Great work @FredFoxtrott. Well done. I especially liked the 1400 moody interlude. Really enjoyed your performance.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for saying that. It really does mean a lot. Yeah, I was really trying to channel pink years Tangerine Dream there.

Hi Fred,

Long time haven't heard from you and now you surprise us with a nice long jam! It's great and nice to see you at work in this video, creating this jam. Lovely percussion and drums parts, looks like I am still light years away from a performance like that!

Yes, Farkas is right, the interlude starting at 14:00+ is great, giving it that extra touch to track, the variety-break. Great moment to do that there, builds up the tension even more, the listener wants more, sitting at the tip of the chair! :-)

That build up just before/around 25:00 is fantastic too, love it! Ha, ha, as well as the short break-stop you make just before 26:00, nice touch too :-)

Thank you very much for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Yeah, I was really trying to channel pink years Tangerine Dream there.
-- FredFoxtrott

Mission accomplished! :)

As always, you are so kind Garfield. I wish more people, including myself, were as generous and thoughtful in their remarks as you. Thanks for being such a great community member.

farkas

Mission accomplished! :)

lol

Very nice! I love all the different places this performance went...all the different sounds and drum parts worked very well together IMO. Love seeing that you're using the Beatstep Pro...I just bought one to use with my setup. Do you mind sharing what you had connected to the various CV outputs for the sequencers and drum gates?

JB

Do you mind sharing what you had connected to the various CV outputs for the sequencers and drum gates?
-- jb61264

Sure! Here are the elements I find most interesting.

The BeatStep Pro (BSP) drum sequencer is controlling a Boss DR-670 for those awesome 90's drums via the MIDI out. I use the roller pad to manipulate the IDM-ish drum patterns on the fly.

The Mother 32 provides the primary underlying melody for all sections. It runs through an Endorphin.es Milky Way for reverb saturation and is given that classic delay during the Berlin School style mid-section by an Erica Synth Pico DSP.

I had the idea of running the Joranalogue Filter 8 at audio rate for a really nice sub bass. The notes of this bass are drawn from the M32 KB out, and the rhythm is achieved by taking the gate from the M3 and running it through a Stoicheia euclidean rhythm module by Rebel Technology. This gives the gate for the envelope of the bass via one side of the Doepfer dual ADSR. I really like this effect because the bass and the melody are in sync and key, but the notes are not too often repeated on the same beat giving variation.

The SEQ 1 of the BSP sequences the Circuit Bent VCO, which provides the overlying melodies of the first and last sections. This VCO has a built-in filter, but I also run it through a Doepfer Wasp for that amazing color, which is best demonstrated in my view at the 25:05 mark. This then runs through the Mimeophon for stereo pread into right and left VCA mixers (a WMD Triple Bipolar VCA and a AI Synthesis Quad VCA). Note that when I use the roller pad to manipulate the drum pattern, it also glitches Seq 1. The second side of the ADSR envelopes the SEQ 1 melody on the BSP, which allows me to make the notes of the melody stay nice and tight or to stretch the notes out allowing the WASP to really shine. This is also best demonstrated after the 25:05 mark.

The SEQ 2 of the BSP provides accent notes with Rings, which of course goes into Clouds for reverb/delay and granular looping. The looping capture is triggered by the right side pattern of the Stoicheia which is clocked by the Kick cv out on the BSP.

Hope this gives some insight!
FF

Excellent stuff :)

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Nice,

I am just getting back to recording, after a major move (still have at least 2 more coming). I am curious as to what cameras you use and how many? How do you handle camera switching during your performance. I would like to start recording live performances as I am staying out of the box to focus more on all the hardware I have acquired over the years, but don't have a good handle on all the gear to pull off a good sounding performance that captures what I happening.

Thanks again I enjoyed listening this.

I am curious as to what cameras you use and how many? How do you handle camera switching during your performance?
-- mog00

Thanks for your kind remarks. When streaming live I usually use an app called OBS and fit all my camera stuff on one frame because I don't want to be distracted by having to switch cameras, though I'll often have two cameras and switch between them in OBS manually. For streaming I usually just have two cameras, one (my MacBook camera) to capture me playing from a few feet away and then a GoPro knock off to fisheye on the modular rig. When just recording, I'll also use my iPhone and then import all the video and edit it. This gives me full control over video dynamics to feature the camera image that it doing the most interesting things at the moment. But this editing take a lot of time. Sometimes I think it is worth it. So, long story short, I do not have an automated switch like so many rad acts do.

Cheers
FF

Hope this gives some insight!
FF

Absolutely does...thanks for the description. I really need to spend more time learning the BSP more in-depth.

JB