What are your picks, anyone whose tried a few care to share their thoughts?

Easy of use and functionality are number one priority but feature wise I'd like it to support microtonal and have usb inputs.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tubbutec-%C2%B5tune-

My recommendation!

LOTS of options in this domain, I think many of them are good options. The ones I know about and would suggest:
-- top recommendation is to get something from the Expert Sleepers lineup as those are well regarded and you would get a robust hub/interface to the rest of your studio. It is probably more than you need presently, but kind of "future proofs" your setup some
-- Befaco also offers a good and fairly broad line of selections
-- Polyend Poly 2 is a good option if you need MPE support

Since the cheaper offerings for this function are not that cheap, IMO it makes more sense to spend up a bit and get a more robust module that will last in your setup for years to come.

In my case, I've got a MOTU 828 mkii connected to the multitrack, which is running Ableton's CV Tools. Totally open-ended, cheap, effective, and if you need to make adjustments, you can do most everything from inside the DAW.

The Expert Sleeper FH2 offers a lot of functionality as far as a USB MIDI to CV converter. You can use your DAW... OR... any standard MIDI controller. However, you'll find programming it or changing the settings from the front panel to be a real pain. Programming it from your computer using the a web-browser isn't so bad. But to make changes using your computer, you'll probably have to quit the DAW so the web browser can take control of the MIDI device from the DAW.

I have an FH2 and is great and you can get lots of expanders for additional CV and triggers. The configuration web page is old-school, but if you set-up a few presets you can save these as configurations that you can load pretty easily. You definitely don't want to use the module for configuration, best to use the UI for configuring a bunch of presets and use the module to load them based on what you are trying to do, (I have a couple depending on whether I am using it for CV, different clocks, envelopes and triggers etc.)

The Expert Sleeper FH2 offers a lot of functionality as far as a USB MIDI to CV converter. You can use your DAW... OR... any standard MIDI controller. However, you'll find programming it or changing the settings from the front panel to be a real pain. Programming it from your computer using the a web-browser isn't so bad. But to make changes using your computer, you'll probably have to quit the DAW so the web browser can take control of the MIDI device from the DAW.

-- Ronin1973

So true, I've got one and it can do so much but setting it up everytime is killing my will to play with my eurorack. Definitely need to find a better solution to interact with Ableton.