Hello my European fellow.

Since the start of the year I have noticed that I've been receiving much less messages re. my modules for sale. And in the few I have received, one of the questions is always "will I have to pay custom fees?".
This makes me realise there is a lot of confusion regarding Brexit across the continent, and this is affecting us Irish people. So I wanted to clear things out:
- The Republic of Ireland is an independent country which is not part of the UK.
- It is still a member of the EU, and we use the same Euro currency as most EU countries. There is NO custom fees when buying from RoI.
- Northern Ireland, however, is separate from RoI and IS part of the UK, therefore you'd probably have to pay custom fees.

On a side note, all this is explained on every single of my ads, which means that people do not read ads properly before getting in touch. So please, RTFA people! :D

Dear Irish mate,

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea, so buying from Belfast is now a nope situation but Dublin and most of the island is still good. Very nice, I for one am glad to still have you with us

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Dear Irish mate,

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea, so buying from Belfast is now a nope situation but Dublin and most of the island is still good. Very nice, I for one am glad to still have you with us
-- toodee

I have to admit I do not know the situation when buying from RoI to Northern Ireland and vice-versa.

I am not an expert, but just for interests sake, this is the current situation as I understand it:

The Good Friday Agreement stipulates there will never be a hard border between NI and ROI.

BREXIT requires a hard border between the UK and the EU.

ROI is part of the EU.

NI is part of the UK.

yes really...

yes, really... really...

There is probably a multitude of business opportunities for some enterprising and very brave soul exporting and importing between these countries.

I couldn't deal with the inevitable stress, or the potential jail time, but that's a 20% additional markup on anything you care to take the trouble to drive over the border as far as I can make out...

I would be shocked if there isn't an incredible amount of technically illegal activity going on!

I'd be shocked if there wasn't an incredible amount of completely illegal activity going on!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Heh, yep, of course... these things happen anyway, always have, always will!