Any comments?

I don't know what your goals are, but in this space and retaining at least one of each of the Doepfer modules and all of the more unique modules (the Quantic and the Eudemonia), this is what I'd go with:

ModularGrid Rack

Principles I was working from:
1) You don't need so many duplicate modules, especially without having used them
2) There's a core of modules that cover a lot of ground and will excel in any small rack, Links, Kinks, Maths, Disting, and FX Aid (XL or not), and that are generally reasonably priced. I would personally not start a 6U rack without them, the Maths and FX Aid being the most important.
3) Having a sequencer around is always a plus, especially with a quantizer (the Disting), so I added a Tirana II.
4) I aimed to keep the price in the same range, but added about $500. I think it's more than worth it here.
5) You had too many oscillators in the original, not enough utilities. Additionally, the Doepfer VCOs don't strike me as full featured enough for the HP they take up here, hence the Dixie 2+

Hi troux,
Thanks. I get your points. Let me explain a bit where I come from and where I want to go ( my case is still chanhing so I probably should not have named it FINAL). I have been using a fairly traditional set up wth two VCO's ( the A-110's) with some stuff added like a wave processor, freq divider, noise, ring modulator. I like the use a seperate LP filter for each VCO and use envelopes for both VCOś and filters. I use LFO for the VCO feqentie and for the filter cut offf modulation. Key modlues for me are the Mutable Instruments Plaits and Rings. They are absolutely fantastic. Last week I got the Studio Electronics Quadnic and my first impression is very good. I just bought the cheap Dreadbox VCA second hand for 60€ to try as VCA with the Quandnic and I must say thay it is not bad at all. SO both will likely stay. With the Quadnic added, I will let go one of the two Doepfer VCO's. Another thing that I am considering is to get a MI Marbles. That will be a awsome combo with my Plaits and Rings. But this means that I need to free up another 18 hp.

About sequencing: I use sequencers out side the rack. I currently use the Korg SQ-1 and the Arturia Beatstep. Both easy, flexible and have sufficient CV and gate outs available. I have been using the Doepfer Dark Time for quite some time, but have sold that one a few months ago as I prefer the SQ-1.

About your reworked rack :
I don't have hands-on experience with the Maths but I don like the Maths or Function, the Make Noise stuff is just not my thing. I do like the Intellijel mixer/multi and should probably get one to try out. Also like the MI Links, seems much better than the simple Doepfer multiples. Curious what te Disting is, I don't know this one but seems an interesting multi function thing.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your inputs.
Take care,
Rick

Decided today to add the MI Marbles. I ordered it already and it will be delivered later this week, so need to re-arrange again and get rid of some of my Doepfer stuff. Also looking to get a better audio mixer with good quality line output instead of the A-138 that I use now. This A-138 gets too quickly into clipping.
Bon, à suivre ......

Which A-138? You've got two, and only one of those should be for audio, the other (linear) one is tailored for CV/modulation mixing. They deal with gain differently...the exponential one raises and lowers levels in a way that our hearing deals with apparent loudness (the Fletcher-Munson curves...look 'em up) and the linear changes gain in a purely linear manner across the entire input pot taper.

The layout is sort of crap, also...very confusional as to signal flow across the patchpanel. I'm going to tinker with that...

EDIT: OK, hopefully this build will actually show up. The "screenshot" function is acting pretty wonky right now...

Aaaaaaaand nope, it's not showing up. This'll have to wait until that function starts working properly again. However, I did a major-type rework of the build; since you mentioned you were considering tossing the Doepfer modules, I really dived in on this and tried for more functional density. UNFORTUNATELY ModularGrid is having other ideas here...

(Monday evening) Ahhh...the screenshot function is working again! So...
ModularGrid Rack
BIG reworking on this...the main thrust was to boot everything that didn't have sufficient functional density. If you're going with a 2 x 84 cab, then it's imperative that you maximize the amount of function you can cram in. So this thing got MAJORLY changed around...let's have a look...

Top row: first thing there is a neat little Cavisynth slew gen + buffered mult. And yes, this will likely have enough CV destinations that the buffered mult IS needed. Like, for the Quadnic...still there, but now paired with a little Doepfer 4 x 1 mixer that'll allow you to sum the Quadnic down with total control over the levels of the oscillators. Yeah, it's got a summed output, I know...but this offers more subtlety. Original Plaits = gone, replaced with TWO 3rd-party builds of the same. And beside this is both a waveshaper AND a suboctave divider in the Tiptop Fold Processor. Dreadbox mixer/multimode VCF next as an "in general" VCO mixer + VCF (highpass is super-useful here), then there's G-Storm's version (with another 2-input mixer) of the original ARP Odyssey VCF, and a Nanorings...yep, another 3rd party Mutable module, saving more space. Last up is the 10 hp version of Mutable's Veils for CV-controlled final mixing.

Bottom row: kept the A-118, Marbles goes next (because it uses the A-118 for random signal sources), and then I dropped in a 4ms Quad Pingable LFO. These are way nifty...they have a maximum cycle period of over 70 minutes and on the top end, they clock up to 500 Hz, so if you needed an AF mod source, there you are. Roti Pola next, mainly for mixing and polarization of your QPL. Beside that are two Antumbra VCAs (identical to the Veils VCA). Then the envelope section...I went with a Quadrax for the 2-stage loopables, and an Intellijel Dual ADSR for your four-stage envelopes for the final VCA and your VCFs. The very end of the audio chain is next to this...the Stasis Leak offers reverb, chorus, and a tap delay, plus it's a mono-in stereo-out device that can "stereoize" your signal...which goes right to the Happy Nerding Isolator, which also has your final stereo level control, and which has transformer-balanced 1/4" outs.

Now THAT'S got some beef! By yanking a lot of the sparser Doepfer stuff and shooting for more interconnectivity between SETS of modules, this is now one helluva potent 2 x 84. There's now ample modulation sources for the upper audio row, you have FX, stereo out, more VCAs...well, just MORE, really, which was the point of this rework.

Considering to swap my old doepfer 8hp noise/random module and and my large 4x LFO module for new mini (4hp) versions to gain space. Not sure yet. Working on a good deal to get a Intellijel mixup. Probably next week. Also negotiating a uBurst Clouds clone to add to my Plaits and Rings super combo, with a MI Marbles being shipped to arrive later this week. Still room for some multiples etc.
To be continued.

another thing to consider might be - put the money the module swap would cost you in a jar and every time you buy a module put it's rack rent (modules hp * cost of 1hp of rack) in that jar too

when your rack becomes full, you will probably have enough in the jar to buy the next rack

this is the way to go if you like ergonomics instead of trying to cram as much as possible in as small a space as possible

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities