I just picked up a new Pittsburgh Modular Move 208 case and arranged these modules into it. I seem to be having some power issues however despite the fact that everything adds up well within spec... even when dividing case spec between the two rails.

Am I missing something here?

MOVE 208 // +12v @ 2A, -12v @ 2A, and +5v @600mA // 12VAC 5.0A AC Power Adapter

FULL // 996 mA +12V | 455 mA -12V | 301 mA 5V
TOP RAIL // 400 mA +12V | 137 mA -12V | 170 mA 5V
BOTTOM RAIL // 596 mA +12V | 318 mA -12V | 131 mA 5V

It seemed to start first with the Shapeshifter... it would power down, followed by the rest of the top rail, then a few seconds later the bottom rail would go out. So then I read there have been some issues with Shapeshifters that require a new fuse and some soldering I will contact them about. So I disconnected the Shapeshifter and took it completely out of the equation.

Now after about 10-15 minutes of operation the whole bottom rail shuts down out of nowhere.

Does this seem like an issue I should bring up with Pittsburgh Modular regarding the case?

I just added in the QCD Expander and the 3 drum modules to my setup... all in the bottom... so the case and those 4 modules are my new variables in the setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TROUBLESHOOTING TESTS:
FAILED // I noticed I wasn't using any +5 on the bottom... so I switched the jumpers on the QCD, QPLFO, & Basimulus to offset some of the power to the +5.

Yes I would take it with PGH. I know there have been other power issues with their cell cases as well. Technically I'm running much higher mA levels with only 1.4A per 6u without any power outages with MN powered busboards. You should be fine if it was working properly.

Thanks exper. Going to do some tweaking today so I can say I did my due diligence before reaching out to the PGH folks. Did a manual add up of the power specs in a spreadsheet as well rather than just going by the specs here on MG.

3 of the modules on the bottom rail have jumpers to offset some of the power to the +5 so going to try that since I wasn't currently using any +5 on the bottom... and double check all my connections while I am at it. Then see what happens. Thanks again.

Btw, this is a great rack! 2x Braids and a Shapeshifter. Awesome!

Thanks. Hopefully I can get it all playing well together. Still working through documenting a battery of tests.

I have 2x MOVE 104s as well... and just moved most of my modules over to this new MOVE 208. I plan on using one of the 104s for a modulation rack of sorts with a Vectr, Teleplexer and other odds and ends in it to sort of break out a tactile control / modulation / performance kit into its own case. Maybe even throw a guitar strap on it.

Then I have an Octatrack running into the Yarns to sequence and master clock everything. With everything running into a Presonus 16.0.02 mixer for mixer workouts and midi controls of mixer scenes. + Virus Ti2 desk for digi poly, Analog4 for analog/acid lines, Minitaur for a touch of Moog bass/filter, and Lemur for some custom/extended control of the Octatrack.

Octatrack also sending MIDI to a macbook running visuals via COGE. So everything is all synced up and triggered tight.

How do you like the 104? Has the power been stable in that? (I'm planning on picking one up to supplement my little 6u 84hp.)

Keep us updated with what PGH says about the 208

Haven't had any issues with either of my two 104 cases. The only minor complaint I would have is not really a big deal... but the coating has a bit of tack to it and the lid wants to stick when trying to take it off sometimes. I played at an outdoor festival recently and the little bit of extra heat made it stick pretty bad... had to gently use a screwdriver to get the lid unstuck.

Still having issues with the 208 case. Weekend blown just testing different configurations. Going to contact PGH tomorrow and likely put everything back into the two 104 cases until it gets sorted out.

Contacted PGHmod and heard back almost immediately that they have a quick fix.... no specifics though. I happen to be headed to PGH for a few days in a couple weeks for a gig so just going to stop by the shop then.

hmm, I was planning on getting a 208 and Shapeshifter this month. I might hold off after reading this.
Interested in knowing how this turns out. Hope you get it fixed!

Instead of the 208, I'd go for another case. The PGH supplies can be weird. Some modules have issues when powered by them. Perhaps try a monorocket 208 hp case instead.

I have an Elite 208, which is good. I was hoping to get the Pittsburgh since it could stand upright behind it (the Elite case won't stand on its own).

I do have a fried Make Noise power board that I've been meaning to get fixed. Maybe I could get the Pittsburgh case and switch out the power supply for the MN board.

(I prefer the "no fuss" look of the Elite & Pittsburgh cases to some other more rugged designs. I'm just using them in my apartment but I need the flight cases because I don't have enough space.)

Contacted PGHmod and heard back almost immediately that they have a quick fix.... no specifics though. I happen to be headed to PGH for a few days in a couple weeks for a gig so just going to stop by the shop then.
-- grieve

Did they give you a new power supply?

Hello gents. What was the resolution of this issue? I have run into something similar in my setup. I have a PGH foundation 3.1+ with a bottom row of Maths,wogglebug, and optomix. Recently added a clouds,phonogene and erbe-verb. After about 15-30 minutes of patching I lost all power to the case (used to work fine without the 3 latest modules). I have to power off and power on and then all modules come back up and remain online for about 15 minutes and then the power drops again. I removed the clouds last night and had no power issues for 3 hours.