Hi Klodifokan,

Thanks a lot for your additional list :-) I had a look at the available pictures of the PCBs of your mentioned 4ms modules. The pictures are either to unclear or I just can't find it (hence the reason why I didn't mention it), so I will rely here on your information :-)

How about the RCD expander module? And the SCM expander module? --> these are not using +5 V
Are you sure about the SWN (Spherical Wavetable Navigator) and the PEG (Pingable Envelope Generator)? I couldn't find any applicable jumper on those PCBs.

I have updated the table accordingly:

Manufacturer Module +5 V usage Comments
4ms QCD Expander can use +5 V
4ms Quad Clock Distributor (QCD) can use +5 V
4ms Quad Pingable LFO can use +5 V sold out
4ms Rotating Clock Divider (RCD) can use +5 V
4ms Shuffling Clock Multiplier (SCM) can use +5 V
4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator (SMR) can use +5 V
4ms VCAMatrix can use +5 V
Bizmuth Bizmuth must use +5 V
Klavis Quadigy must use +5 V
Mordax Data can use +5 V
Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter (BIA) can use +5 V
Tesseract Sweet Sixteen can use +5 V
vpme.de Euclidean Circles v2 must use +5 V

Anyone who has experience with Markdown who can help me with the table setup? Why it doesn't work, I am following the Markdown syntax but it seems not to work.

Please feel free to mention further modules that must use or can use + 5 V as long as they are still available (or for the famous ones those who just were sold out, are still all right to mention too).

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

Edit: Added the Euclidean Circles as mentioned by Justarandomgeek, our posts crossed each other :-)
Edit2: The expander modules, as mentioned above, don't use +5 V, updated accordingly.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Euclidean Circles is another must-5v for your list!

Just a note on QoP sample switching. The SD card is on the back of the unit, so you have to remove your module to get at it, so this is not the kind of module for regular sample switching. ...
-- mbl77

I wonder how badly things would go if one were to use a little ribbon cable extender to break out backside microsd slots to a 1-2hp module with a frontside slot or two (or three? however many fit i guess)

Something like https://www.amazon.com/Chenyang-Memory-Female-Extension-Extender/dp/B07QXPG8HG ought to be a decent test if somebody wants to do some science...

Edit: probably worth noting though, modules with backside slots likely don't expect card hotswaps!
-- justarandomgeek

I was thinking the same thing a few days ago, if I do end up getting the QoP later, I am willing to try. Not sure how dense the PCB was that they could not fit it on the front etc.

@JimHowell1970, Thanks for the help so far, can you take one last look?

If this can be case no1 then imo I'd drop the 1u - I think 1u is massively overrated - and get a couple of mantises (which will only cost about the same as 1 7u intellijel case)

Yeah, I hear you. Squeezing out an extra 1U if you have one portable case can work. Problem is I have it now, and will need to make the best use of it. Live and learn.

watch out for the endorphin.es use of trs cables - most modular uses ts...

Yes, one reason I went with the 1u control module, it has 1 stereo in, and the rest are 2x mono ins per channel versus the 3U version. I think I am limited to the one grand terminal stereo out now, and it comes with trs to ts splitter.

as for falistri over maths - urgh - again personal preference, but I think the frap tools aesthetic is awful, cramped and all over the place!!!

I took a look falistri, but will go with Maths. Plus if I dont like it - which i doubt it probably easier to unload then falistri.

I'd definitely only start with the single pams - 2 veils is good though... probably...

"Probably", as in I should get a different VCA for my second, or not enough VCAs? If the former, what would you suggest? If it is the later, I would get something when i hit the wall. I am lucky and live 15 min walk to a well stocked music/audio store that carries a good selections of quad VCAs etc; though not Veils that I am ordering online.

I'd try to do less in this case (1/2 the sound sources) and try to work out what support modules you need, get those and learn how to use them properly before expanding into a 2nd case

Honestly feeling a total newb, so need some help on this one. I been thinking it is the primary oscillators (Furthrrr in complex mode and Plaits), or do you also consider things like Beads or looping one of the Grand Centrals generators to audible range? I wasn't planning at first to use Beads and GC in that manner to start, but as you pointed out I need to figure out how to best use all the kit properly first before adding on more; totally agreement on this one.

have fun!!

-- JimHowell1970

I have cut down the initial starter below. I already have the mutable instruments, except veils; the endorphin.es Furthrrr and GC, and PNW. Not planning to purchase the QoP drum module for now, will think about the $$$ rack versus separate approach. In the mean time I can use Disting samples, Plaits, or from core oscillators if I am feeling crazy for percussion :P

Was looking to keep the 1u gateway module to mix and final output to interface, along with milkyway for effects. I have the Disting EX for or "crap i need another X", and to quantize for sure. Plan to drive the rack with CV outs keystep pro, and deal with getting something fancier (Midi to CV, or other later).

Any glaring holes below that will limit me starting, or is there 1-2 modules you would add?

ModularGrid Rack

Hi Garfield,

A lot of 4ms module has a jumper to use or not 5v from bus.
QCD and its expander, Quad pingable lfo, VCA Matrix, SCM, SWN, PEG and as you said RCD and SMR.

You can add this to your list.

Cheers

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
I got myself a few Rings (mutable instruments) clones and made a few very fun patches that I have captured in this video. It's all explained on screen.
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
j'ai essayé plusieurs clones du Rings de Mutable Instruments : Rangoon, que j'ai gardé et un µrings un peu plus confort que les autres µ. Je me suis amusé à extraire 7 patches de mes expérimentations. le détail à l'écran.
bon visionnage !
timetable :
0:11 house of chords
01:39 onion rings
03:12 factory of storm
04:33 FMish bassish
06:09 big in Asia
07:32 percussional
09:31 vas-y très molo

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
I got myself a few Rings (mutable instruments) clones and made a few very fun patches that I have captured in this video. It's all explained on screen.
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
j'ai essayé plusieurs clones du Rings de Mutable Instruments : Rangoon, que j'ai gardé et un µrings un peu plus confort que les autres µ. Je me suis amusé à extraire 7 patches de mes expérimentations. le détail à l'écran.
bon visionnage !
timetable :

Français plus bas.
Hi fam!
happy watching!
Français :
Hello la fami, ca va ?
bon visionnage !
timetable :

Just a note on QoP sample switching. The SD card is on the back of the unit, so you have to remove your module to get at it, so this is not the kind of module for regular sample switching. ...
-- mbl77

I wonder how badly things would go if one were to use a little ribbon cable extender to break out backside microsd slots to a 1-2hp module with a frontside slot or two (or three? however many fit i guess)

Something like https://www.amazon.com/Chenyang-Memory-Female-Extension-Extender/dp/B07QXPG8HG ought to be a decent test if somebody wants to do some science...

Edit: probably worth noting though, modules with backside slots likely don't expect card hotswaps!

Hi,

all I wanted to do, was look for a way to control my DFAM from my desk or preferably DAW and I ended up falling into some kind of eurorack trance, where I took the last 3 days to try to 'solve' assembling a proper case. I'm kinda healed for now. This is what I came up with (below), after assigning a more fixed purpose to the build (at first I thought "great I can get a BBD & spring reverb!" but i had to quickly realize to prepare all those things for stereo processing is not worth the effort, sadly).

Some notes on purpose: What I usually do when producing is creating loops and mangling them with heavy modulation in bitwig, multifx (triad, hy-filter 4 that kind of thing), stacked comps, chained reverbs etc. I then print those loops and slice them again using the new slices in creating the actual track. Now, I'm trying to do this same process assisted with my eurorack case and also have better integration of my DFAM (which i avoid using atm, as its too much trouble). That's the goal with the case.

Some notes on the module selection: The top row has lots of stereo units, because I want to use it as a stereo processing chain from an external signal. That's why there are also 2 Antidotes. In my imagination, I can use those Antidotes as a dual channel signal processor. Love the sound of it, love bbd and the broken strings that come out but not sure it will be useful in the way I imagine. The single OSC + Noise is there for layering. I can also use the Multimode Filter + Noise to create a snare or hihat sound to use with the DFAM. The smooth oscs of the DFAM should also go well with the Antidote as contrast. There's only 3 VCAs now and thats maybe not enough. I honestly forgot that the Noise is a voice as well. The Antidotes don't take VCAs for loundness as far as I understand, i didnt count the DFAM and then it was basically 1 voice (+noise). Data Bender, Inertia, Ataxia are there to bring variation to the loops (with Pam). But honestly, I don't really understand what Inertia does practically (how I would use it) but it sounds like something I want to use.

Trade-offs: I decided in Pam over FH-2 because I wanted a dynamic clock source to start thats more hands on, even tho I have a launchpad so FH-2 would be great for midi sequencing. I would also like to have an EQ in there at some point, a better way to interface with my daw (ES-8 e.g.) and an envelope sequencer (Maestro). I decided to skip on disting/ex for now, as I want to integreate the setup tighter with my DAW and see what digital functions I would really want after (and no need for e.g. sample based voice or a dsp granulator etc.).

Questions: (a) I'm not sure Data Bender is a good idea. I really like Data Benders concept but its basically alot of what I do ITB and maybe I shouldnt just try to recreate my ITB workflow (because this rack should add something different). Maybe someone has an opinion on this? (b) I'm not really sure how I would use rise/fall practically (offsets and signal delays to a lesser extend). Also the whole VCA thing still throws me off, I understand conceptually, why i need them but I never think about VCAs ITB and I don't yet understand why I wouldnt just get a FH-2 + expander and just do everything over those units. (b.2) With that im not fully sure what Inertia/Demix will do but I hope, I'll learn after getting a couple modules to start out.

Right now I only have the DFAM (and a Model D), so my plan is to actually get the Mantis case (this one already became cramped at the end and I would like to have the DFAM inside the rack for practicality reasons) and maybe 4 modules + i/o. I would probably start with something like DFAM + Eumonia, Ataxia, Antidote + Pam and some I/O. Im not decided yet on the midi & i/o part.

TL/DR: Man seeks to mangle audio from DAW and create quirky loops with DFAM. Did he do this right?

If you made it through the long write up (or not :>), what do you think? Is there anything conceptually or practically broken with this case layout in regards of what I want to do?

ModularGrid Rack

Just a note on QoP sample switching. The SD card is on the back of the unit, so you have to remove your module to get at it, so this is not the kind of module for regular sample switching. You might have more flexibility and a better workflow with an Erica Synths Sample Drum or Squarp Rample, and then a smaller drum module, eg. the VPME Quad Drum (with expander).

If this can be case no1 then imo I'd drop the 1u - I think 1u is massively overrated - and get a couple of mantises (which will only cost about the same as 1 7u intellijel case)

watch out for the endorphin.es use of trs cables - most modular uses ts...

as for falistri over maths - urgh - again personal preference, but I think the frap tools aesthetic is awful, cramped and all over the place!!!

I'd definitely only start with the single pams - 2 veils is good though... probably...

I'd try to do less in this case (1/2 the sound sources) and try to work out what support modules you need, get those and learn how to use them properly before expanding into a 2nd case

have fun!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi klodifokan, All,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. So the list I have so far (I added myself one module as well the Bizmuth, that one must use +5 V, no jumper), is like this:

4ms Rotating Clock Divider (RCD) can use +5 V
4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator (SMR) can use +5 V
Bizmuth Bizmuth must use +5 V
Klavis Quadigy must use +5 V
Mordax Data can use +5 V
Noise Engineering Basimilus Iteritas Alter (BIA) can use +5 V
Tesseract Sweet Sixteen can use +5 V

Then there is the Quad Clock Distributor (QCD) from 4ms but I can't see from the pictures if it really has a jumper or not, it's a bit unclear, anyone who can clarify this matter who owns this module and check it out?

Anyone else who knows about a module (not those very old ones that uses +5 V) that is rather recent and preferable still available for sales, please let us know and I will add them to the list :-)

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

1) 2x veils because I got overloaded with options for 2nd Quad VCA. Wasnt 100% on the Malekko read bleeds noise
2) Is 2x Disting + O&C to much - flexibility
3) Is 2x PNW overkill? I can always start with 1x PNW & 1x Veils (or other Quad VCA)
4) Having PNW, Disting, and O&C feels like a bit to much menus. Can I get away with 1 level deep changes?
5) Still have Endorphin.es complex OCI, will still look at others (tiptop), thanks for pointing me to the Brenso. Still researching
6) Kept plaits for 2nd easy to select voice
7) Still have queen of pentacles in there, I like the idea of nob turning etc. over keypad interfaces. Had 3 analog drums, and 4 samples I can switch around.
8) Effects - resonator, data bender, etc. What module would you switch out to get one in, and which one?
9) Get rid of O&C 1U and get some buffered or un-buffered mults?
-- endyii

The beauty of modular is you can do whatever you want

IMO:
Drop one Pam's and one Veils to leave room for Beads

Take a look at Falistri instead of Maths. If you choose Falistri a CV attenuverter / mixer would be a nice addition. Something like Frap Tools 321 or Happy Nerding 3x MIA

Mults would be a waste of space.

another idea just for fun
-- 33PO

Thanks for ideas. I think I will keep the sequencer out of the rack and use a Midi - CV interface and external CV-outs direct to modules if needed.

Added: Arbhar, Dual Disting for Flexibility - quantizing, etc. , 2x PNW so 16 outs for clock or LFOs with random/euclidean/etc, 2x veils for VCA, Maths for wackiness/flexibility, and 1U Ornament and Crime for more flexibility.

Couple Things
1) 2x veils because I got overloaded with options for 2nd Quad VCA. Wasnt 100% on the Malekko read bleeds noise
2) Is 2x Disting + O&C to much - flexibility
3) Is 2x PNW overkill? I can always start with 1x PNW & 1x Veils (or other Quad VCA)
4) Having PNW, Disting, and O&C feels like a bit to much menus. Can I get away with 1 level deep changes?
5) Still have Endorphin.es complex OCI, will still look at others (tiptop), thanks for pointing me to the Brenso. Still researching
6) Kept plaits for 2nd easy to select voice
7) Still have queen of pentacles in there, I like the idea of nob turning etc. over keypad interfaces. Had 3 analog drums, and 4 samples I can switch around.
8) Effects - resonator, data bender, etc. What module would you switch out to get one in, and which one?
9) Get rid of O&C 1U and get some buffered or un-buffered mults?

ModularGrid Rack

oh almost forgot, ability to run 2 different effects, in such a small unit, a nice addition, guess the fv1 chip isn't strong enough, maybe 1 day there will be multiple in's and out's, still running 2 effects possible ?
-- Gravitymike

According to the effects list, there will be a few dual algo, like for example reverb on left and delay on right side, tho' they share the same controls so not that much tweakable in that situation, but I'm pretty sure those will be of a great help at some points

another idea just for fun

ModularGrid Rack

Left side is sequencing (Varigate + Voltage Block) and drums (BIA & LXR)

Right side is a complex oscillator (Brenso), a little modulation (Nano Rand & Falistri) and effects (Arbar, Data Bender & Freez).

Pamela's New Workout, more modulation and some CV attenuation/mixing would be great additions

Keep the MI modules. Plaits and Beads are amazing

Erica make good modules and, I guess it's their prerogative, but it seems like they never update the digital modules with any extra features or stream-lining of UI. They make sure there are no bugs and then move onto the next module. So be sure you like what it is when you first try it, because it won't change at all down the road.

Thanks for the feedback Jim and Lugia!

I’ve changed the image to a link to the rack.

I was planning to use a multi channel desktop mixer to do stereo mixing, eq, and add light reverb/delay.

Would that be appropriate?

Well, if money's a major issue here, I would suggest that your first move should be to replace all of that Endorphin.es stuff.

I guess the money statement was poorly worded. It’s not an issue. Also my response to JimHowell1970 this can be case #1. Looking to start with a couple voices, and drums if possible with one out of techno, industrial, or house; and some ambient to chill too. If I pick up a drum machine, really anything, it won’t be from uli. I rather support smaller manufacturers and stores, and pay the extra money ie. endorphin.es.

I’ll take a look at tiptop, but space is not as big of an issue as I am willing to get another case. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

other than that i guess its kind of cool, not sure if its got real modular synthesis or its purely dps on a circuit, still cool module, with a couple of separate outputs, cv ect always great.
-- Gravitymike

I like the 'bring your own sequencer' aspect of it. The biggest questions for me is how will they implement CV to parameter mapping, and will saving sounds/kits/etc be simple. The reason I sold my LXR-02 was because while I really liked the sound a lot, I found the workflow pretty complicated, particularly when it came to saving things, and doing detailed sequence editing. A lot of bouncing between menu pages.

trying to do too much in too small a space imo

where is the modulation sources and utilities that are really needed to make the most of expensive shiny modules??? see my signature for some hints...

you'll almost definitely want more than a keystep pro to sequence the drum synth module (probably want 8 trigger/gate outputs just for that) and the melodic voices you have in there...
-- JimHowell1970

Okay. This can be rack case one, I can get a 2nd case once comfortable with the first one. I pretty set on the following Endorphin.es shuttle modules -> furthrrr, grand terminal, and drum module. Next is the gateway and golden master for mixing and final processing. The rest I am flexible, the DIY kits are just for relearning electronics , and the mutable instruments are sealed and can be returned. Do you have any specific suggestions for case number #1 and # of vca, lfos, and utilities?

Concerning the key step pro, was planning to connect it via usb to the shuttle controller that has 16 cv/gates out. Or will this not work? Works with the beatstep pro from what I understand.

Well, if money's a major issue here, I would suggest that your first move should be to replace all of that Endorphin.es stuff. It's spendy, and you can get the same things (if not better!) for less money. Kinda big, too...for example, the Furthurrr Gen is $779 and 30 hp. OR...Tiptop's Buchla 258, which is $200, and if you miss the waveshaper, you can add the Dannysound Timbre, which is based on the Buchla 259's waveshaping circuitry for another $100 and change. But not only does that save money, it saves space...the 258 is 18 hp, and the waveshaper is only 6, and that leaves a new 6 hp space to add something else.

Since you've been out of the game for a while, these days things are all about trying for maximum functionality with best-case $$$ outlays while NOT wrecking the ergonomics. It's very doable, but this isn't like whipping up some basic gear anymore. There's so many choices that you've sort of got to sort out what you want the build to DO before coming up with a build plan.

One other thing...drum machines in modular are HELLA expensive. You can do them, sure...but remember, you need the voicing AND its sequencer. Now, the Queen of Pentacles is $669 for starters, and you're still looking at outlay for a suitable pattern sequencer on top of that. So...$1k tends to be around the spot most of these come in at, and that's just not tenable when you can get a decent (and very 909-ish) machine like Uli's RD-9 for perhaps a THIRD of that. And yes, it'll lock right up to whatever sync the modular's using. Oh, and you get back another 30 hp for use elsewhere in the build. In short: if an answer exists outside of modular, it's often better to take THAT instead of using hp and cash to make it happen in the cab.

trying to do too much in too small a space imo

where is the modulation sources and utilities that are really needed to make the most of expensive shiny modules??? see my signature for some hints...

you'll almost definitely want more than a keystep pro to sequence the drum synth module (probably want 8 trigger/gate outputs just for that) and the melodic voices you have in there...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Ahhh...yeah, probably a fubar attempt to post an A-178 which got some things wrong...user probably deleted it.

OK...took a shot at this. I didn't put in a few modules (Kickall, Ears, Branches, Shades) because the Palette has some better ways of addressing what those do. Kickall, however, just didn't fit in with where this went, however, the Ears was dropped in deference to the Intellijel Stereo In, Shades gets dealt with by the two DuATTs, and Branches just...didn't really fit either, mainly because that works better if there's some logic to work with as well, and there's not.

So, looking at this as a monosynth, I went with a relatively straightforward approach...
ModularGrid Rack
Tiles: Stereo Input (from the Palette's first 1/4" jack pair), and MIDI interface, then a DuATT bookending each end of a Noise Tools (clock, noise source, S&H, slew limiter). A Stereo VCA and a Stereo Mix (which is also the output, feeding the other pair of 1/4" jacks) end things up. One bit about those last two: the VCA + first input pair could be used to fly FX in over the main mix coming off of the Q-Mix.

Row: Konstant Lab PWRchekr...shame that Intellijel doesn't put rail indicators on these, but at least Konstant Lab has that covered. Then the Tides, and a Zadar (with Nin) bracket a pair of VCAs, so that you can have VCA level control over modulation signals. As for mixing those signals, that's what the DuATTs are for. Then the Braids and the Athru have their own VCA pair...and I should note, these little dual VCAs do use the same topology as Mutable's Veils VCAs, but they save loads of space and, in this case, they downright make this thing GO. And going from zero VCAs to eight will definitely make that happen.

After that, your Blades dual VCF, then another VCA pair for post-VCF amplitude control going into either the Q-Mix, Rings, or the Stasis Leak, which gives you stereo reverb, chorus, or a tap-tempo delay with mono-in/stereo-out. Then the mixer: Alyseum's Q-Mix, which gives you four input channels with panning.

There's a lot more going on here now. With the addition of the VERY necessary VCAs, there'll be a lot more level control capability, plus you now have FX, you've got some mix/attenuator modules, proper MIDI, and so on. Definitely not a pile of "leftovers" now!

I know what it is - this was in response to a new module being posted that didn't have a picture for the face plate and was labelled A-178 Theremin CV source but had the wrong HP number (and the module already had an entry). Thus I wondered whether this was some newly announced new version or something. The module's gone by now so I'm gonna assume that that's not the case.

Toss the mults. You only need buffered mults when you have to maintain tuning on a CV or something similar that would be affected by voltage sag. And once they're out of the picture, the regular mults can also go away, in deference to using some inline mults and/or stackcables. That'll get 8 hp back for use elsewhere, for starters.

As for mixing, I'll echo Jim's sentiment here as well...while also adding that, since this build depends heavily on two stereo modules for its voicing, you have absolutely no way of implementing those stereo paths via panning. There's no stereo mixer at the end where you might find an AUX send/return, or where you could just basically patch something like the Beads after the mixer and balance that via its wet/dry settings. Can't get much anywhere else with just the image, tho...

Theremin Control Voltage Source. It's not a theremin, but the part of the theremin that can either control pitch or amplitude. You'd have to patch up more modules to give this (should be "these", actually...theremins tend to have two aerials) a voice.

Also +1 on marking the Intellijel and Pulplogic tile types. It strikes me that a solution might be to put checkboxes in the new module submission forms, then have a letter or letters in the row that has the module name. Granted, this would also involve going back and correcting the huge pile of earlier submissions, but given that I've seen a couple of dings on MG about not having this, it might be time to implement something.

You might set it up so that if someone is entering a module that they've designated as a 1U tile in the form factor part of the form, then that activates a set of checkboxes for, say, "no format" (for things like utility bars, etc), "Pulplogic", "Intellijel", or "both" (if both faceplate formats are available). And make it so that if this isn't checked, the form won't allow itself to be submitted...so the tile typing MUST be done before submission is possible. Then, when people look at a tile listing, they'll find a "P" or "I"...or both, or when needed. Or neither. If that could get done early on, it'd open up time for going back to correct previous listings as there wouldn't be any non-categorized tiles getting added anymore.

Getting back into synths after many many years away from synths, Korg Polysix and a bit of Modular in the 80s/90s.

What I have now/ordered:
1) Intellijel 7U stealth case inflight
2) KMI/ES DIY Kits VCO, VCA, and EV; probably get the rest for learning purposes, may use long term if they work out
3) Mutable Instruments - Plaits, Beads - still in their boxes, waiting on case; can replace with others modules, can still return.

What I want:
1) Fully Modular, Racked, outside of controller (keystep pro or other)
2) Minimize the use of DAW
2) 2-3 additional voices for bass, pads, lead
3) Include West Coast / Complex Oscillator - heavily leaning towards Endorphin.es Shuttle but optimized as modules in intellijel case (leverage 1Us, mono inputs on cockpit, etc.)
4) Granular Module - Beads, Morphagene, or Arbhar
5) Drum Kit in Rack - mainly EDM - Queen of Pentacles, Black Noir, other?
6) Mordax Date or Other - oscilloscope, VC monitoring, and tuner; I have a bench oscilloscope but want something easy to use in the case.

Budget is flexible, just don't want to waste money (doesn't provide educational or enjoyment value).

ModularGrid Rack

Thanks for the help!

if they bring out some kind of random preset maker via their website or something and back it up with some kind of archive, people can join and add preset's, similar to microtonic in a way only a a more immersive approach and for lxr. Im sick of all this oh what wonderous nothing awaits, ............. other than that i guess its kind of cool, not sure if its got real modular synthesis or its purely dps on a circuit, still cool module, with a couple of separate outputs, cv ect always great.

I think the biggest thing I see here is that you have either 3 voices and 1 modulation module, or 4 voices and no modulation modules. Neither seems useful.

Second biggest thing: no VCAs.

Last question: how are you playing/sequencing this? That makes a difference for suggestions. If you're using midi, then not much to worry about... but if you're looking for in-rack sequencing, that would be good for us to know (though you have precious little space for it).

Assuming you want to keep this independent, I'd consider a 1u O_C, 1u VCAs, 1u noise/random, a 1u stereo mixer, and a Zadar or other quad modulation source.

Thank you for posting and providing me with ideas to use my Ts-L...As with everything I have in my setup, I'm apparently only scratching the surface of what this module can do :) I like you how are using it with Twin Waves as I've been looking to get that one as well.
-- jb61264

thanks, I really like to know where a given module can lead, so I try a lot of stuff, mostly terrible, but sometimes, some good stuff come off these experimentations. Before to get the system at my convenience, I have tryed a lot of modules, but I don't like objects, devices and all, so I really needed to get to know what mine can do so I can work with a reduced yet banging system. This also explains why I like the macro oscillators à la NE or MI that much.

please post a link to your public rack - i.e. the url... jpgs are shit when you want help - no infomatics, no-click through - there are nearly 10k modules... no one knows all of them!!!

micro versions of modules with trimmers instead of proper pots and knobs are not fun to play with - and there may be some new plaits available...

mixing solution looks poor - no real end of chain mixer... how are you going to monitor?

do you really need the mimetic digitalis and a quad quantizer when you have metropolix?

Thank you for posting and providing me with ideas to use my Ts-L...As with everything I have in my setup, I'm apparently only scratching the surface of what this module can do :) I like you how are using it with Twin Waves as I've been looking to get that one as well.

JB

I'm planning on selling most of my semi-modular gear and moving fully to eurorack.

I'm trying to design a versatile 3 row x 84HP rack (252 HP total) that is able to evolve and loop randomly generated melodies/beats. I also really like playing around with polyrhythm/polymeter.

I've left some 1 HP spaces between some different "sections" of the rack for ease of viewing.

ModularGrid Rack

Latest patch that I recorded. I'm a little puzzled where to go from here. On the one hand I want to do more rich compositions which would need more quantized CV options and some VCAs/LFOs. On the other Hand I'm still thinking to get some more sampled drum/background loops happening with something like the erica sample drum.

Open for any ideas.

Hi Garfield,

You're right, Quadigy doesn't work without 5v. So you have no choice with it.
But on Sweet Sixteen there is a jumper.

Cheers

Hi Klodifokan,

Great, thanks a lot for the additional modules :-)

By the way, are you sure the Klavis Quadigy can let the user decide (by a jumper on the PCB for example) if he/she wants to let the module use the +5 V or not? I can't see any jumper on that PCB from the pictures online. Or does this module always uses the +5 V?

Here in Germany we don't have a dealer for Tesseract. Can that one be changed by the user or is it also always using the +5 V?

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

What's the deal with this? The description just links to the original A-178, which already has a complete entry: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-178 (the V2 version also has an entry of its own)

Thank you, it's very much motivating :) The next one, about Rings, is in the same vein, but I think I'll provide an instructional .pdf instead of screen datas.

I'm loving these Jamms in a box with all the additional camera work and detailed descriptions!

Keep it up.

Thank you very much Stuker! 🤘

It's a really great module, it's just what I wanted, well-building and very funtional.

Ha! Thanks for the details. It's even more impressive now I know more about how it was done. I don't post tracks on ModWig that much but I should post there more often. You won't get much feedback usually, but some people do listen.

I really want to see a side by side between this, the new Happy Nerding FX Aid Pro and the new ALM/Busy Circuits MFX. They all look good. I am not getting along with Beads and would like to replace it with one of these multi effects modules.

Very cool demo. Love these videos and the detailed patch notes you provide. Thank you!

Hi Informationsource, All,

Thanks a lot for those 3 modules with the +5 V usage possibility. If you know of any other modules, please add :-) Or if anyone else knows about modules that have this possibility, please let us know here in this post.

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Hi,
Klavis Quadigy and Tesseract Sweet Sixteen.