this user has left ModularGrid

Some fun experimental jungle beats tonite with the MDLR 14u setup

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice jam! Lovely to see your MDLR case in action :-)

Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Really enjoying these modules and the new setup. Mordax is a great module and love easy set tempos at different rates and offsets and the Mob of Emus with the Acid Rain Maestro is super modulation madness great for live on the fly performance changes. WMD has great percussion modules and my WMD Metron will hopefully arrive first week of January after such a long wait. I really like the MDLR case the two rows of 1u tiles are great and I have a few Intellijel 1u tile modules like Quadratt and mults. I will add more 1u modules after next year when Intellijel has more for sale as these have been in short supply and sold out quite a long time like their 7u cases. Did you ever get your new sequencer yet? I also have a Winter Modular Eloquencer on the way to add to my Doepfer monster base case and a Mimetic Digitalis for the 6u case with VPME Euclidian Circles. Should be a fun 2021 start with new gear and patch learnings.

Hi Sacguy71,

I just received the Vector + expander from Five12. Didn't had much time yet, but first impression is (very) good! Now I just need more time to explore it, since I got the expander as well, giving me 6 channels output (each with pitch, velocity & gate outputs), I might need here and there some more modules to be able to come up with 6 voices/channels :-)

First very good impression is the unexpected, even better than I thought, good and direct working of the settings of those step parameters (like gate length, pitch, note length, ratcheting, repeat, velocity, groove & chance). You just press one of those buttons and straight away you can change those parameters with the below encoders, very clear, very direct, very intuitive way of handling it. Now I need to dive a bit deeper into the details.

The only con I could discover so far is... is... that this device is sooooooooo addictive that you just can't stop playing around with it, meaning that you spend hours, forgetting the time and at 6 am or something realise that you need to get some kind of sleep before continuing playing with it ;-)

I can't wait for you to receive the WMD - Metron, I hope you will have as much fun with it as I have with the Vector :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,

Glad you are having fun with the Vector! I look forward to my Metron and Eloquencer. I figured that for what just the Vector and expander cost, I could get two amazing complex sequencers for my larger cases. I also have a Praga mixer on the way and find creating submixes addicting. Next year, I plan to get the WMD Performance mixer and maybe a granular sampler cv recorder like the Qu-bit Nebulae v2 or Instruo Arbhar to record and chop up incoming audio, record and remix it so that I can use my modular without having to sample to Octatrack. Vector is on my future list of sequencers but with the Metron, Eloquencer, and Stillson Hammer, my bases are covered for quite a while. Maybe after I get a larger studio space and two new larger cases would get one.