Sweet. I'll take a thorough read through this today and will post back thoughts & questions. Thanks for taking all the time!

Wow... thanks for your honest thoughts. I'll try to give more context on how I use it and my current issues with the rack. It's a real rack, btw... not just in ModularGrid. I built it up slowly over the past 2 years, but I feel lately like I've been driving in the wrong direction for a while.

I use the Eloquencer to sequence melodies/bass lines and sometimes drums, but I primarily sequence drums with the Varigate 8+. I sample various sounds from the rig into BitBox, which can take 16 trigger inputs. Sometimes I run 1 cable per channel from the VG8+ into the BitBox, and other times I run 1 channel into BowTie and then use random CV to route that to one of 8 channels on the BitBot. That's just drums/perc.

Yes, I do have a "phat" Minimoog clone building up in here with the AJH row. Call me nuts... I just love how they sound. That mixer has 3 inputs too, so sometimes I use it with the other VCOs.

The flow is intended to generally be sequencers on the left/bottom, then going from left to right / top to bottom, oscillators, filters, envelopes, and mixing. Are you suggesting rearranging them into clusters of self-contained mini-groups?

I don't really do ambient stuff, and so Telharmonic/Rings are probably the first 2 sound sources I'd give up in here. Maybe they'll make room for another filter.

My problem is that I hate to feel too constrained. I admit it's a bit of a hodgepodge, but I like to have options.

ModularGrid Rack

I feel an unbalance in the (euro) Force. Too many oscillators? Not enough CV utilities? What would you change?

I see this is a DIY. Any details on construction plans?
-- GRK_Astronomer

We built these at the Moogfest 2016 Engineering Workshop. Steve from Moog told me they have no plans to offer it as a retail module. We all got silver panels, but there were a few with black panels built into the installation art at Moogfest too.