Very cool! I love all the little percussive mechanical bits
-- Gworn

Thanks Gworn. It was mainly achieved by blending enough of the original, plus some delay by the sounds, but I can't recall the rest of the patch. But it was one of those that just worked :)

Nebulae v2 (Bowed Drone mode) > Imitor Versio > Desmodus Versio > Starlab

Hello, everyone,

I would like to start a thread dealing with the 62hp Palette from Intellijel.

It's not a good starter case - best reserved for specific things like sequencing - to compliment a proper case

a much better (and by that I mean infinitely better) starter case is a Tiptop Mantis - it's 104hp with 2 rows which means that you will have space to expand (which you will need) - and it's the best by far case for hp/cost/good power/manufacturer reputation - and it is still very portable (unless you are a small child) - and it relieves you from the burden of 1u modules and the mostly superfluous preinstalled functions

The main module in the system should be Morphagene. All other modules should be based on it.

There are no modules based on the Morphagene - perhaps you mean compliment?

The basic idea for my rack is Morphagene as the first sound source. Tides V2 is the second sound source as an oscillator for atmospheric backings or for modulation. The 4 outputs can be modulated with Ochd via the two VCAs. Beads and FX Aid for the effects section and ears as input for external sound sources. Pamela's NEW Workout for clock and modulation

There is not enough space in a 62hp case for multiple voices and the support modules that are needed to provide the infrastructure that is needed to get them to work... please see my signature for a rough guide on how to get the most versatility from a modular synthesizer for the least cash

Have you got the ears yet? - it's a fantastic module, but it's discontinued (like almost all mutable instruments modules) and potentially difficult to get...

Having found the actual rack (so I could insert the link below) I've inferred that you are a guitar player - me too! I'd want a better input module - if I was starting now I would get a sonicsmith converter ev1 - this has the best pitch follower of any module and adds a vco that follows that pitch...

I'd also want i/o for pedals and some ways of controlling the modular with my feet (whilst playing the guitar) so some combination of foot switches and expression pedals - I'd look at addac for this - they do a great module that comes with a breakout box and some foot switches - you just have to add the expression pedals and you are good to go!!

another issue is that the modules are too cramped - once you have plugged in patch cables - at least some of the modules will have knobs that will not be accessible - eurorack is already very small and ignoring ergonomics can lead to completely unplayable synths - this is at least verging on it... especially aroud the fx aid...

not enough mixers imo!!!

how are you intending to provide pitch information to tides? no midi ->cv module, no sequencer... you could use pams, but it will only be a quantized, looped random signal... also remember that you will need to tune tides to your root note...

also I would strongly suggest doing some more research on modular synthesis - the modulation that you are describing is really just shaping notes from the sound sources - vcas are incredibly useful for other things as well - & for basic modulation - modulation -> attenuator/attenuverter -> modulayion input on module is a good way to go - whilst this is perhaps a little bit out of date, it is still a good learning resource - https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43964

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1947169.jpg

Here's the actual link to the rack - jpgs are useless for people trying to help you!!!

ModularGrid Rack

What would your setup look like around Morphagene in the 62 hp range or what would you change?

predominantly the case into a more sensible one, replace ears, add features that are useful for giutarists - replace the 1u modules with 3u so they will fit in the mantis

if you absolutely must have 1u - then I would want the noise tools module - all the rest are m'eh at best (can you tell I think 1u is an absolute waste of space?)

I look forward to interesting answers

-- FWGW

I hope it was interesting!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

this user has left ModularGrid

Same here well quite a few folks are talented and make cool beats on their modulars. Mastering my sequencers and tools has been important for me so I can get decent beats and patterns cooking and then adjust the rest.

Hello, everyone,

I would like to start a thread dealing with the 62hp Palette from Intellijel.

The main module in the system should be Morphagene. All other modules should be based on it.
The basic idea for my rack is Morphagene as the first sound source. Tides V2 is the second sound source as an oscillator for atmospheric backings or for modulation. The 4 outputs can be modulated with Ochd via the two VCAs. Beads and FX Aid for the effects section and ears as input for external sound sources. Pamela's NEW Workout for clock and modulation

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1947169.jpg

What would your setup look like around Morphagene in the 62 hp range or what would you change?

I look forward to interesting answers

Most of the tracks that I produce are too far out there to be music but over time, my skills develop and I come up with some good tunes.
-- sacguy71

I thought my music was too far out there until I went to a workshop with 8 other modular gearheads and heard what they were up to
Edit: fixed the quote

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Like New! Purchased just a few months ago from DM. Comes with box and cable. $385 free shipping. Thank you!

1) Modules usage of bus-signals

i think it would be helpful to add 2 properties to the module specs to have an overview which modules makes use of the 2 signal lines of the power bus:
Bus Gate: in | out | none | unknown
Bus CV: in | out | none | unknown

2) showing rack size in users rack list

for example this list modulargrid.net/e/users/view/200335
Some users have dozens of racks and wouldn't it be nice to see XU x YHP in this list without the need to open each racks detail view?

Some modular techno I made this week:

I am in an online modular group and we have a weekly modular music challenge that has me focused on mastering my gear. Most of the tracks that I produce are too far out there to be music but over time, my skills develop and I come up with some good tunes. I am really enjoying using my WMD Metron and WMD percussion modules to create beats lately and the Rossum Trident with Mob of Emus into my Rossum Morpheus Z Plane filter sounds incredible! I do find Hertz Donut a tricky beast to sound musical but with the Stillson Hammer (SH) thru the 1v/oct connection to cv on the SH that gets me more results. I clock the WMD Metron to the Stillson Hammer so melody and drums are in sync. All in all, endless fun!

can't get money back from the memories of the travel you used to spend the money on!!!

Kind of correct and I don't want to argue - but I can tell you my very extensive travel has shaped me as a person, which is obviously hard to put into monetary terms. Music is doing that, too, actually.

7u 104hp IS small - I have about 1800hp (not all filled) and sacguy77 has a decent sized rack too

Haha, I know! I'm so much behind but at this rate (full 7U 104hp in 4 months) I'll catch up with you in 3 years

screw them to the wall? put a desk in the living room/attic/cellar for the wife to work at?

I could box the Argon 8X that I'm not really using and set them up there. And anyway - room arrangements aren't done yet here. Heck, we don't even have doors yet!

I have no idea how many patch cables (I lost count at 300) or types of them I have...
screws - just get knurlies, they're great
-- JimHowell1970

This was very firmly tongue in cheek, of course. I have knurlies, too. Well worth the money. As for patch cables - if I would allow it to enter my mind, it would drive me crazy. There's such a variety in how they feel, bend, enter the jacks, ... I rather marvel at it in awe at how diverse this crazy hobby is rather than fret about it.

If I worried about minutiae like that, I'd probably not get any work done. Just learn to step back from the gear when the mind starts to wander, and toy with the same idea as a "thought experiment" until you get focused again. Composition's pretty kickass when you find yourself whipping tracks out at a fever pitch...but it takes quite some time to get to that point. Even so, over time you find that the superfluous shit becomes less distracting as your musical output grows. Equipment's one thing, but never underestimate the power of your own brain to sort things out.
-- Lugia

I must have been very convincing :-) I thought this was a sarcastic thread, as we all clearly love modular, and decided to join in!

I'm pretty happy with my rate of working. I've been having pretty complex ideas for sounds and I find that I can patch them fairly quickly, building up the track as I go along. Sometimes, my youngest son is scared in bed and wants somebody to lay down with him. I use that time to work out patches or song structure.

I have a thread with a few other people on gearspace where we exchange new tracks every day, which helps keep up the tempo. Modular is the best thing that happened to me in music.

Thread: Starter Rack

I have experience with regular synthesizers. I also have experience with semi Modular synthesizers (mother 32, neutron, DFam). I sold all my stuff a while back because of a financial hardship. I have been missing the noodling that I had with my mother 32 and Dfam and neutron. I always found the sequencers on stand alone synths to get boring and repetitive. My plan is this rack.

Goals:
Basic three voice jams with a Keystep pro (and controlling VST for drums)

Learning to have slow ambient (maybe self generating as I learn)

Looking to spend under 4k
Case will be a mantis
Advice would be appreciated

there's a briefcase type travel case for the mantis available if needed which looks really sturdy... can't remember the manufacturer though

I've taken mine on trains, planes and buses with no problem in just the normal carry case - whilst hauling a large bag as well, though!! but I do understand though, I wouldn't like to drop it too far!

I see Thom Yorke/The Smile tour with a mantis - I wonder what they use... possibly a pelican...

I can't imagine having to put my modular away,,, mind you, it's a bit difficult with 8 cases!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

-- JimHowell1970

Moneywise you're definitely right, the Mantis comes at an unbeatable price, especially considering the power. My current case is actually mantis and I'm happy with it. The only thing is that it's not very roadworthy. I'm currently also in a situation where I have to always put away my case after I'm done jamming, so the simplicity of having just one (main) case is pretty lucrative :<

I really appreciate the replies! I've kinda decided that, probably the smartest (not the cheapest) move in the longer run is to get an Intellijel 7U (104 HP) and get at least 2 quadratts and then some. If anybody is selling theirs and is willing to ship to Finland hit me up :)

I don't have any 1u (I think it's incredibly expensive* for what it is in terms of case cost - & I build most of my cases!) but if I did I'd want the intellijel noise tools module

*adding a 1u row to a case costs the same as a 3u row, can only hold 1/3rd the functionality and only saves 3.5" vertically

I'd buy 2 tiptop mantises over a intellijel 7u anyday!!! cheaper and way more usable hp plus arguably much better power!

Good one on the matrix mixer but the only one I've ever considered was the doepfer one, which is unfortunately huge. I've seen some smaller ones, but they usually lack the possibility for cv control, oh well, maybe one day!
-- sulo

the doepfer is incredibly well sized due to ergonomics - I have 2 smaller ones (pusherman and york modular) and they are too small and cramped

you might want to look out for a used rebel technology mix 04 - they are as far as I know discontinued - only 10hp, cv control over everything, but then you need more modules to control it!

I really appreciate the replies! I've kinda decided that, probably the smartest (not the cheapest) move in the longer run is to get an Intellijel 7U (104 HP) and get at least 2 quadratts and then some. If anybody is selling theirs and is willing to ship to Finland hit me up :)

Good one on the matrix mixer but the only one I've ever considered was the doepfer one, which is unfortunately huge. I've seen some smaller ones, but they usually lack the possibility for cv control, oh well, maybe one day!

Nice points, Lugia.

Personally, starting semi-modular (Minibrute 2s & Neutron) has been the best way to go. While I now have built up a collection of modules, the semi modulars continue to inspire and have given me a solid base to explore and learn whilst saving money.

Productivity wise, I find that I have become better at finishing tracks since going modular. Recently I have been working on a patch during the week, working out the musical paths in the patch, and then committing to recording in the weekend. Horses for courses of course.

Thanks again for your post. :)

Another disadvantage is that the simplest things can become obsessive. Take patch cables. I have several varieties, which is OK. But I start fretting about how this one is way too flexible, and that one isn't flexible enough. These are way too long, but those are much too short to really route them well. The fit in this module isn't great, but the others don't really do it better. It's hell because there's incredible choice about everything. You ever looked at screws for your modules? Agh! Really! Who has this as a hobby anyway!?
-- Arrandan

Heh...this is why those of us who went through the mindwrench that is a typical "conservatory-type" musical training eventually learn that you have to discipline your mind to ignore things like that. My studio has HUGE jackfields for all of the routing to/from/around the Soundcraft FIVE here; as for an actual count of patchpoints, I think I gave up counting all of that once or twice before. "A lot" seems more correct. But all I worry about with those, the modular "sandbox" gear, and so on is that I've got things hooked up right...and everything else becomes superfluous. And this is with several different plug formats, to boot: the lab gear is all set up for RCA patching, the big bays all do 1/4", the majority of the modular stuff does the 3.5mm thing, and then the Mescaline, AE, and Bastl toys all work with pinwires, as does my Frederick Haer quad window comparator (except for the few BNCs on it that have RCA adapters, that is).

If I worried about minutiae like that, I'd probably not get any work done. Just learn to step back from the gear when the mind starts to wander, and toy with the same idea as a "thought experiment" until you get focused again. Composition's pretty kickass when you find yourself whipping tracks out at a fever pitch...but it takes quite some time to get to that point. Even so, over time you find that the superfluous shit becomes less distracting as your musical output grows. Equipment's one thing, but never underestimate the power of your own brain to sort things out.

I'm in the peculiar situation where I travelled a lot in the past, but I'm not anymore because I have a fairly young family. And I feel the disappearing money more in my shame about it than in my wallet. Which is good, because it makes me rethink every purchase 17 times so I don't make impulse purchases. It also gives me time to really get to know the new modules before I add even more.

but the money hasn't disappeared - it's embedded in a synthesizer... ok so some has disappeared, but it's still actually worth some cash if you decided to sell it tomorrow you'd get a decent chhunk of it back and the rest you have enjoyed - can't get money back from the memories of the travel you used to spend the money on!!!

Still, I've arrived at the point where space is becoming an issue. I wanted to start small but thanks to Jim's advice, I got an Intellijel 7U. It was a great idea at the time, so thanks again. And now it's nearly full. I usually take it down when my wife needs to use the studio to work from home. But if I should get a second 7U, I'd very much want to install it permanently somewhere, which means rethinking the room... again!

hahaha...

7u 104hp IS small - I have about 1800hp (not all filled) and sacguy77 has a decent sized rack too

screw them to the wall? put a desk in the living room/attic/cellar for the wife to work at?

Another disadvantage is that the simplest things can become obsessive. Take patch cables. I have several varieties, which is OK. But I start fretting about how this one is way too flexible, and that one isn't flexible enough. These are way too long, but those are much too short to really route them well. The fit in this module isn't great, but the others don't really do it better. It's hell because there's incredible choice about everything. You ever looked at screws for your modules? Agh! Really! Who has this as a hobby anyway!?

-- Arrandan

I have no idea how many patch cables (I lost count at 300) or types of them I have...

screws - just get knurlies, they're great

Feature request:

Allow 90 degree module rotation and mounting of 1U modules into adapters like this one please:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/abyss-devices-1u-to-3u-adapter-intellijel

I searched first, couldn't find this requested yet, apologies if this is a duplicate.

For me the cost financially to buy modules and space required for a studio are really the only negatives. I do mostly weird experimental stuff that modular seems to excel at compared to traditional synths and I spend all day at work on a computer so the hands on tactile feel of patching cables to make sound is very attractive therapy. Plus I was not able to travel for vacations overseas for 2.5 years so the money I would have spent on vacations was funneled to modular instead. Love it! But now I have a lot of modules and no need to buy anything for a long time until I can master my gear and make tracks I enjoy.
-- sacguy71
I'm in the peculiar situation where I travelled a lot in the past, but I'm not anymore because I have a fairly young family. And I feel the disappearing money more in my shame about it than in my wallet. Which is good, because it makes me rethink every purchase 17 times so I don't make impulse purchases. It also gives me time to really get to know the new modules before I add even more.

Still, I've arrived at the point where space is becoming an issue. I wanted to start small but thanks to Jim's advice, I got an Intellijel 7U. It was a great idea at the time, so thanks again. And now it's nearly full. I usually take it down when my wife needs to use the studio to work from home. But if I should get a second 7U, I'd very much want to install it permanently somewhere, which means rethinking the room... again!

You have a lot of nice modules here, with much scope for experimentation (even without A*B+C and Compare 2). About all I might suggest would be some attenuverters (3xMIA or similar). I think that, more than new acquisitions, you probably need to think of ways to shake up or freshen up your patching routine. Maybe focus on one or two modules at a time and really see what you can do with those at the centre, bringing in others for support as needed.

Very cool! I love all the little percussive mechanical bits

matrix mixers are good - primarily imo for creating more, complex modulation... take copies of 4 modulation sources and mix them together in varying amounts to produce 4 more different, but related modulation sources... I like the doepfer as it id both inexpensive and ergonomic

also sequential switches (and switches in general) can be really handy - again doepfer is great for this

re pams - not going to recommend it as such - just going to note that any "dictation in how to patch" your modular is you and not any particular module - especially given what Pams can do...

Ok so, I'll bite. I'm kinda mostly using my rack for feedbacky weirdness, textural fart sounds and other not-so-melodic stuff, however I'd really love to get more out of it. Initially I kinda wanted to go slightly serge-esque route but I got somehow lost in the way. I'm quite sure that the general consensus of recommendations will be "get rid of akemie's and some other osc and get some more modulation/utility, which is all fine; I just don't know what the heck I should go for (Batumi comes to mind for some reason) I haven't actually gotten a*b+c or compare2 but I like the way I could use the former to scale and offset (also with cv!) and compare2 seems like an interesting thing to explore. I got rid of Pamela's new workout cause I felt it dictates too much how to patch my system so pls don't recommend it. B)

ModularGrid Rack

Thank you guys so much!

Lovely stuff Gworn - how are you sequencing? What else is in the patch?
-- gumbo23

Thanks for listening Gumbo! Rings is being sequenced by the Turing machine -> Pico Quant. Pam is sending a sine wave to modulate the Structure input of Rings, which I believe is in "sympathetic strings" mode if I'm not mistaken. Triplatt is used to attenuate the audio signal from Rings (it was slamming my mixer). The accompanying voice is coming from MicroFreak (an arp with ample spice+dice). Both voices are fed through the Valhalla Supermassive plugin in the DAW.

And if you like "tactile", sacguy, you could always take the big, weird, anachronistic leap into lab gear...boogie like they did in Cologne in 1956!

Seriously! Fact is, while synthesizers were supposed to "replace" all of that gear in electronic music, there's aspects of the sound that NOT having this gear causes one to miss out on. Back while I was in undergrad at MTSU, my comp prof and I toyed with the idea of dragging ourselves up to the State Warehouses in Nashville and reallocating some choice bits to the studio there. That never got done, but I did carry the idea on to my own studio and started adding that stuff from the start. And it turns out, it's just like synthesizers; I got my UBMs for $30 apiece, for example...and these days, if you even can FIND a Rohde u. Schwarz UBM, it's gonna cost! Then in the recent upgrades (still going on...I've got a dedicated VCV machine in the pipeline for installation this week), I added even MORE of that sound with the addition of a buttload of snags from eBay. It's easier and easier to find all of the "old" synths these days, especially as redone module versions, but test gear still has that "mystery" to it and isn't easy to find...or, quite often, to make sense of.

Another Mantis vote here. Don't start in a single-row skiff, as you'll either...

1) jam it full of tiny modules to the point where you have no room to get your fingers in, or...

2) build 2/3rds of a synth, because that's what you've got usable room for.

Small form factor modules DO have uses...they're not bad for things you don't need to tweak often (if at all) and various utility functions, but as main modules...nuh-uh. Case in point is in the build above: if you're going to be cranking on the VCF's cutoff (a very common technique, particularly if you're working out a "builder" track), you'll be having no fun whatsoever doing that while studiously avoiding the VCO's tune control.

It's a running problem. Manufacturers use that to keep their listings from being "vandalized"...despite the fact that the main source for info is, more often than not, crowdsourced from MG's users. Bugs me from the standpoint that if MG users find something that a module does that's NOT listed as a tag by the manufacturer, it's difficult to get that tag added.

An effect pedal interface? There's no reason why not, although it's sort of wasteful in that you're planning on making no use of half the module.

Go dig through Ladik's modules...there's some better/cheaper/smaller solutions to this sort of problem in their lineup.

Very true and I don’t regret it in fact modular is most fun I’ve had years in music stuff.

For me the cost financially to buy modules and space required for a studio are really the only negatives.
-- sacguy71

and they're not really negatives as such... you'd only spend the money on something else and fill the space with other crap...

@JimHowell1970

you'll almost definitely need more vcas then... they are one of the most fundamental parts of a synthesizer... they are incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio - and being able to be used individually is very helpful

I planned to get some attenuators yes, and i heard that Veils had amplifiers that actually amplify.
Ok, now what's the difference between unipolar attenuators and vcas (for which ones don't amplify) ? I ask because i'ld prefer add attenuverters if they can act like "bipolar" vcas..

attenuators (unipolar) reduce the amount of the signal that is sent through them - according to a potentiometer (knob or trimmer)

attenuverters (bipolar) reduce the amount of the signal that is sent through them and invert the signal (before 12 o'clock) - according to a potentiometer (knob or trimmer)

vcas - generally behave like unipolar attenuators - some can amplify too - and are voltage controlled and may or may not have knobs to adjust this

bipolar vcas - are similar to unipolar vcas - but can invert the signal sent through them

personally I don't have any bipolar vcas - I have an inverter that I can use (malekko invmix) if I want an inverted vca - they can also be used as ring modulators - but I have a dedicated one of those and one in a disting so no real need...

the other modules are all incredibly useful and fundamental to modular synthesis

doesn't the studiolive have a headphone socket? attenuators are always useful!
there's a great headphone module from alm busy circuits called hpo

Yes it has. But i leave my 32 tracks at home when I travel :)

the a mixer with a headphone amp or an output module with headphones - personally I would go for the alm hpo as it is 2hp...

the outputs from tex-mex are modular level... really your mixer should be fine...

Regarding all the comments, yes it should be fine.

Besides that, for the MI Stages, I wonder if the qienem firmware update allows the module to be used as 6 vcas.

I just had a quick check and you can apparently get it to behave like 3 vcas - but they're not really that great - I would seriously suggest investing in a quad cascading vca - they are an incredibly useful investment

Anyway it is a question that remains to be studied, and even if it means remedying it, perhaps it is desirable to solve my I/O issue at the same time. I understand your first comment better.
-- Lijcke

nb. the tex-mix has both headphone outs and vcas on the mono-channels, BUT it is wise to remember that vcas are useful not only for audio, but also for modulation and it is not uncommon to use multiple vcas on the same signal path - for example both note shaping and volume over time

hope this helps

@plragde

The mixer issue isn't so much digital vs analog as whether it can handle a hot signal, and I think most can. The Presonus Studio Live seems to have a gain control that can lower as much as -20dB, which should be enough (-13.5dB is what's needed). But I still think it's much easier to have an output module and not worry about any of this.

Thanks, i didn't even seen that -20db on the pot..

@JimHowell1970

you'll almost definitely need more vcas then... they are one of the most fundamental parts of a synthesizer... they are incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio - and being able to be used individually is very helpful

I planned to get some attenuators yes, and i heard that Veils had amplifiers that actually amplify.
Ok, now what's the difference between unipolar attenuators and vcas (for which ones don't amplify) ? I ask because i'ld prefer add attenuverters if they can act like "bipolar" vcas..

Yes it has. But i leave my 32 tracks at home when I travel :)

the outputs from tex-mex are modular level... really your mixer should be fine...

Regarding all the comments, yes it should be fine.

Besides that, for the MI Stages, I wonder if the qienem firmware update allows the module to be used as 6 vcas.
Anyway it is a question that remains to be studied, and even if it means remedying it, perhaps it is desirable to solve my I/O issue at the same time. I understand your first comment better.

Lovely stuff Gworn - how are you sequencing? What else is in the patch?

Some new ambient chillrightout music

Morphagene and/or Nebulae, through Starlab, Timiszoara and Desmodus Versio

@Gworn, same here. I just do this for fun and creating weird stuff is exciting. I never know what result I will get even if I craft patch and sequencer perfectly.

Very poetic and drony. Nicely done! I also like creating weird experimental stuff on my modular.
-- sacguy71

Thanks sac guy. All of my music is experimental by default (because I have no idea what I'm doing!)

For me the cost financially to buy modules and space required for a studio are really the only negatives. I do mostly weird experimental stuff that modular seems to excel at compared to traditional synths and I spend all day at work on a computer so the hands on tactile feel of patching cables to make sound is very attractive therapy. Plus I was not able to travel for vacations overseas for 2.5 years so the money I would have spent on vacations was funneled to modular instead. Love it! But now I have a lot of modules and no need to buy anything for a long time until I can master my gear and make tracks I enjoy.

Very poetic and drony. Nicely done! I also like creating weird experimental stuff on my modular.

I got a mantis case I dont use for sale if you Are in EU

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Groovy dude I dig it!

To celebrate the 4th and cats since modular is all about cool cats making beats, I present a weird funky experimental track!

Now, I know that certain folks here like that NG dude will hate it but don't listen then!

patch info in the video description
thanks for watching

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

The original Amp & Tone is 16hp. The 2020 version is 10hp. Which do you have? Nothing else is really like it, in 10hp no less.
-- bopodoq

I have the 10 HP

I have a field kit fx for vcas but since it’s a vca mixer they’re merged on the output.. however I may not realise how much I will miss vcas (what you see on the rack url is what I planned to get but haven’t filled all the space yet).
What is a « quad cascading one » ?

a quad cascading vca is 4 vcas that can be used as a mixer, but can also be split to use individually or severally - veils is a good example

For trigger, pitch and gate I also have a keystep and an mpc one (as a midi interface with the rest of my studio for sequencing). I intend to be satisfied with it for the moment given the staggering sums involved in the transition to modular.

sounds like a plan

Regarding the connection of my system without attenuation to my studio mixer, my mixer is digital (presonus studiolive), so I avoid clipping at all costs then it leads me to always watch the vu-meter (which is right behind me). And, might be wrong but I think attenuators are kind of a second hand solution for my purpose, especially because the output issue comes from the need of headphones socket.

@Cangore thanks, I already took a look on that module and yes it could finally fix all of my needs. But i still expect to find finer solution. Now, regarding that perfection doesn’t exists and since I don’t own an es-9, an harvest man quad pedal send and a proper solution with input gain +30db, I should consider taking 10hp for that.

I have to confess that my case seems too be already too small… 😐
-- Lijcke

unless you build in 30%+ for expansion they always do... hehehe