Ok lesson learnt:

• Will get some more VCA:s - typically I haven't had any need for too many as my patches tend to be quite small and not covering the whole rack at the same time. But yes, it would be more easier to make more advanced patches and more complicated setup.
  • Vermona is here to stay, really like the modules. Actually the size is great - I don't like too cramped modules. Especially the LFO is lovely!
  • Noise based sources would be great for drum sounds, have to dig deeper with that. One option is to use ER-301 for that, but it might be a bit of a waste.
  • Forgot to mention that I have an old 16 channel line mixer only for eurorack mixing duties and sends to my fx pedals - so that takes a lot of mixing duties. I cannot easily route audio back to eurorack from that, so it's kinda end of signal chain anyway. I'll check some mixers to do the stuff on rack as well before the mixer.

So, for VCA's I have been checking Intellijel Quad VCA or Mutable Veils. Intellijel Linix could be for some mixing duties and I have been interested of Intellijel Planar actually for a long time. It's pretty expensive, though.

What's happening here?! Writed a long post and it submitted only the fist line.

Nooo - I had a heart symbol put there, did it break the submit? greater than symbol + 3. :(

Ok - I have to meditate on top of this, I'll write the stuff again when I have a bit more time. But thank you again for the feedback!

Wow... that's beyond comprehensive! Thanks for your time, really appreciated.

Not bad! Yeah, there's a few things I'd do a little differently, but otherwise I can see what you seem to be aiming for here, and it looks good. The use of the 1U rows does a nice job of splitting up the cabs, but you could also side-by-side the first and second towers and fill with blanks where there's not anything. I'd go more into the architecture of the modules themselves, but that would be sort of OT for this topic.
-- Lugia

Now there's a new post about the build if you'd like to comment! :)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/2826

Hi! Reorganizing my modules and would appreciate the feedback. Either on basic layout tips from you experts or perhaps some tips if I'm missing something really major in your opinion from my build.

These modules are yet to come, but other modules I have already:
ER-301
Field Kit FX
Quad Morphing VCO

Sequencing mostly with Deluge or Squarp - so I don't feel any need for modules for sequencing purposes.

Main build
ModularGrid Rack

"Drums"
ModularGrid Rack

Feedback would be great, avtually! I could create a separate topic for that if you’d like to comment. :)

This is the current plan

And the second "tower"

Yep - started planning with a single "tower" instead of three separate cases to ease layout planning. And your divider idea gave me an idea to put additional 1U rows to separate cases from each other! This way it looks like the real deal.

Still - it would be awesome if I could lock certain rows and try to "optimize" the rest. And yesterday I came with an idea to have "groups of modules" - so that I could group some modules together and then move it as one group. And if you'd organize automatically - it would respect this group without separating the modules.

Ok - trying to organize my four separate cases and yes, MG helps a lot with that.

A few features could make planning a lot easier, though.

• I'd like to "lock" the rows and/or modules which I have already happily planned. So - I'd like to lock something and then try to optimize the rest automatically to optimize the space
  • Multiple cases on one view to drag n drop modules from one to another (copy & paste helps with this now on separate browser pages)

Otherwise this service is phenomenal, thanks a lot for it!

Ok, I am still learning this whole music thing but it doesn't seem to prevent me from buying expensive devices which say "beeb".

This is the first test run with eurorack modular. Sequenced and supported by Analog4, rhythm by Rytm and some more bass with BassStation II.

Doepfer case
+
Doepfer base
+
wheels

Hello, I'm having soon full Doepfer A-100P9 case and was thinking of adding some new modules, perhaps an A-100PB as a base. That got me into thinking how to easily move my modular around in my studio as I'm having pretty limited space. So perhaps I could pretty easily construct some sort of base with wheels and additional storage space to move my system around.

Has anyone made any sort of easily movable modular solutions?