Hi!

I'm about to plunge in the unknown depths of modular synthesis and trying to convert my sonic interests and available funds into a my first modular sound lab:)
If have experience with programming regular keyboard/rack synths and own quite a few of them, and also have some experience with building simple DIY projects like a simple 8 step sequencer, an APC and and other (simple) sound generators with standard components and IC's. Maybe I would like to (re)build some simple modules myself to be added to my future modular setup.

What I'm looking for is a setup geared not exclusively to analog/subtractive means of making interesting sounds. I'm particularly interested in granular/sample mangling and physical modelling synthesis. I already own an Elektron Analog Four which I want to use as the main sequencer for my modular setup.
My available budget is max. 3000 euro but I wouldn't mind spending a bit less to start off with and have some money to spend on further acquisitions based on my first months of experience.

ModularGrid Rack

All this I'm planning to place in a Dreadbox case 168 (https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/case168/) to use its mixer, lfo and attenuator functions. I can also use its midi to cv function to have extra sequencing options by using midi data coming from my Electron Octratrack.
The Roland System 1M seems like a good and affordable toolbox with it's envelopes, LFO's, basic effects and oscillators.
I could imagine that after some time of experimenting and experience I will remove the System 1M again and free up the space for more elaborate modules (but also more expensive ones I don't want to spend my budget on yet).

My current choices are mainly based on watching and reading tutorials but probably I overlooked some shortcomings or better options so that's why I would appreciate any good tips or ideas! Thanks!

Oh, hell yes! If this is going in that Dreadbox cab, really all that's left some way to get back down to line-level out of the Dreadbox's Mixer A, and there should be a 2hp solution for that. Or just use the System-1's outs. This is quite open-ended.

Normal synth, row 2, abnormal synth, row 1, and all the right bits. Nice...