Thought I'd toss this out on here in case anyone else has run into this in the new version of Live, and might have some tips beyond doing a reset (done that, didn't help).

I was working on a very long (65+ minutes) work involving a lot of timestretching and DSP work. I had four stereo tracks down and collected/saved, then started in on a fifth. While working with a VST plugin (forget which one, might've been Waterfall) the entire system went into this fatal internal feedback loop, building into a deafening screech that forced me to cut the monitor amp. Then when trying to regain control, nothing was responsive...I eventually opted to quit at Win10's crash prompt, then restart the track from the last save point. But when I tried that, Live was no longer capable of loading. It now hangs at the very beginning of startup, as if whatever happened wrecked the install itself!

I put a service ticket in w/ Ableton support, still waiting to see if they can sort this out. But has anyone else on here run into a crash under Live 10.0.1 of this magnitude? Inquiring minds want to know...mainly, so inquiring minds can get the damned thing fixed so inquiring minds can get the hell back to work! Aaaaaaaagh!