Hey...$4k for actual rubber in the form of an actual chicken WITH VOLTAGE CONTROL should be something that everyone'll want. I'll wait until Uli puts out a knockoff for $99, tho...

The big question I have to ask here is what did you have the resonances set to? It could be a problem...but at the same time, if the resonance controls on the VCFs is set too high, it can start to make a VCF behave like a VCO, which might explain the sweep sounds. Plus, if the ferrites are doing their jobs, that would tend to eliminate external sources as the cause. Try turning the resonance all the way down on those VCFs, then feeding them the sweeping LFO. You also might try feeding the VCFs' modulation via an attenuator between the LFO and VCF, as the incoming LFO might be a little too hot for the VCFs. Just use the attenuator to back down the LFO's level...this will result in a bit less span on the sweeps, but this may also keep the sweep sounds out of the VCFs.

The Focusrite is a good interface, but I wouldn't be surprised if it can't handle high levels. I have a 2i2, but I don't use it with my modular. I have output modules, which you no longer have space for (you might have to sacrifice one of the Dreadboxes for one if the problem persists). INST mode is off, right? I would be happier without the stereo adapter. I think you need to disconnect everything, and then see what combinations of connections and power on/off result in the buzzing. Is the interface connected to anything else besides the modular? Is it plugged into the same power strip as the modular, or a different power source?

Ah, I didn't realise that was an output.

I was trying to hear the VCO without anything else, as per your first step (I hadn't gotten to the second step yet). However, even with the AI (Focusrite 4i4) gain at zero, it still came in too hot. Hence, I ran it through the mixer first, as someone suggested to me before. I stopped at that point, as the buzzing was clearly a problem, and I didn't want to push on until it was rectified.

I am connecting to the AI via a 1/8 mono cable with a stereo 1/4 adapter on the end - it has been a drama getting a 1/8 to 1/4 mono cable from my supplier. Might that be part/all of my buzzing problem? I am not used to using 1/8 mono... This is connected into the front 1/8 jack with the adjustable gain.

I will ignore the buzzing for now, and push on with what you wrote before (and not plug outputs into outputs...)

Hi! Monotrail cover the topic in this video:

check it out! :)
His channel Monorail Tech Talk is full of useful techniques, very informative and straight to the point. He's a very cool guy!

A Brunswick synth from Future Sound. Not a eurorack, a general purpose synth with some good sonic characteristics and a excellent way to get started with modular synths. A but pricey, but still a good deal.

The pulse jack on Hysteria is an output, not an input. Look at the manual. That's why I told you to use the gate to trigger the ADSR envelope, and then use that envelope to control a VCA.

In the earlier thread, you were told to turn down everything as much as possible, either using a VCA from the modular or the input gain control on your audio interface. Eurorack voltages are higher than line audio, and some devices will have trouble with it. What audio interface are you using, how are the cables connected, and how is the power supplied to everything? What happens if you unplug the switched-off modular?

Ok, I tried putting the Hysteria directly into the AI, and it went crazy and reset.

So I put the VCO into the mixer on the Eudemonia, and plugged the CV gate into the 'pulse' jack on the Hysteria. The pitch was still in the 1V/Oct jack on the Hysteria.

For the first time I heard something from pressing the keys, but there is still that buzz that is FAR louder than the notes. The notes were barely perceptible, but at least they were there!!

I'm guessing the buzz is some sort of ground loop or something? Either way, it is there even when the modular synth is switched off, but the mixer (Eudemonia) out is still connected to the AI.

Thoughts?

I use my modular mostly for techno, just drop a kick and almost everything goes. But when I try to create drones all I get is dull and absolutely boring tracks. I just don't know how to approach droning and I realised I really don't know what makes a good drone.

So, what makes a good drone? how many VCOs do you use? how do you tune or detune them, what about filters and effects? what are your patching tips and tricks? can you share some drones, made by you or other artists, that can be used as examples/inspiration?

Looking forward to improving my drone skills.

Hello,
Has anyone used Befaco VCMC to trigger samples and instruments in Kontakt? I have a Varigate 8 and a few modulation modules and would like to use them to trigger samples in kontakt and to trigger and modulate Kontakt instruments such as Spitfire and Sound dust. Would the VCMC be a good option?
Thank you,
Ezra

Just a couple of Friday evening patches…

Have a great weekend! ✌️

Thanks, all, for the kind words. Finally getting some free time to jam.

Thanks! That is really helpful. I'll give it a go!

First of all, patch the out of Hysteria into whatever you are using to listen. See if you can get a drone that changes pitch when you play the KL. If not, pull the connection from that, and tune with the Oct slider.

When you can get a reasonable tone out of that, patch the out of Hysteria into the 1 input of Eudemonia. Turn the knob below it fully clockwise (up), and all the other knobs fully counterclockwise (down). The LP slider should be all the way up, the other sliders all the way down. Patch the out of Eudemonia to what you're listening to, and push the VCA slider up and down, and see if you hear that previous tone rise and fall in volume.

Next, patch the out of the ADSR into the VCA CV in of Eudemonia, and see if you can get the envelope (triggered by the KL) to do what you were doing with your fingers on the VCA slider. There you have a basic patch. Now you can play with the filter sliders on Eudemonia, the envelope settings on the ADSR, and the root pitch and waveforms on Hysteria. After that, you can start bringing in modulation.

I only really started playing with it a few days ago, but I am not having any luck getting sound out of it.

I understand much of the theory of what I am trying to do, but cannot get it to work in practice.

Part of the issue is that I am having trouble with the Dreadbox modules. Being multifunction, I am not entirely sure how to get the single function that I want to work, and all videos on how to use them are about more elaborate patches/sounds - not how to simply get them to work!

Amongst other attempts, I've been trying to run the Hysteria (VCO) output into the Lifeforms (ADSR) input, then this output into the Eudomonia (Mixer), but I am not sure how to get the VCA part engaged.

And this is all set up (possibly incorrectly) using CV from my Arturia KeyLabs 88 Mk2, from which I am running the gate signal to the trigger on the Lifeforms and the pitch to the 1V/Oct on the Hysteria. The Eudomonia out goes to my AI.

I only get a buzzing noise out of it, which I am sure is not from the synth itself. After a few minutes buzzing, it starts making some weird alien noises, but they go away as soon as I press a key on the Keylab.

As I said, I am just trying to find a basic patch that will make a noise, so that I can learn SOMETHING that actually works (and experiment from there), and whether my modules are working/if it is my fault. I assume that it is probably me.

You've been working with this configuration for a month, right? What have you tried that did something you want to expand on? What have you tried that didn't work?

Hi all

I am very new to modular, and I have a bit of a weird system. As such, I am having some difficulty working out basic patches.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could show me some really basic patches for my system so that I can get started (also, so I can tell if it is 'operator error', or if something is not working properly).

Thanks

ModularGrid Rack

Happened to me one time and it was a dodgy Erica synths mixer. The way I identified it was buy putting my modules in one by one and then turning the power on and off to see if a particular module was causing the issue.

I'm so glad I put in the extra money and bought the Intellijel’s 84 hp 7u case which gives you 3000mA on the +12v compared to arturia's 1600mA (I think), I know people rave about Arturia products but I personally have never been lucky with that company. I had power issues with a beat step pro too and when I took it apart the usb power was unsoldered from the board - really poor and cheap design choices.

I'm new here and new to Eurorack. Would love to get some thoughts on what to add to this build.

Have purchased thus far: the case / Pittsburgh lifeforms / erica synths polivoks / maths. Others in the case I have not purchased yet but am leaning towards.

Interested at least for this rack in subtractive synthesis. Interested in melodic composition.

Have Moog DFAM and Matriarch as well as Arturia Drum Brute Impact with which to play.

Plan to sequence from DAW.

Plan to utilize pedal effects ( Strymon Big Sky / Erica Synths Zen Delay / Animal Factory God Eater / Empress Delay ) in addition to the BBD within Matriarch.

Conversations I have with myself include: a) quad LFO ? ( Batumi vs ? ) b) VCA options: tube VCA such as Erica Synths versus quad options versus something like Talin ?

I appreciate any and all thoughts.

Regards,

The same thing happened to me -- it went on but shortly after went off and the led on the power brick was off. Luckily I realized that the cable at the back of the power brick just loosened over time. So if you are panicking right now if you trashed your rack, make sure the cable (into the power brick) is properly inserted. (I needed a good amount of force to get it in, even if it looks plugged, it might not be).

Hi,

I am trying to understand which is the right card for flangers/phasers on the tiptop z-dsp series. it could be me but i can't really understand which one is the right one. Do they have a card with flangers/phaser? is the time-fabric the only one with pitch-shifter?

thanks
Mat

This is not the Module we deserve, but it is the one that we need!

Greadings from Berlin
Statrax

Find us live on
twitch YouTube

Supposedly the noise goes away if you put a dummy load on the 5V line, but you'll never get a straight answer from anyone online as to how to go about that (don't ask me, nobody would tell me, either) because everyone assumes you'll kill yourself.
-- milkmilklemonade

I don't have one of these supplies so I can't speak to specifics of the noise problem, but a dummy load is just a big resistor from power to ground to ensure there's a minimum load on that rail by wasting a little energy as heat. As a wild ass guess based on that supply's specs (https://www.meanwell.com/productPdf.aspx?i=484 - 5V rail 5A, and they want 20%->1A minimum load) I'd probably start with a 10 ohm 50 watt (like https://www.amazon.com/LM-YN-Wirewound-Electronic-Industrial/dp/B071Z8B9FN) which will be a 0.5A load, and experiment from there with a second/third in parallel. The actual amount "required" will depend on the other 5V load in the system, and if it does help you'll want the smallest load that solves the problem, to minimize the wasted power/generated heat.

In my experience, that's how Meanwell power supplies are. Supposedly the noise goes away if you put a dummy load on the 5V line, but you'll never get a straight answer from anyone online as to how to go about that (don't ask me, nobody would tell me, either) because everyone assumes you'll kill yourself. These power supplies are not designed for powering modular synthesizers and can't really be relied on to be stable voltage sources. They're primarily intended to be used as 5V power supplies. You're paying for what you get. I used to have one in a small case and you could hear the pitch drift in the oscillators, they were never totally stable. I switched to an Endorphin.es 2hp power supply for that case and it cleared everything up.

Hey, I have 2x meanwell rt 65 b P/S. (9u case NANO BUS BORDS)
I have really bad noise problems. I puted 2 ferrites on wires before they go in bus board but it didint help.
Am looking on NKP (noise killer plugs), but not shure will it help.
I have noise only on filter modules. I user erica synth vcf1 and wasp filter.
If I put lfo in filter cv input then filter out to mixer (no audio input in filter)
I can hear lfo sweeping noise when audio is at 30%+ I need put my Volume at 20-29% so there is no noise.
If Only Filter module in case noise is there to.

Hey Lugia. I have 2x meanwell rt 65 b P/S.
I have really bad noise problems. I puted 2 ferrites on wires before they go in bus board but it didint help.
Am looking on NKP (noise killer plugs), but not shure will it help.
I have noise only on filter modules. I user erica synth vcf1 and wasp filter.
If I put lfo in filter cv input then filter out to mixer (no audio input in filter)
I can hear lfo sweeping noise when audio is at 30%+ I need put my Volume at 20-29% so there is no noise.

Marbles is playing the 2hp Bell (starts on 2hp Pluck, then I swap), that goes into Mimeophon, Marbles is being clocked by Mimeophon ;-)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

@modnico What are you going for? Do you have a budget? Do you want a big case eventually to do other stuff and grow into? Do you want generated sequences, do you want to program sequences? Lots of questions before could recommend something to fit your needs.
-- obscuremachines

Hi @obscuremachines

@modnico What are you going for?
-- obscuremachines

The general idea is to set up a rack to create kicks and bass. I would like to integrate such rack with other gears that I have in my "studio" (bedroom) and be my DAW (Ableton installed in my Macbook ) as the center of the musical pruduction.
So, in other words, with Ableton I would like to arrange a song taking the kick and bass from the rack, and other synths sounds from other gears.
To connect the gears to my computer I'm using via USB a Fireface UCX connected via adat to a Beringher Ultragain PRO-8 digital (to have more inputs)

Do you have a budget?
-- obscuremachines

I don't know the budget. I'm not rich so I can't spend a lot of money on it. Let's see all the possibilities that will come out and I will make a decision based on what I can spend on it.

Do you want a big case eventually to do other stuff and grow into?
-- obscuremachines

More than a case (which I could make it by myself) maybe I prefer to have a good power source in case I would expand the rack in the future.

Do you want generated sequences, do you want to program sequences?
-- obscuremachines

I would like to be able to program sequence either via Ableton or with a controller MIDI connected to the rack

Thank you @obscuremachines for asking and helping me

>

A few things come to mind as I have actually built such a rack. One- a much larger case at least 6U and the bigger the better.
Two- you need a decent sequencer. I have great experience with ones like Winter Modular Eloquencer it can let you program sequences for recall later to use as preset templates plus view all 8 trigger and cv tracks on one screen- very handy for live use.
-- sacguy71

Hi @sacguy71
the sequencer that you have suggested is very interesting, above all in combination with the EME module (MIDI expansion). If I understood correctly I could connect a MIDI device (like a MIDI pad controller) and play the Jomox with it. Right?

FIRST ROW
- first module “the trigger sequencer” for the Jomox. I don’t know if I want to go just with a knob to assign steps to the sequence. I would prefer to do it with pads. Maybe even through a kind of MIDI controller (or keyboard)
- same for the synth part. I own an Arturia Keystep and I could use it to play and sequence the Bouchla 258t.
- the Antimatter Audio Crossfold seems cool (watching some Youtube videos) and the Dual Borg filter sounds amazing.

For a sequencer with pads checkout the new TrigSec-1 from Tenderfoot Electronics. He is also coming out with a new clock with some great features. It is tempting me to reconfigure the reconfiguration of my drum pod...

I would just stick in a Squid Salmple and Pams for starters and then go from there. Probably as much modulation I could cram into the remaining space.

Hi all,

I've been into Eurorack for a year or so now, and have finally got a rack which can start doing some things (allowing me to move away from VCV). I'd be interested in advice on expanding the rack with the intention of creating generative ambient.

I thing some kind of delay is a necessity (I'm thinking the Befaco Lich), and I'm not really in love with Plaits (so maybe I need some kind of filter or wave folder to get more interesting noises out of it).

Here's a pic, and happy to get any feedback: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1508602.jpg

I LOVE Palette challenges! This is a rig I did and yeah it's for techno, but there's a way to set up Pam's so that you can use the CV in to change the loop length and you effectively end up with Turing Machine style generative patterns. Couple that with Euclidean for some fun. Add a Ladik Dual Probability Skipper for even more variation. You can also use Pam's in the same way to generate quantized CV patterns!

Also, for 1U take a look at the Mosaic 1U drums...they are really good. I use the Bass Drum and their Low Pass as a sub bass sometimes in addition to normal drum duties.

@modnico What are you going for? Do you have a budget? Do you want a big case eventually to do other stuff and grow into? Do you want generated sequences, do you want to program sequences? Lots of questions before could recommend something to fit your needs.

great build @Lugia

@modnico - the compressor will be useful but bear in mind that you could make a side chain easily in Lugia's build with a spare envelope from the quadrax which will need to be inverted and a spare vca. If you are only using the rack for kick and bass this is what I would do

Yeah, there's a lot missing here. For one thing, if this is to do all of those things you want, well...it's doable, but not in that cab. Gonna poke at this and get 'er set up right...

(a few minutes later)
ModularGrid Rack
OK...kick and bass. This has those in spades! I rebuilt the whole thing in an A-100 2x84 cab, for starters...and that's important, as the Jomox module you want is pretty deep. Given that the whole draw is nowhere near a Doepfer A-100P6's current load limit, plus the roadcase build on the cab itself, means that this is pretty much a goof-proof rig that'll work for both studio AND live use. Here's what's in there...

TOP: First up is an EMW trigger sequencer, with 8 steps for each of 8 memories. This is for the Jomox, right next to it. Then a Bastl Popcorn handles your pitch sequencing (and it's internally quantized!) for the thing next to it...a Buchla 258t from Tiptop's collab line with Buchla USA. This oscillator is the grandpa of most complex VCOs out there, because it can internally modulate VCO1 against VCO2, or you can use one as a modulating suboscillator to get huge subbass notes. Or a lot of other things, for that matter. And to help do that, there's an Intellijel uVCA that'll allow you to impose modulation onto the output levels of each 258t VCO, so you could have VCO1 sounding, and then let VCO2 fade in its audio modulation to modulate it. Loads of possibilities...and if that's not interesting enough, the Antimatter Audio Crossfold wave processor allows you to create a composite waveshaped signal by having inputs for both 258t VCOs. Last up is the classic Wiard Dual Borg Filter, which is actually not merely a filter pair, but the individual filters can be switched into lowpass gate mode. This means you can use VCF1 there for timbral shaping, then set VCF2 to the lowpass gate mode and send it some fast envelopes for PUNCH.

BOTTOM: Pam's. You've got two sequencers, so you'll probably find it useful for those as well as other clocking/sequencing duties. The uMotion is a clone of the Mutable Tides; I'd have rather put in the actual thing, but the space dictated otherwise. Then a Mutable Shades and another uVCA handle the modulation treatments. An Intellijel Quadrax/Qx provides envelopes as well as further looped envelopes in case more LFOs come into play. And with the Qx, you can "cascade" envelope triggers and turn the whole thing into a really complex modulation source. Then we get into FX...the Stasis Leak gives you a tap-tempo delay, plus stereo reverb and/or stereo chorus, and the Messor is the stereo compressor with sidechain that you need to get that French House "pump" going. Branch off a signal from the kick, and there you go! For mixing, I went with a Tesseract Tex-Mix, so there's four mono inputs (with VCAs...these are your final audio chain VCAs), and the master module for that contains two AUX send/returns, your headphone preamp, a monitor/cue output, and pretty much a partridge in a damn pear tree! And last, a Happy Nerding Isolator...which you'll be very glad of if you take this to live gigs, with their typical janky AC. The Isolator does two things: 1) - it kills DC, and you want DC killed as excessive DC in your output will kill things like amps, speakers, etc. But it also 2) - prevents crud from getting into the modular via the outputs (ie: everyone's fave - ground loops).

So, yeah...it's bigger and it costs more. But it's now COMPLETE...and as low-end instruments go, this one might have what it takes to give ME and my top-secret CZ-101 subsine bass patch (has been known to cause structural damage! really!) a real run for the money. Plus, this is no sonic one-trick box...the bass voice architecture is loaded with modification tricks, the sequencers let you do set-n-forget setups, there's ample modulation and modifiers for that, and you get a true performance mixer on top of that that can be expanded with more Tex-Mix expansion modules when "M0AR" happens.
-- Lugia

Hi @Lugia
Thank you for your amazing and very informative answer. It goes beyond my expertise in modular field (which is close to zero), I had to read it more than once and I’m still reading it, again and again, to try to get it fully.

For now, are coming to my mind these questions:
FIRST ROW
- first module “the trigger sequencer” for the Jomox. I don’t know if I want to go just with a knob to assign steps to the sequence. I would prefer to do it with pads. Maybe even through a kind of MIDI controller (or keyboard)
- same for the synth part. I own an Arturia Keystep and I could use it to play and sequence the Bouchla 258t.
- the Antimatter Audio Crossfold seems cool (watching some Youtube videos) and the Dual Borg filter sounds amazing.

SECOND ROW
- not sure what to do with the PAM. It seems to be an impressive clock/sequencer. Should I use it to control the other two sequencers?
- why do I need another uVCA for envelopes? (noob question)
- Sidechain: watching Youtube videos I noted that side-chain effect can be achieved without compression. That’s why I added a Maths module in my rack. I don’t know which way is better though.
- With Tesseract can I connect the rack to my DAO via Fireface UCX and make a kind of hybrid system?

I have a few gears and I use Ableton. I would like to integrate the rack to the DAO.
So the rack will be my kick and bass ext module, the other gears (various synths) as .. synths, and the DAO my post-production point.

Keeping this thread alive by dropping some more heavily lit jams.

I like some bits and pieces of this and dislike a whole lot. Next would be something this full and distorted but with more control over pitch and more variation detail in the drum voices. Any suggestions and patch ideas are more than welcome.

Before I forget: This is not using my tiny ORCA midi sequencer form the last post, but for the curious I made a tiny guide and put it on the ModWiggler DIY section as it's not a eurorack only thing: https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257717

Great video! I've subscribed...was a particular video that you watched on Beads that inspired you for doing this in Morphagene? Would you share if it was one in particular? What is the module sandwiched between Maths and Plaits? Also learned a new technique to try out with my Maths (looping envelopes to create a drone) :)

JB

I have my drums setup in a 64hp 4ms Pod. Currently it looks like this...
ModularGrid Rack
But I am not super happy with it. It requires external clock input and while Kompass is pretty great it only has three triggers out and I need more than that so I am still pulling more triggers and gates from Pams in my main case.

This is the dream that will eventually be reality.
ModularGrid Rack
The Shakmat Clock O Pawn is awesome and the Time Wizard is great too and provides all the triggers I would need and is super playable. I have really liked what I have heard/seen from the Prok drums and I have one Disting mk4 for samples and one for effects. The vortices mixer is overkill, but the feedback looping you can do with it is crazy. Ochd is just there to modulate things. The only thing I am missing is a way to sidechain the kick.

this user has left ModularGrid

I bought a 1010Music BitBox. It responds on up to 16 triggers, or I can avoid the mess using MIDI (some sequencers output MIDI as well as CV). There are four outputs so it's decent for separating my outs if I need that. I can add new samples to the SD card, and with a little bit of XML editing on NotePad++, I can quickly put together whatever I need and avoid doing things slowly on the front panel.

I have some other stuff capable of percussion like the BIA... but sample playback seems to offer the most bang for the buck. There are plenty of samplers and ROMplers out there. You don't have to go with BitBox. But I would just rather sink resources into other areas besides percussion.

Thread: 40hp

mine first

UBMs are no joke.
-- Vtapes

No lie! I've got two of these monsters living in here, tech-matched. And they don't just do kick drums, they can tweeze out some very strange metallics, percussive clicks, and so on. Stocki had the right idea, using these...but he didn't have a TR-606 laying around. I discussed my (ab)use of these with Cholly's assistant, Bryan Wolf, when I was over for studies in 2001, and mentioned the "damage potential" and his eyes got wide. I just smiled and said "yeah...well, I like the sound of shattering plaster!" Which they found to be quite cool, actually; remember, this is the period where Stockhausen and a certain Mr. James from Cornwall were in fairly constant contact.

Actually, you can make a very workable one in LESS than 62 hp + tiles. The build below is designed for a 4ms 48X Pod:
ModularGrid Rack
Temps Utile for basic sequencing/clock, Delptronics LBD-2 set which contains a number of classic electro-style circuits, Doepfer Quad Decay to give percussive envelopes off to the Mazzatron Quad Lowpasses, which can process up to four of the drum sounds from the LBD-2, then this all gets mixed down to mono with an Erogenous Tones Levit8, and the mix then has a Zlob 3-band "tone stack"-type EQ at then end to manually emphasize various different timbral accentuations.

Pretty easy, really. Took all of 10 minutes. HOWEVER...with the Pod, this would run you over $1k. And THAT is one of the big reasons why drums belong in drum machines.

You can totally make a cool groove box in 62, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I've got a percall-based drum rack in 48hp and it rules.

I think the pallette case only has 12 headers (probably you can extend somehow, but not sure), so that might be a limitation.

my notes w/ it:

-The kickall looks badass, but you can make a pretty sweet kick w/ a vco + percall + attenuation if you wanted to save a module. If you ran the envelope out from the percall into the pitch of the VCO w/ some attenuation you can get a good kick timbre.
-I do white noise for 'hats' channels 3/4 and combo a mult of it with the pico vco for a snare (which sounds good).
-A simple drum machine w/ percall could be: VCO + Pico VCO + Percall + Attenuation + White Noise + Triggers. a module like the Junction (or a triplatt, etc.) can mix the noise and do the attenuation. For this i went with:
- Percall / 1u VCO / Pico VCO / Noise Tools (which can be the sample and hold and a slew!) / Junction
- with the 1U midi, that leaves 43hp and four headers of room for whatever sequencing, voice, effects you are interested in! The pico drums could hop back in as well.
Trigger Sequencing: There are tons of ways to go. I like things that you can 'mute' to make it for fun to play, so i'd go with something like a Tempi, Permutation, or a Running Order. I put in the Maestro, which I haven't tried, but think it'd be cool in this set-up, given that it can trigger or make complex (and mutable) modulation
-Just to 'finish it off' I also put a domino as a voice and a Milky Way for effects (and mixing). For cv sequencing the domino, i thought quantizing (the disting) a LFO (attenuated by the junction) from the maestro would be good way to get melodic cv.

-Other cool sequencing options I could see: Marbles (which would be another way to get melodic cv) and the Kompass for drums. Though, these don't have 'mutes'.
-Honorable Mention: Dark Matter. Running percall into that is pretty savage.

I think i'd prob have fun with this:

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1819734.jpg

Thanks for the very thoughtful feedback, Ronin.
I also have this linked his up with my studio gear (Lexicon Delays, guitar pedalboard, Sub37, & (B)2600, samplers, etc.)
I also just picked up a (b) Pro-1.
There are many colors in this audio paintbox. Lots to learn and I'm loving the process.
Cheers!

Thread: Bug Report

Command Centre thumbnails (rack images) for the past few weeks/months(?) seem to be regenerating/refreshing erratically, with racks of the same specification rendering at different sizes, then those preview sizes changing when "update screenshot preview" is selected. There are other sizing behaviours I can't figure out, but I'm finding it almost impossible to view all my racks at the same size (when they're the same sized racks). This is a relatively new behaviour/bug but I can't say when it started. I'm using both the latest Chrome and Firefox browsers under Win 7 Pro. It seems dependent on how many "columns" of racks are displayed, and the width of the browser window - I'll get one full column of racks that are much larger previews than others. Anyone else getting this? Cheers!

Hi Troux,

I hope you are doing well? Haven't heard from you for a while... and well... you know...

I was wondering... how is the compilation going alone? :-)

No pressure, just checking ;-) Thank you very much in advance and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi ModLifeCrises,

Nice to hear from you again and to watch one of your lovely videos :-)

This might sound silly, though I can't become a subscriber of your video channel yet because I don't have an account with YouTube yet. I feel it's a pity that only if you have an account with YouTube and login, only then you can subscribe or like a video. I plan to become a member on the mid-long term, once done that, I definitely will become a subscriber of your video channel at YouTube!

Meanwhile I would like to wish you success with the continuation of your video creations, keep up the good work and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads