I wish I had the time to learn to code, but simple as it may be, I don’t..

Why did you make a second listing of Proton? One should be enough.

Thread: Clank Chaos

Clank told me they don't make a silver panel, so I reverted the listing to the black version.

I really wish people wouldn't upload alternative panels to official module listings.

Thread: RYO Aperture

Pity that someone uploaded a Greyscale panel to this.

Ah, I see Nate Horn on reddit made them. I reverted the module listing so the original panel shows as the main one.

@Synth-Cat What's with the alternate panels? Who made them? They are not official, I assume. If not, I suggest making a separate upload, indicating that these are non-official, alternate designs.

I‘ll buy it!

Ah I see.

Selecting an alternate panel always works for me and it keeps showing in my rack.
What problem do you encounter when attempting this?

@Angst_Atlas thanks, I'll see if I can find a trace of this mixer somewhere.

@JimHowell1970 I know about most of the matrix mixers, but I liked the looks and size of this one. I used to have the Doepfer and the Livestock Maze. Now I use CVilization, but would like something that's a bit simpler and quicker. I'll probably go for the AI008, the Wyrd or the one from Bear Modules.

That’s a great idea. Thanks!

Who makes this mixer?

Thread: vpme.de Qex

Hard yes, indeed! I‘m curious about the other thing(s) it does except audio outs and CV ins.

There seems to be an interesting mistake on the panel. It says that if gates 1 and 2 are LOW it will be in LPG (LPF + VCA) mode, which makes no sense.
When both gates are low nothing will happen. :-)

I only use it as a matrix mixer (mainly because my head exploded when I read about the other modes). It works really well for that and is easy to use.
I‘m looking forward to diving deeper into CVilization at some point, though.

Where is this panel available?

So where/how does one obtain this module?

Eurorack.

Thread: Change Log

Check if you have activated the Space Guide button.
-- modulargrid

Thank you! I don‘t know why I missed that..

Thread: Change Log

I don’t see available hp anymore when moving a module around in a rack. Has this been removed?
I’m using Safari on iOS and OSX.

By looking at the rack?

Why was this submitted? Three versions of this already exist on MG.

I would use Vector for melodies on a rhythmically quantized grid, whereas Hermod is very useful if you want to play/record more loosely timed melodies or notes.
Vector plays steps whereas Hermod plays midi events, which are not necessarily restricted to certain steps.

As for drums I prefer Vector. Together with a Launchpad it’s super easy to program and change drum hits. And with the upcoming 2.0 firmware adding random elements, muting drum voices, etc. will be super easy.

Hi Garfield,

Hermod, aside from being a powerful sequencer on its own, can be an extension of Vector, adding more pitch and gate outputs. You can apply Hermod‘s effects to Vector‘s parts and add interesting variations this way.
Hermod has a nice arpeggiator that I like to use with an external keyboard or simply with a chord part from Vector. Soon Vector will have its own arpeggiator function, though.
Hermod is also great to bring external sequencers such as iPad apps into the rack.

The aluminium board is a Grid from Monome, which is basically a controller whose function changes depending on the program/app/sequencer it is connected to.
I use it with the Monome Ansible (the module between Hermod and Sinfonion) which has several immensely inspiring sequencers built in and can also be used as a simple midi to CV interface.

Do check out Monome! They are also the makers of Norns.

https://monome.org/docs/grid/
https://monome.org/docs/ansible/

My setup after having checked, bought and sold tons of sequencers!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXeAcJBKI8/?igshid=1q1vnwf8w5ysj

No MIDI output like on the little brother?
-- FLOz

There’s a midi expander, but you‘ll need specific firmware and I think it sacrifices two regular functions.

Lovely little module.
Just a heads up: if you use it for audio, it doesn’t fully close.

Great guys! You have my support!
I‘m going to write a little modular introductory manual for a music conservatory and I‘m sure I could take a couple of cues from what you will cook up. :-)

You added a module just to sell it?
That’s a bit weird.
Why not just sell it the regular way on the marketplace on the specific module description page?

This is a duplicate.

Oh.. toen ik er na zocht kwam ik alleen de zwarte versie tegen. Gezien ik de zilveren heb gekocht wilde ik deze graag op MG. Of is de zilveren er al?
Ik zal even zoeken.
Zodra er een foto van de final panel is kan deze natuurlijk vervangrn worden. Of ik moet ook hier even beter zoeken.
Groetjes, Yonga

I do not see that option.

Weirdly it looks correct on my iPhone, but not on my iPad..

What happened to the photo? It used to be correct, but now the crop is wrong.

What happened to the photo? It used to be correct, but now the crop is wrong.

There could be an option for users to enter their real name in their account and choose if they want it to be searchable or not.
I have no idea if such things as I‘m suggesting are easily implementable or not. Just thinking „out loud“.
Anyway, I am very happy with MG as it is and proud to be a Unicorn.

I did not know that. Great, a step in the right direction. Being able to search for people‘s real names would be a great addition.

Social functions aren‘t necessary. That‘s what we have ther platforms for.
Just being able to search for users by either their real name or user would be very helpful.
Oftentimes I see an interesting video on YouTube and would then like to find their racks here, but it is usually by chance that I do. Then I copy the link to their profile and put it in my notes app. It works, but having this simple functionality right here would be great!

That worked.
Thank you!

I only searched for this on the detail page of a module and these options are not there. I wonder why one can only do this in the module list view.

Two modules showed up in my owned-list, but I never added them (as far as I can remember). How can I edit „my“ modules?
This question was asked in a previous thread, but the answer is not helping. Something about a tool icon next to the rating-stars, but I see no such thing.
I‘d be more than happy to go to unicorn level if only MG had some more funtionality, such as following (and easily finding) others and their racks and such things.

Other than that: this is an awesome platform that will make me spend a lot of money on modules..

Is there a way to look for users other than already knowing their user name?
And if I find an intersting user, how can I keep following them so their names show up in a „favourites“ list where I can just click on it?
And how can I follow specific racks? Copying the to my own racks is a great function, but checking racks to see how they change and evolve over time is very interesting, too.
If such functionalities do not yet exist, is it difficult to add them? It‘d be great to be able to star or like a user and/or rack and be able to find them again easily.

I really tried to find such functionality here, but couldn‘t.