this user has left ModularGrid

Hi folks,

I found my setups lacking good modular effects. So far I have Mimeophon in one rack and want more delay, reverb and flanger modules for my other two larger racks. What modules would you recommend that give a nice spacey sounds?

Mimeophon and Magneto are fantastic in my experience, Clouds, so so, FX Aid gets good reviews from me but not quite as powerful as the rest.

Thanks troux, I have Mimeophon in one case which is great and have the Noise Engineering DESMODUS VERSIO on the way for my MDLR 14u case. Looking at 4ms Dual Looping Delay and few others. Hopefully Clouds v2 arrives next year as well. I will probably get Pico DSP or FX Aid for my smaller cases.

Hi Sacguy71,

I know it's not a Eurorack module but I love the pedal from Source Audio, it's called the Ventris Dual Reverb, it has a beautiful and good quality sound. It can provide you those nice spacey sounds you were asking for. Since you are into guitar "business" as well, you might want to consider a pedal like the Ventris Dual Reverb.

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield, I will need to check it out since I also play guitar and have a pedalboard.

I think that Eventide makes some really good FX modules for Eurorack and they also have the H9 that can be used with both guitar and modular. So perhaps Strymon Magneto and Eventide EuroDDL Eurorack Delay would be worth getting for my larger cases and FX Aid and Erica Synths Pico DSP for my smaller cases. I like the delay and bit crusher effects so far in my new Disting EX Alpha module that I use in my portable Doepfer 6u suitcase. That is a fun module since it really is a swiss army knife of modular. I was using delay/reverb from my external mixer but after getting Mimeophon, using effects in modular direct is way better!