho...however, might be doable at some point in the coming year. Maybe.

One change since original post: I swapped out one of the Sputnik quad LPGs for two Metasonix modules that have two channels of LPG themselves, plus a 2hp 4->1 mixer to handle the mixing capacity that the Metasonixes lack. Better...two flavors of LPG now, with one being more orthodox and the other being...well, the product of Eric's fevered brain. Seriously, tho...since I have a lot of tube devices here already in the studio, and since the ADDAC p/s can easily handle the upping of the current draw, why the hell not? That point in the signal chain, also, is the exact place I'd want such a device, with all of the characteristic nonlinearities, hysteresis effects, and other mojo coloring the sound.