i'm putting together an ambient system and would love some advice, input, thoughts about what i have planned so far. i'll be building this slowly over time as i am beginning my journey into modular. i've been working with massive, absynth, and many other DAWs and analog synths for a few years so it's not totally new to me but any help will be useful while i learn and put it together. let me know what you all think

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_536572.jpg?1517258847

It's a nice setup, save for the one thing I always seem to be pet-peeving on: VCAs. Simple fix there would be to just swap the Blinds for a Veils or Intellijel's Quad VCA (same idea, same size, $10 cheaper). Also, you might find that switching out the Ears for some sort of line-level input could be useful, as that would then allow you to input external audio (field recordings, for example...good ambient element) into the processing part of the signal chain. Not sure about the Rings, also...with the Elements there, it's a little redundant, and you might find that some sort of more unconventional filter would be better suited while at the same time freeing up a tad more space. So far, so good, tho...

thanks Lugia! With Ears that was definitely my intention, thought i'd read somewhere that the input was line level but now i'm seeing it's a hi-z audio input.

Right...it's designed as a 'scratchable' piezo mic module. Given what you want to do musically, make sure to get an external input that has an envelope follower. That way, you can extract the incoming amplitude envelope and use it as a CV elsewhere, such as on a filter cutoff or VCA CV. Been in love with that capability since way back, working with it on an ARP 2600 which has it in conjunction with its input preamp.