Would be nice to see any clones of the DFAM here. Any grids here, anyone...?

Thing is, it's kind of a simple device. I've got it specced for a setup that I may well go with in a few months, but my reasons for it have less to do with its percussion aspect and more due to the fact it provides a nice 8x2 sequencer and some extra things that I can patch into something more complex. It'd be easy enough, though...couple of VCOs, noise, mixer, lowpass VCF, couple of ADs with fixed attack and the sequencer. Hexinverter had the optimum 8x2 step sequencer for it a minute ago with the Orbitals, but it's discontinued.

Even with it being simple, tho...cooking up a 'clone' of it in discrete modules would probably be considerably more expensive than buying a DFAM off the shelf; it's more likely that someone with a larger, more general-purposed system would just patch up a DFAM configuration on their own rig, or just buy one outright like I'm considering.

Yes, shure, all true. I just wanted to see some interesting combinations.Just for fun. ;-) Maybe something like the cheapest combination or the closest-to-original.

Its more like a challenge. Like this one:

BOOYAKA!

ModularGrid Rack

Pretty much 1:1 on functionality, with a few extras here and there, such as more noise colors, more waveforms, VCF also does BP response. 51 hp (beats Moog by 9!), $1563 on the modules alone, so way more than the off the shelf unit.

That was kinda fun...whupped that out in about 40 minutes or so.

See! :-) Nice one, cool!

Yeeah...but ultimately, I won't be satisfied until I can cook it up all in tiles and jam the result into a Syinsi 3U tile cab!

ModularGrid Rack

Not quite... Looking at the block diagram from the DFAM manual, I count 6 VCA and at least 4 mixers. Envelopes should also have cv inputs for decay time for 1:1 functionality.

Pretty sure this thing isn't 60 HP, but rather 59 HP.

I have one installed in an Arturia Rack brute which is has room for 88 HP. I have installed:
- The power supply (5PH)
- Erica Synths Black Dual EG/LFO (10HP)
- Erica Synths Black Double Bass (10HP)
- BEFACO OUT V3 (4 HP)

5 + 60 + 10 +10 + 4 = 89

EDIT: As megarat pointed out, Arturia offically states the Rack Brute as being 88Hp, but in reality it has 89!

I have one installed in an Arturia Rack brute which is has room for 88 HP. I have installed:
- The power supply (5PH)
- BEFACO OUT V3 (4 HP)

5 + 60 + 10 +10 + 4 = 89

-- leewaa

The RackBrute’s official specs are 88HP width, and their rails are 88HP wide, but the rack itself has 89HP of space.

- The power supply (5PH)
- BEFACO OUT V3 (4 HP)

5 + 60 + 10 +10 + 4 = 89

-- leewaa

The RackBrute’s official specs are 88HP width, and their rails are 88HP wide, but the rack itself has 89HP of space.

-- megarat

Ah thanks for the info ! Well, I could have figured that out myself too but I guess I was too lazy to look closer, sorry about the confusion xD