The idea here is to have many different modules and sequencer arrangements along with some effects to act as a super sophisticated drum machine.

Except...while there's a lot of different drum voices, I get the feeling you're neglecting the timing aspects. For instance, I see nothing in the way of gate/trig dividers and/or multipliers, or other clock manipulators (pulse counters, stochastic skippers, clock delays). And with all of that, you'd also need a nice bit of logic to allow conditional gate/trigger variation. It's ok if you just want the output from the sequencers 'straight', but aside of the one Euclidean sequencer there, this is lacking in ways to 'humanize' the rhythm feel and/or create controllable variation. Take a long stroll through the 'clock modulators' section here and get a feel for what all of that category's about, and then do the same with the 'logic' section, then give it another try. You may find that the real trick here is less sound generation and more sequential/timing complexity.

Also, you'll want audio delays. I can't even count the times I've used different delay-based strategies to generate hocket-like behavior to make rhythm patterns more complex.

Hmmm... could have sworn I replied to you...

Anyway, thanks so much for looking over this dream system of mine I hope to slowly build out. I definitely want some "controlled randomness". I thought I was achieving that well enough with the Varigate 8+'s probablistic capabilities and the Metroplis' clock divider and shuffle capability. I'll have to look up stochastic skipper and some of these delay capabilities, they sound great. I'll probably drop the eloquencer; I don't think it's adding too much for its footprint and would be definitely the last one I'd buy.

BTW, one goal is to build this over time and have sound options, not using all at all times (even the sequencers). I have some semimoduler synths already, so thought percussion may be the way to go for me..

Anyway, thanks again Lugia for looking this over and dropping in some hints; this noob appeciates it!

Cheers,
Paul