Hello there, I need suggestions to fill the last 14 hp of a 7U Intellijel case. Probably the modulation section is already overcrowded
For now, the modules with their primary functions are:
-Maths, Kinks, Links, Disting Mk4: Multitools
-Stages: Main ADSR
-Zadar: Meta-modulator
-Batumi: Main LFO
-Plaits + Braids clone: Main Oscillators
-Branches: Main Filter
I was thinking about a Intellijel Planar 2 as controller / more random functions as MI Branches / Intellijell scales for some independent quantize / Another VCA (Veils maybe?) / Another turing machine.
But at this point I'm not really sure what to add (I don't want a FX module... already got a lot of pedals for that) and need recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

More VCAs. You have plenty of modulation sources, but you only have VCAs that seem to be for your audio. Being able to put your LFOs, looping EGs, and so forth under VCA level control will add a lot of nuance to your modulation use. But go smaller, something along the lines of Happy Nerding's 3xVCA or Intellijel's uVCA II (half of a Quad VCA, basically) would work wonders in limited space...both are just 6 hp.

DO add the Zadar's expander module, the Nin. Given that the Zadar is intended for modulation uses, the Nin adds some basic functions that make it work nicer for that sort of thing.

So...that leaves 5 hp. Given that you've got loads of stompboxes at hand, perhaps a send/return module would be useful in that space. And with 5 hp, Bastl's Hendrikson seems like the right choice. It also gives you CV over your wet/dry mix level, can function as a feedback controller, has clip indicators for your I/O signals, and your external loop I/O points are proper 1/4" jacks for directly connecting typical guitar cables...no messing with fiddly 3.5mm adaptors here!

More VCAs. You have plenty of modulation sources, but you only have VCAs that seem to be for your audio. Being able to put your LFOs, looping EGs, and so forth under VCA level control will add a lot of nuance to your modulation use. But go smaller, something along the lines of Happy Nerding's 3xVCA or Intellijel's uVCA II (half of a Quad VCA, basically) would work wonders in limited space...both are just 6 hp.

DO add the Zadar's expander module, the Nin. Given that the Zadar is intended for modulation uses, the Nin adds some basic functions that make it work nicer for that sort of thing.

So...that leaves 5 hp. Given that you've got loads of stompboxes at hand, perhaps a send/return module would be useful in that space. And with 5 hp, Bastl's Hendrikson seems like the right choice. It also gives you CV over your wet/dry mix level, can function as a feedback controller, has clip indicators for your I/O signals, and your external loop I/O points are proper 1/4" jacks for directly connecting typical guitar cables...no messing with fiddly 3.5mm adaptors here!
-- Lugia

Wow, thanks for the suggestions. I was trying to convince myself to live without the NIN (to save that little space), but yes, I'll end with one soon (hating the odd hp modules, pico DSP was there to make it even again ).
Also, I've been reading about a Intellijel little 1U 8hp VCA coming soon ( https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-1u-dual-stereo-vca-module ) that little module could be worth the sacrifice of the 2xUSB 1U power plugs.
Finally the other option is to just use the pedals+guitar with the 1/4" jacks on the top of the case and audio I/O 1U and take another big VCA module instead (but not sure wich one for 11hp).

P.D.: My wife says that you are a mystical beast

Another filter would be nice. Maybe a QPAS or Joranalogue?

You could use a Pamela's New Workout or Temps Utile to generate some gate/trigger patterns. Speaking of which, smaller sequencers can be wonderful for modulating sounds; not just generating note information.

Consider getting clones of the Mutable stuff. They are smaller so not as convenient if you're using them live... but the savings in HP are well worth it if you've not purchased yet.

Another filter would be nice. Maybe a QPAS or Joranalogue?

You could use a Pamela's New Workout or Temps Utile to generate some gate/trigger patterns. Speaking of which, smaller sequencers can be wonderful for modulating sounds; not just generating note information.

Consider getting clones of the Mutable stuff. They are smaller so not as convenient if you're using them live... but the savings in HP are well worth it if you've not purchased yet.

-- Ronin1973

Hi,
I though that with Ripples and the Erica Synth pico VCF1 could be enough Filters for now... But struggled a bit as I preferred a Doepfer Wasp instead (of the pico one). The half solution is to get it anyway and keep changing modules as they are needed.

Pamela's is in my list (not in the rack, but definitely willing to try it in the near future) :)

MI's are already here... would only change them if the setup feels too weak in other functions.

Thanks for your response.