I would strongly consider FX Aid XL...would obviously recommend FX Aid Pro but with a smaller case like this, HP is at a premium.
-- jb61264
Good point, but at the moment I don't want effects inside the rack, just a delay that gives me many possibilities, to get some glitchy sounds. That is why I have selected the Dual PT delay from 333modules.
Thank you very much for your comment.

Buffered Multiple is an active signal multiplication circuit. Thanks to this module, for example, you can create many copies of an 8Vpp signal out of a single 8Vpp signal. You can use this module as two 1 In – 4 Outs or one 1 In – 8 Outs. Signal flow is shown on the module with arrows so that you can use the module without difficulty. As long as you do not plug in a jack through the input below, the input of the first channel on the top is directed from the inside, through the circuit board. The module is DC-coupled. Therefore, it can be used for all AC and DC signals, and all audio and CV signals.

https://en.vaemi.net/product-page/buffered-multiple-eurorack-diy-or-assembled

Behringer can be controversial.
-- 33PO

While true, in the case of the ARP 2500 clone modules, they are Rob Keeble (AM Synths) designs. And in this case, B wasn't stepping on anyone's toes (there's a first time for everything, I suppose).

I have the 1006 (and a couple other B2500 modules), and while it works great within the 2500 setup, it is a royal pain to use outside of that context (you must use the filter in order to use the amp), so I would second @33PO on a different filter. If you want the ARP filter sound, G-Storm Electro has the TONUS-VCF, which is the classic ARP 2600 4012-filter clone (I personally like it better than the 1006, although the 2-pole 1047 Multimode Resonator is loads of fun!).

+1 on FX Aid

Check out Pamela's New Workout instead of the Doepfer LFO, Maths instead of ADSR

Plaits oscillator will get you the most variety of sounds without needing Filters, VCA, Envelopes, etc.

Klavis Twin Waves is an amazing VCO, but you'll definitely need to add a VCA. There are some great Veils VCA clones.

Behringer can be controversial, maybe swap the filter from a reputable manufacturer. TipTop Forbidden Planet and MI Ripples are great all-rounders. Xaoc Belgrad is legendary

Hi Manbearpignick,

This is indeed a great result. You didn't make a video, yet I see the birds migration in my head by images flying by while listening to your music. Did you send the track already to Hollywood? They must be impressed :-)

Your idea with a slew limiter actually should have worked out, it surprised me that it didn't. Perhaps some knobs set wrongly? When I use a slew limiter I realise I can't do too small or too large settings, somewhere the golden midway seems to be usually working just fine for me.

Nicely done and thank you very much for sharing this with us, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Igor,

Aster is a great track, so ambient (in a positive way I mean), so relaxing and yet beautiful composition! This could go on and on for me, only 5 minutes? Why not 20 minutes? :-D

Good stuff! Thank you very much for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I would swap out Zverb with FX Aid XL....2HP smaller and more choices for effects

JB

I would strongly consider FX Aid XL...would obviously recommend FX Aid Pro but with a smaller case like this, HP is at a premium.

JB

I think the NE Versio series would be a good fit for this case...

JB

Hi all,

Im building a rack for whose purpose is for being a stereo textur..izer? sources being physical modeling, granular, and the new XPO. I'm currently reading the manuals of the models I've selected for further understanding of the relationship these modules will have.

From those who are more experienced, I would like to have suggestions thrown my way as to what modules may be redundant, or what you believe I could use here (other than more VCA's). I have outboard stereo FX I could use beyond what is shown here like reverbs, choruses, delays, rotary effects, phasers.

Thank you for any input.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi all! I hope I didn't bore you with my videos yet :)

A year ago my first solo LP 'Still Life' is out via Polar Seas Rec: https://yalivec.bandcamp.com/
For the anniversary of the album, I decided to record a video of semi-generative composition 'Aster' from this release.

MI Marbles sequences Rings and Plaits filtered by Three Sisters, plus some field recordings played by 1010Music Bitbox.
Better to listen with headphones. More explanations below the video on YT.

Thanks for building it! :)
I have mine perma-patched. Use it all the time.

Thank you for the kind words about this module! :) Try it out with CV as well!

_Logan Erickson
Low-Gain Electronics
https://www.Low-Gain.com

How long can one expect to wait to get their company listed in manufacturers list? I have sent 2 PM's (to two different accounts) with the request.

I have modules in Eurorack up here already, but am not listed in "Serge" format.

Thanks!

_Logan Erickson
Low-Gain Electronics
https://www.Low-Gain.com

Ideal indeed!

Hi Farkas! I looked at both the Nord and the Alesis now and the difference is simple - synthesis vs samples. Samples enable looping, so there's that. Otherwise, there's pros and cons for both.

With the Squarp Rample I am currently using, I actually have multisamples that I can trigger with CV, so velocity based if that's what I want. It's a great feature indeed - a boring repetitive hi-hat suddenly comes to life. As you said - anything that doesn't do this, suddenly sounds flat. It gets a bit weirder and more unpredictable with the Squarp's more exotic sets of samples, which is also nice. Aside from that, I like to get variation into it by CVing the pitch (simple sample speed on the Squarp), filter, ... Particularly with S&H or something like the Joranalogue Orbit 3, I'm getting pretty interesting results. You can hear it in the clicking-ratchetting sound on this track: . It's not the most modulated I've ever done, but the ratchet is actually another layer of the regular click sample.

So for me it's currently about 1 - more flexibility. On the Rample, you select a kit and those are the 4 sounds you'll get - period. Of course, I can muck about combining samples into new sets and adding my own ones (I have a great set recorded at a blacksmith!) but I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. Sample management is file management and as such, for me, a much more boring endeavor than wiggling knobs. Then there's 2 - the 4 sounds in a Rample kit are limited when percussion becomes complex. 3 - the Rample's modulation capabilities are limited, I want more. For that, a module like the LXR has the great advantage. 4 - will I want to start actually playing the drums at a certain point? Certainly looks like fun, and I have an in-law to learn from. For that, obviously, it would be one of the pads we discussed here.

I expect I'll go with the LXR module first to get the extra flexibility that I want. I can add the drum pads afterwards and hook them up to trigger the internal sounds, the LXR or the Rample. But very interesting to see what triggers you in drums! Layered samples are an aspect that I really liked unconsciously in my Squarp Rample, and now I understand better why. It's one of the things that put me off when I tried the Dirtywave M8. You trigger a hi-hat sample every off-beat? It's always the same. Boring!

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Wow! Thank you guys! Glad you like it!

We have some cassettes left, so you can grab a copy if you're interested. Worldwide shipping is available.

Yes, I definitely checked out all of the multipads. I'm not working much with loops for drums, but plan to use some of those features for vocal samples (all processed through the rack). The Nord Drum looks cool, but I wasn't looking for synthesized drums as I can do a lot of that sound design in my rack or with the DFAM. The 32GB of memory in the Alesis was one of the selling points for me over the older Roland, though I see that Roland have just announced an updated SPD that looks strikingly like the Alesis with almost the exact same features (for more $, of course).
I'm not a drummer either, and believe it or not I'm not a huge fan of samplers, but it's great to have the ability to have that physical/human approach to rhythm in a largely robotic/sequenced system. As I mentioned, I was getting frustrated with the lack of nuance and dynamics in the modular drums that I had collected. With the velocity layers/multisamples in a decent sampler, that frustration is now gone.
I'm building a hybrid approach with the Alesis. I have MIDI out from one of my drum machines triggering samples from the multipad, so I can still program it in an X0X style without having to play everything via drumsticks, and I'm adding a Mutant Brain MIDI interface to my rack so that I can also trigger events and sequences from the multipad in the traditional way with sticks. It's exactly the approach I was hoping for all along, I just didn't realize that it could be done.
Yes, this approach is expensive too (as all eurorack is). But, the possibilities seem limitless, and I always felt incredibly limited with modular drums. I was able to sell off some of my drum modules to pay for the sampler, and the scope of sounds I have access to is now so much greater for the same amount of expense.
Again, this is just my experience. Your needs are probably much different than mine. I thought a dissenting opinion might be of interest to the conversation. :) The important part is to have fun, and that LXR looks like 100% fun. Just consider what it is you are really hoping to accomplish before you spend your hard earned cash.
Good luck!

I hate to play devil's advocate, but I'm actually going in the opposite direction with drum modules right now. I do a lot of rhythm-focused stuff so I invested a fair amount into modular drums and samplers, but found I just kept investing more and more because I couldn't quite get the nuance and sound I was looking for. I tried adding an MPC, but that didn't do the trick either. Finally, I added an Alesis Strike Multipad and that was the missing piece for me. Now, I am selling off most of my drum modules (still keeping a couple modules and drum machines).
That LXR looks great, and I actually considered picking up the desktop version. I'm sure you will get great (and fun!) results from it. In my experience though, drum modules can be an expensive slippery slope considering the additional sequencing and modulation needs to keep them interesting. Just wanted to throw that out there as something to consider. Your needs and experience may differ, of course.
Good luck and have fun!
-- farkas

Hey Farkas, thanks for the response. I've been doing a bit of generated drums combined with manually programmed ones, with the generation coming from PNW (or Drambo on the iPad, similar idea) and the programming done on my Oxi. I'd start using my iPad with MIDI more to free my Oxi for melodic voices. I see what you mean with the slippery slope, but isn't that with everything modular? I've got 3 filters now in 200hp and I'm already looking at what's next. Obviously, the same is going to happen for drums. And oscillators later on! I like to think discipline works, and a wife who questions every purchase ;-)

The Alesis Strike Multipad looks very similar in concept to the Nord Drum 3P and it's priced similarly as well. Looking up a comparison, there's the Roland SPD SX in the same market as well. I looked into the Nord after reading very good reviews of its sound. I'm not a drummer, though, and while I'm open to learning it, now may not be the right moment. Still, very interesting tool and I might change my mind ;-)

The Sweetwater demo of the Alesis focuses very much on loops and automation, something I saw less of in the Nord. Is that a major feature for you? Did you check out the others before getting the Alesis?

Hot damn, what a DEAL!
Definitely NOT throwaway grade! So if you need piles of patchcables, I think this might be the mother lode!
-- Lugia

Mine just arrived today (the email "Delivery Updates" were intolerable though)! Just as you described!

Thanks for the heads-up about these.

So prunes will work for modular problems too? Now THAT'S a cheap fix!

Ha! Yeah, I pruned my filter obsession... er, I mean collection about six months ago.

As a drummer myself, I'm avoiding @farkas "expensive slippery slope," although I wish I could do the same with filters...ugh.

I hate to play devil's advocate, but I'm actually going in the opposite direction with drum modules right now. I do a lot of rhythm-focused stuff so I invested a fair amount into modular drums and samplers, but found I just kept investing more and more because I couldn't quite get the nuance and sound I was looking for. I tried adding an MPC, but that didn't do the trick either. Finally, I added an Alesis Strike Multipad and that was the missing piece for me. Now, I am selling off most of my drum modules (still keeping a couple modules and drum machines).
That LXR looks great, and I actually considered picking up the desktop version. I'm sure you will get great (and fun!) results from it. In my experience though, drum modules can be an expensive slippery slope considering the additional sequencing and modulation needs to keep them interesting. Just wanted to throw that out there as something to consider. Your needs and experience may differ, of course.
Good luck and have fun!

Yep, sounds amazing!

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

LXR looks interesting but I am waiting for Winter Modular Zaps and Rabid Elephant Portal Drum as these look really cool as well.
So far Akamie's Taiko is super amazing fun. I will upload a demo sometime this week.

A Seismograf bass drum module from Frequency Central.
A good little unit, some effective CV mods for tuning, distortion, and sound select.
A easy build, would be a great first build for someone.

3) links to deleted racks
its totally fine to get a 404 when trying to view a deleted rack.
but it would be nice to have all users public racks as a fallback
-- modular01

Starting with racks that are deleted today we have that now. You will be redirected to the users profile page.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

This is incorrect. The MA808 is a BD808. Blawan says so himself, around 34:35 in the Thomann YouTube video. And if you use 1080p resolution, screen shot and zoom in, you can clearly see it is a BD808, which just looks very similar to an MA808. But there is an extra knob on the BD. Also you can clearly hear the 808 kick and lack of maracas.

Hi,
I'm new with modular.I just built my diy case (6U104)
I already have the modules of the upper row, bought from an Instagram's contact at a very good price.
The second row modules are options that I have in mind to continue with my rack, I would like your opinions, I would develop this first voice more, adding for example another filter (Wasp, Viol Ruina or Anomaly) and the generator of functions/LFO of riders, or I would add another voice (perhaps Plaits)?
The idea is to use my Arturia Beatstep pro for clock and sequencer functions.
My budget at the moment is tight, and the idea is to gradually add the modules.
Thanks.
ModularGrid Rack

sound example:
https://on.soundcloud.com/X2Au3

usage:
i use this to record stems which are analog glitchy/computer musicy sounds but also drones which i combine with tracks i made with an advanced audio stretching tool which sometimes includes the drone recordings as a "modulator"/main input.
live i will use supercollider to randomly generate tracks with both things, sometimes using it's deep but digital audio processing tools. i will work on this in the open gencomp class in the udk medienhaus, berlin.
actual releasable tracks i'll combine both soundsources in reaper, maybe even stems processed with supercollider or recordings of supercollider live sessions.

technical details:
the lower section is the main unit with the neutron above (i have the standard red version) being mainly used for it's utility including the 2 oscs for modulation rather then "sound" but will be eventually replaced with stuff like the øchd etc.
the case is handmade with a friend and is maybe a tiny bit "bigger" then 84hp.

I just picked up ALM Busy Circuits Akamie's Taiko and having soo much fun with this module! It does drums and synth FM stuff quite nicely.
-- benscott

In demos, it sounds really cool indeed! I was looking at getting separate modules for each drum, specifically considering the WMD modules. It's actually the announcement of their closing that triggered this whole search for more drum power for me. But it gets really expensive quickly, splitting it all up. Crater+Chimera+Fracture were around €950 when I checked a week ago and they've just gone up to €1050.

I just found out about the Magerit Metro, which combines a crazy amount of functionality into 13hp. Sequencers, full drum machines, effects, you name it. For €200 as well! Honestly, it looks like an incredible offering for a starter module. If that would've been available and I'd known it, it would've been a serious competitor to the Squarp Rample I ended up purchasing.

I'm actually liking the LXR module more and more (virtually speaking - I don't have it yet). It's €500 and it's got up to 4 separate outs and 5 CVs. For the cymbals voice, it's actually using FM, so I'm pretty certain it can be used creatively.

If you have any other oddball suggestions, keep'em coming! That's what I love about this hobby - there's always new to discover, and what seems a great idea one day can be replaced by an entirely different approach the next day!

Nice example. I was on the fence with this module as I was trying to balance analog & digital, but I ended up ordering one anyway as the 80s Synthwave/Retro Electro vibe won out over reason and responsibility.

I'm going to run it via NerdSeq/MIDI, but I also got the expander for options. Now for 5-7 day shipping wait...

-- VOW3LLtheVAMPIRE

Thanks! I've been after on-board polyphony for some time now and when I first saw the Vector Wave pop up in a non-related video on YT I kinda knew it was what I needed and pre-ordered the module and the expander as soon as that was possible. I also look forward to controlling it with MIDI cc, though first I'll need some more cables for that.

this user has left ModularGrid

This year's major modular synth-investment for me was the new Vector Wave by RYK Modular (also picked up the gate/CV expander). After a few days of getting ourselves introduced to each other I find the RYK VW a very deep and complex module with true 4-voice polyphony, 16 oscillators, 2 x LFOs, 2 x EGs, a plethora of mod options, and more. I put together this really short piece by recording three different parts. Sequencing, gates and pitch CV by OP-1 via MI Yarns, fx by Mimeophon.
Thanks for watching.

Thread: Bug Report

It seems like you forgot to unescape somewhere ;)
-- lipoqil

The thin red line between Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability and a sledgehammer.
Thanks, should be fixed!

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

I just picked up ALM Busy Circuits Akamie's Taiko and having soo much fun with this module! It does drums and synth FM stuff quite nicely.

Well that one's on me: I completely missed your 3340 module in my perusal of your rack. I will listen to your track later today. Look forward to hearing it.
-- BerkleeGrad1984

Yeah, it's a little hidden thingie in an ever-expanding rack, but it's very, very good indeed. I just started playing with the FM, throwing in a chaotic envelope from Zadar, and that's the effect you're hearing in the tenor.

Really like the track. The opening sounds very JX-3P-ish, which really takes me back!
-- BerkleeGrad1984

Thanks, glad you like it! I actually borrowed a JX-8P from a friend back when they were actually still sold. That, and the Commodore 64's SID, are definitely a great part of my musical upbringing. Sounds you would never hear on a radio, even in the 80s when experimental was in the limelight.

Really like the track. The opening sounds very JX-3P-ish, which really takes me back!

There are no chickens, plenty of rather dumb Wood-pigeons about though squabbling with one another.

Cheers, Glad you enjoyed :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Good atmosphere, nice little ambient trip to start a Sunday afternoon thanks to this piece, the guinea pigs and your music-loving cat. A proper conditioning before joining my own home studio. (BTW do not forget to feed the chickens :)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Hello modularies,

I'm looking for a sequencer module (under 16HP preferably) with step input capabilities, i.e that has an input that can record the incoming voltage and store it to the current step.
The reason behind this is I want to be able to quickly input sequences directly from my WMD Monolith keyboard via its V/oct output into the sequencer.
Advise me!
Cheers.

I've not had time for Modular much lately, still noodling but I haven't recorded anything for a while. This started by Matrix mixing a VCO with some LFO's then wave folding some of it while letting the rest out fairly clean. I'm quite enjoying the twinkly stuff going into Mimeophon. Thanks for listening

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

my eurorack

Hi there im really new to Eurorack and so far what you see is what i got. I intend to use my Eurorack with an Arturia Keystep and some Pocket Operators from Teenage Engineering. Is there any Module im absolutely missing out that i need for this to work? I for sure want to get a new Oscillator, since Chips really isn't it even tho i like its quirkiness/brokeness. Which Oscillator should i get, what other modules would be great to get? The goal i have is to make some rather dark reverbed sounds, with some modulation possibilities.

It’s actually looking pretty good for a Behringer! For the more traditional sound, I have the CEM3340 based bOSC in there. That chip was used in the Prophet 5 and others and it's pretty great actually! I'm using it with FM in my track of yesterday on Soundcloud

-- Arrandan

Well that one's on me: I completely missed your 3340 module in my perusal of your rack. I will listen to your track later today. Look forward to hearing it.

-Reserved-

4 Moog Eurorack Cases 60 HP:

• Stacked with 4 tier rack kit by moog
  • 0-Ctrl taken out of it's oiginal case and mounted into the rack
  • Hole for the original 0-Ctrl power cable connector drilled into the left side of the wooden cheek and metal side plate of the housing moog case, aswell through the rack stand frame
  • 2 4ms Row Power 45 as power supply attatched through a custom cut opening with screw holes in the lower back region of the 2 inner // middle moog cases (plugged into a smarthome power socket to turn on and off)
  • Using the 4ms Barrel Jumper Cable (angled) to combine // chain both power supplies
  • Using Eurorack Busboard Extender by PUNKmodular to extend each flying busboard into a chained second busboard cable
  • Extended flying busboard cables are routed up from case 3 to case 4 and down from case 2 to case 1
  • Metal side plates aswell as case sides are filed down at one spot for the extended flying busboard cables to be routed through to corresponding other case to give their modules power

4ms Pod40X (powered version) 40 HP:

• Sitting to the right on my desk
  • I am not using the direct audio outputs of the ES-9 so its slightly shoved underneath a Keystep pro that is resting raised up on 2, 7cm high wooden blocks

thanks! Each module they create is a fully featured thing of its own in a robust enclosure.

Hello, just got a Doepfer PMS(😂)12u monster and was thinking about putting my 3 Moog's in like you have. Does the monster have any issues trying to power all 3 of those bad boys up at the same time?
Thank you for input.

I have a B-MonoPoly. I know it's not a module (and it's Behringer), but it's controllable via CV (along with all sorts of I/O: CV, MIDI, ETC). 4 oscillators and lots of other goodies (modulation-wise). It would inject a more "traditional" synth voice into your setup. It's also built very solidly, which I consider a real plus in this world of plastic-y crap.
-- BerkleeGrad1984

It’s actually looking pretty good for a Behringer! For the more traditional sound, I have the CEM3340 based bOSC in there. That chip was used in the Prophet 5 and others and it's pretty great actually! I'm using it with FM in my track of yesterday on Soundcloud