My rack (morphagene not yet purchased) :

ModularGrid Rack

Been pretty inspired by what's going on here in this video at the 16 minute mark. This is something I'd love to do with vocal samples.

Currently use my rack to add in FX and sounds into my tracks with the BIA. I sequence it with MIDI from ableton (and also use Ableton's effects plus other plugs like soundtoys, valhalla). and modulate with all my other modules. But I'd like to craft lead melodies out of vocal samples, mangle pads..etc.

I really love my Pams, and the clep diaz but I am pretty open to suggestions on what you all think I should add if I got a morphagene, which i feel like may be the best option for what I'd like to do.

I feel like I may need a stereo filter, but Id also like something I can send the BIA into when I am recording that. Or will my current filter be fine?

Also is the mimetic digitalis a good modulation source for the MG? I like it, but don't know if it's the best fit for what im trying to do. If I pulled that and the Sinc Bucina I'd have 16hp of space to add in something different. I see a lot of small builds that use Maths or Rampage instead so I'd love to get some opinions on if those modules would make sense. I could pull most of them to make room for Maths, but I'd still like to have a filter if possible.

Anyway, I see a good amount of smaller builds with the MG but not a lot with the MG and the BIA, so I appreciate any input.

I wonder if you really need both an LPG and a MMF in a system like this... gives you options of course, but I'd be tempted to pick one or the other. That said, the closest thing you have to a VCA is the Sinc Bucina... so I'd suggest cutting a filter and adding in a 4hp VCA of some sort, then using the last 2 hp for whatever cool thing you can think of that will fit (including the Meng Qi dual LPG, if you absolutely must have one).

Last thought: Nonlinearcircuits makes a 1u version of Sloth that would be a great fit in your 1u section, if you can stand losing the USB port. Excellent random/chaotic modulation for MG. Of course, you could also add Intellijel's 1u dual VCA in this slot. But Sloths is always worth the hp...

Thanks! I had no idea about that 1u. I will absolutely look at that. Sounds amazing.

What do you think about pulling the MD and getting something like Woggle instead?

I have the 1u dual vca up top for vcas so far. I mainly use them for gates. Probably me not knowing enough yet.

I didn't notice the 1u VCA, somehow... I thought it was the left half of the midi unit. But yes, that would take care of that need.

If you're going to be sequencing by midi, then the swap you're describing could be great... but of course, those are two very different modules. If you need sequencing, you need sequencing, not Woggling.

I didn't notice the 1u VCA, somehow... I thought it was the left half of the midi unit. But yes, that would take care of that need.

If you're going to be sequencing by midi, then the swap you're describing could be great... but of course, those are two very different modules. If you need sequencing, you need sequencing, not Woggling.
-- Shakespeare

Yes, I sequence by MIDI and I also have an SQ1. What I was doing was sequencing with MIDI and then using the MD to send CV sequence to different parameters. But it honestly has not been a great fit for me. I find that just sending the sequences from Ableton gets the pattern and pitch that I want, plus I can do so many styles of sequences with it. So the rest of the rack is basically modulation. Thats why I started looking at woggle more. I feel like it could be a good fit for the BIA as well. On that note, this sloth module looks so cool too. I am definitely going to get one of these.