this user has left ModularGrid

Fun jam session to welcome in the new year 2021 modular style

Hi Sacguy71,

Wow, the beginning of this track is fantastic! It reminds me of some superb tv-series but can't remember which one.

So... how do you like Marbles? Looks great in your rack. I got Rings and Plaits, would Marbles be a good side companion to Rings & Plaits in your opinion?

Sample those gun shots sounds and use that in your music, something which would be impossible to do here in Europe ;-)

Thank you very much for sharing and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Considering I had a few drinks was fun exploring the new modules. Now that I figured out how to record to DAW, I plan to do a lot more track recordings and remix into future album. I love Marbles- it works great for slowly evolving patches like complex drones and generative things. However, it is not precise like a complex sequencer or clock generator so for beat focused stuff like techno, I prefer to use Pamela New Workout or a sequencer. Yeah I need to do that- sample the gun shots into my Octatrack from the video then send to Ableton and use in future recordings! Crazy here in downtown Sacramento, where I live the nut jobs shooting their damn guns off.

Hertz Donut is a beast! Can go from brutal mean to mild jazzy beats per the video demo. Still learning my around it and the Stillson Hammer and how FM synthesis works.

Hey Sacguy71,

Isn't that a great title for your new track? "The Gun Shots From Sacramento" ;-)

I keep forgetting that you got an Octratrack, you can do beautiful things with that one too!

I wish Hertz Donut was about half the price, I never see a good offer on that one here but I will keep an eye on it, you never know if one day indeed a good offer is available for this interesting module.

Kind regards and take care, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Great idea Garfield!

I scored a good deal on the Hertz Donut and Stillson Hammer which is why I ended up getting them. They work well together.