Pleeeeeeeeaaasssseeee, release this!!!! :-)

This one will put all my musical ground together. This will raise my horn to a galactic level. I'll be patient enough… I hope!!

Mmmm...except...there's some things missing here: phantom power and impedence settings. Very important...

If you're planning to use a high-end condenser mic for your horn, this might prove to be a problem. A better idea would be to go with something like this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixingLink--eventide-mixing-link-preamp-and-fx-loop and then take the line out from this (or the AUX port) and go to a more conventional input preamp such as a Doepfer A-119 for your boost to synth level and the envelope follower/gate result. A box like this also allows for a separate FX loop besides the modular. As for modules WITH phantom power...ahh, you're utterly screwed unless you hold an AMEX Black Card, because then you're looking at Cwejman stuff, and that ain't cheap! Even at $300 for the Eventide box and $100 for the A-119, you're STILL a few hundred ahead of that.

However, if your horn has a piezo pickup (most wind pickups these days are), then you'll need a module that doesn't have phantom power, but a suitable hi-Z input setting so that the piezo sounds natural. In this case, no external box would be needed, but you'd want to look into something like Sputnik's EF/Preamp, which has the necessary impedence adjustments for this.

The Erica module IS NEAT, no doubt...but it's not out yet. These other solutions are, and they should work just fine.

A stand alone phantom power supply is going to range from $30US to whatever you want to pay... with most sitting around $60.

If you're really digging the features or quality of the build and you really want hook up a condenser mic... that will solve the issue.

Expert Sleepers Little Mikey - phantom power and combination xlr/trs input - MSRP: UK £129, US $160 (exclusive of sales tax), EU €126 (exclusive of VAT)

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Or maybe that:
Instrument interface (befaco) through a little bandpass filter, through disting for pitch and cv tracking)...

@Lugia,

I actually just reached out to the company, and they confirmed that the finished module will have phantom power. As for the impedence and input levels, I would imagine that's what the Mode 1-2-3 switch will be, no?

Unfortunately, they also said 2021 for release.

Or maybe that:
Instrument interface (befaco) through a little bandpass filter, through disting for pitch and cv tracking)...
-- deniSound

Yep, I've been looking at the Befaco: https://www.perfectcircuit.com/befaco-i4-instrument-interface.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhs79BRD0ARIsAC6XpaX8aH6USyFV91YKPED9YK0Jgcw6KY-kQRF2NM3-ochS9iHaDOKULAUaAijKEALw_wcB

Inscrumental music for prickly pears.

Hmmm, guess they forgot about this one. Any good Hi-Z input modules with 1/4"/6,3 TS inputs you would recommend for electric guitar interfacing?