Hey friends.
I'm new on here, but i'm not new to music/sound or synthesizers so much. In my time I've played with a fair wack of different gear, but only a few modular systems of various design (mostly Buchla/Roland/Moog). I've been thinking about Eurorack for a while and recently bought a Mother-32 as a gateway to getting something started. I'm really not sure as to what I want to achieve, I'm a bit West coast in my tastes, probably a bit wack in my approach, but I like what I can do straight out of the box with the Mother none the less. Building on this as an interesting improvisational tool would be where I'd probably start. I've spent a long time watching module demo videos over recent weeks and today tried putting together something functional, that might give me a variety of creative options.

alt text

alt text

The above racks are a sketch of things that I've found that interested me as additions but I'm still a bit of a n00b as to the mundane necessities/utilities, and I'm still to learn about all the brands or get to the really cool depths of options. Any advice as to what I might really need to get the most out of what's already there, or what might be cool to fit in the extra space? There's an extra 40HP on the second version for something, but maybe this is already a disaster/masterpiece.

There's also the possibility of keeping the Mother-32 in its original case and keeping the rack separate. Does anyone have experience using the M-32 like this? Do you feel one way or another about said options?

I'll probably go for the Maths straight up as the next tool, and was thinking possibly the LxD at the same time. Not sure yet as to what's gonna be the right order of acquisition. Ultimately I guess it would be optimum if each purchase/addition was a way of adding a new flavour/compositional possibility so that the beast grows and I can learn to tame it as it does over time.

Thoughts/help on all the above appreciated.
Takk fyrir.
J.